some dumb stuff about companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jackundor

Recruit
sometimes things about the companion system annoy me. Like how every single companion and family member will fight in a battle bc hey, what's a noncombatant? Or how they level rather slowly compared to the player which is rather limiting to their usefulness (might be bc ai with low skill is rather useless or bc they are in the same progression system as the player while being only basic game ai)

but the thing that annoys me the most and would probably be relatively easy to fix is what formation they get sorted in in battle / what troop type they are seen as
bc if you don't assign them as a captain it will always be infrantry
bc noone could possible want to have a cavalry companion that isn't a camptain, like, for example, if you want to level a new clan member but still get the bonuses of a more experienced captain
it annoys me in my current campaign and annoyed me in my last campaign and it's fundamentally just dumb that we can't assign our companions a troop type

also, i've read online that it's supposed to automatically determine it according to troop type - if that's the case then it has never worked for me and put companions with a horse and a couch lance in the first weapon slot still in the infrantry

The newest beta has companion assignment fixed - you can attach them to any group and they stay there. But it also introduce other problem: companions are invisible until you meet them.

sometimes things about the companion system annoy me. Like how every single companion and family member will fight in a battle bc hey, what's a noncombatant? Or how they level rather slowly compared to the player which is rather limiting to their usefulness (might be bc ai with low skill is rather useless or bc they are in the same progression system as the player while being only basic game ai)

but the thing that annoys me the most and would probably be relatively easy to fix is what formation they get sorted in in battle / what troop type they are seen as
bc if you don't assign them as a captain it will always be infrantry
bc noone could possible want to have a cavalry companion that isn't a camptain, like, for example, if you want to level a new clan member but still get the bonuses of a more experienced captain
it annoys me in my current campaign and annoyed me in my last campaign and it's fundamentally just dumb that we can't assign our companions a troop type

also, i've read online that it's supposed to automatically determine it according to troop type - if that's the case then it has never worked for me and put companions with a horse and a couch lance in the first weapon slot still in the infrantry
There's a simple yet tedious workaround to fix that. In the pre-battle screen, make new groups for archers, cavalry and horse archers and then delete them and it should put the mismatched companions back into their correct groups. What sucks is that you have to remember to do it before every battle

Back
Top Bottom