Some of the troll accounts who have been impersonating players in game

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all,

I have found several accounts which have been actively posing as members of the Bannerlord community in order to diminish their reputation. These accounts have been masquerading as users which they have encountered in the game. While posing as other people, they go around trolling in order to make the real person look bad. This has been a problem for quite a while now and I doubt this will do much but at least you can see if someone has recently pretended to be you. Generally, it is pretty easy to spot since these impersonators do not bother with the profile picture and only copy the names and clan tags, but it can still be damaging to peoples reputations.

Tonight in a match of captains mode, members of my team and I noticed that a troll on the other team was impersonating a user by the name of "Snail Down". This impostor was out of map trolling in captains mode with another user going by the name of "Jalaquizz Trix". A person on my team by the name of "Dev_34" mentioned how he has also had people impersonate him before. After investigating the public steam accounts of these trolls, I found that the player impersonating Snail Down has originally had the username "Questionable". I have previously encountered a user by the name of Questionable trolling in captains mode. I am not sure if there is a real "Questionible" who he was impersonating, or if that identity is of his own creation. The "Jalaquizz Trix" account had a long list of name changes to other players which I know such as [BTL] Romulus and [SKBR] Aeducan. The "Jalaquizz Trix" account also had a log showing that at one point he has changed his name to "Dev 34", the same player which I encountered tonight, who had said that he has been impersonated before in Bannerlord. The account currently named "Jalaquizz Trix" had on his friends list another troll account which has also posed as Dev_34 along with some other names that I do not know personally. Many of the names across these accounts I recognize as players who I have previously encountered trolling, but I do not if they are just more stolen names or just usernames which these trolls came up with on their own.

If you would like to check an update list of name changes, here are some links so that you can check out what information these trolls have chosen to share through steam, on their public accounts:

Here are some images of the current list of name changes:
JbvEam5.png

iwahnOV.png

4aTEsEp.png

Edit:
Here is another one which I found through steam. It may already be banned idk

Njj7rdW.png

Edit 2:

In retaliation they are now pretending to be me. :LOL:
If you look through the posted troll accounts, two of them currently have my username/clantag and have been trolling under my name. If you see a "yerroc" trolling then go ahead and report it please, and let others know. I will be using the 500 badge for now, and soon the 750 badge. I highly doubt that they have badges that high on accounts that they use to sink people's games. Hopefully TW will do something
hlgwzS9.png

Qy8Ocak.png

Last edited:
Some sad humans you mentioned there... These trolls must have been beaten really badly in some matches... They are probably the type of players who play captain and run off away from their army get smashed immediately on their own by the enemy then yell out that their team is trash and quit... Romulus (or whatever the spelling) from BTL seems to be a nice guy, good player and good sportsmanship, it's hard to understand what someone gets out of this, makes me feel sad for them.

Last edited:
I would say these are stolen accounts and are being used for trolling, no one sane would waste more money just to impersonate and throw poop at certain peoples names, but I'm not sure. It's probably not limited to Bannerlord, they have some games in their inventory judging from the badges. And considering they have each other as friends on Steam(most of em) it might be only single guy or friends.
Maybe if you provided video evidence or such they would get an insta ban.
Still if this case is true @Fietta needs to take a look at this.

I would say these are stolen accounts and are being used for trolling, no one sane would waste more money just to impersonate and throw poop at certain peoples names, but I'm not sure. It's probably not limited to Bannerlord, they have some games in their inventory judging from the badges. And considering they have each other as friends on Steam(most of em) it might be only single guy or friends.
Maybe if you provided video evidence or such they would get an insta ban.
Still if this case is true @Fietta needs to take a look at this.
Since the two accounts were playing together at the same time I highly doubt that it was one person. One match they had gotten to this glitch spot on the rain map up on rocks next to the back entrance of the fort, and they were both moving and shooting at the AI and players who could not reach them with melee weapons. Since they were both moving around at the same time I do not think it is just one person. Imo I believe that they are just some friend group of ~15 year olds who think that what they do is funny.

In retrospect yeah I should of screenshot-ed them while they were out of map trolling, but I did not think to check out their profiles till after the games. Most of the names which they have used are fairly well known trolls in captains mode (at least for US servers) so I imagine that they already have been reported many times. Hopefully taleworlds can just match the list with the reports that these accounts have and then do something about it.

Edit: Looking back through my screenshots folder I did actually get one where you can see the Snail Down impersonator out of the map in the background of a game I joined. I think this is the rainy map one because no other map has water and I joined that game late.

6SPQtR9.jpg

Last edited:
Since the two accounts were playing together at the same time I highly doubt that it was one person. One match they had gotten to this glitch spot on the rain map up on rocks next to the back entrance of the fort, and they were both moving and shooting at the AI and players who could not reach them with melee weapons. Since they were both moving around at the same time I do not think it is just one person. Imo I believe that they are just some friend group of ~15 year olds who think that what they do is funny.

Isle of Dread has a lot of glitch spots up on the cliffs by both A and C. Every captain mode map does, to be honest, but the IoD spots are the most direct to get to while also being pretty effective. Ruins of Jawahl has the tower spot and the battlement spot along the back wall of A; they're harder to get to but harder to dislodge delayers from. I've only seen people try to safespot delay in the Battanian Village map (forget the name) a few times, because the only viable cliff spots are real easy to flush them out from with a bow or throwing weapons.

It's good to know that that probably wasn't the actual Snail though. He was being a **** in the match before that I was in with him too. Seeing people delay by safespotting isn't too rare, but it's usually the same few people. They don't do it all the time either, only occasionally when they get **** matchups (Khuzait vs Empire, Battania vs Vlandia) or start losing due to disconnects/just getting straight beat.

If I see a familiar name with no badge/freely available badge I'll be sure to keep the impersonators in mind. Thankfully it's harder to fake gameplay.

Found another one earlier today, I will add it to the main post above. I wonder if they just family share the game on steam with a fresh account and then remove it as a family member once it gets banned. ? ? ?

On this one you can see they have pretended to be one of our clanmates from BTL, Black Mamba, and also some other players such as plowdozer and Ragnar. Like the other troll accounts, this one lacks a profile picture and is completely public.

Last edited:
Lol I guess the trolls read this, the original profiles are now private and they have gone through and cleared and rename spammed to hide their name change history. :LOL:

though anyone can change their profile id to a custom one
not correct. you can get yourself a custom profile URL, but the original steam64 ID can still be used to access your profile - said steam64 ID is also the main part of what the game uses as your ingame ID (compared to warbands UIDs) (on steam, Epic and GOG have their own ID systems), so there should be no evading by changing your custom URL.

not correct. you can get yourself a custom profile URL, but the original steam64 ID can still be used to access your profile - said steam64 ID is also the main part of what the game uses as your ingame ID (compared to warbands UIDs) (on steam, Epic and GOG have their own ID systems), so there should be no evading by changing your custom URL.
depends on what TW uses

Back
Top Bottom