Some ideas from Warband/VC that I am happy they don't exist in BL

Users who are viewing this thread

ah the good ol' belligerent drunk... that crazy bastard. Yes warband did give PTSD when it comes to bandits in towns, and I'm sure many of us were expecting to be jumped on at the beginning of bannerlord development too
After you were famous enough, you could tell him to **** off. That's good design, removing early game challenges that become annoying later. They also did it with some simple quests.

What was annoying for me in WB was the soft cap on renown, losing half a percent every week AND getting smaller renown increases as you had more of it, so at some point you had to fight a lot just to maintain it (for the party size limit - if your party was maxed and the limit went down with the renown, you got random desertions, sometimes from your precious elite units).
I find the concept of decaying stats and generally losing stuff very frustrating - but I could be easily tricked if instead they make the stat benefits increase slower.

After you were famous enough, you could tell him to **** off. That's good design, removing early game challenges that become annoying later. They also did it with some simple quests.

What was annoying for me in WB was the soft cap on renown, losing half a percent every week AND getting smaller renown increases as you had more of it, so at some point you had to fight a lot just to maintain it (for the party size limit - if your party was maxed and the limit went down with the renown, you got random desertions, sometimes from your precious elite units).
I find the concept of decaying stats and generally losing stuff very frustrating - but I could be easily tricked if instead they make the stat benefits increase slower.
yeah, this is what is frustrating me at the current leveling system as well... it increases slower and slower. Finally a developer told me they are looking into ways of improving it, so I'm really hopeful for one of the next patches

You must be thinking of warband :razz: It's actually really hard to make troops desert in Bannerlord unless you go over you troop limit. Not feeding them keeps docking your moral -5 but it must drop very low before any will desert and bounces back up once you get food. Having like 150+ leadership would make it almost impossible to drop you moral low enough too, however I think it's been changed now.
Honestly I can't remember the scenario in BL due to over half a year ago and yeah it was definitely in WB. This may have been fixed since then also.

Thats weird because any alcoholic drink equals a negative glass of water meaning you would dehydrate quickly and badly if you used it as a replacement for water. You'd get sick and die especially if you are being active

I wrote "weak beer and wine", meaning the percentage of alcohol they had in their drink was less than in beer that you or I enjoy in a pub. That's because the hydrating benefit of the drink would be lost to increased need to urinate caused by alcohol in the drink. And even with the stronger beer we have, you should be able to manage at least couple of days with zero problems, I am a living proof of that. I went to long hikes with two buddies, and we pack a lot of beer, start drinking immediately when we leave, to get rid of the weight. Normally it's all consumed in first two days, and it's at that point when we start drinking water. I live in Finland, I don't think this is special behaviour here, more like what we men sometimes do.

Back
Top Bottom