Some custom troops randomly spawning without weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, my users have been reporting that their troops will sometimes spawn without weapons.

I have triple checked my XML files, and my own game to make sure that the weapons appear in the troop's inventory and in cheat mode roster of items to eliminate the possibility of a typo/error on my part.

However, I still notice that sometimes, my troops will fight with their fists meaning that the game either
a) doesn't spawn the weapons
b) doesn't tell the troop to use the weapons

Has anyone else noticed something similar? Not sure what to do about it since everything seems fine on my end.

The mod in question:

If you have multiple equipment sets, it is not actually loaded as a set, the troop will randomly equip any equipment you put on their equipment sets, first is check maybe you have duplicate item in 1 item slot, if thats not the case

what you can do is limit your equipment set to 1

but I’m sure you like variants of equipments, so other thing is see the format how the horse and harness of cavalry unit are placed, it was after </equipmentset> not inside,
you can also follow that format and put there atleast 1 weapon and that item will be loaded no matter the equipment your troop has.

sometimes it is also caused by inconsistent item slot usage, for example you put sword on 1st item slot in first equipment set, the 2nd equipment set has shield on 1st item slot, and so on, there was a case my troop has a shield on back and a shield on their hand, but no weapon, because the item slot has been shared.

Upvote 0
If you have multiple equipment sets, it is not actually loaded as a set, the troop will randomly equip any equipment you put on their equipment sets, first is check maybe you have duplicate item in 1 item slot, if thats not the case

what you can do is limit your equipment set to 1

but I’m sure you like variants of equipments, so other thing is see the format how the horse and harness of cavalry unit are placed, it was after </equipmentset> not inside,
you can also follow that format and put there atleast 1 weapon and that item will be loaded no matter the equipment your troop has.

sometimes it is also caused by inconsistent item slot usage, for example you put sword on 1st item slot in first equipment set, the 2nd equipment set has shield on 1st item slot, and so on, there was a case my troop has a shield on back and a shield on their hand, but no weapon, because the item slot has been shared.
Yeah suspected it may have to with having different slots. I'll have to go through my XMLs and make sure its consistent and see if that helps.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom