In Progress Some crossbows and a variety of other items are not able to be produced by workshops

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:

In the xml files, 5 different crossbows (and a variety of other items in the other spitems xmls) are assigned the "neutral_culture" tag.

yjbPd.png

The code then apparently assigns any items labelled with the "neutral_culture" tag as having "Calradian" culture.

ncnOj.png

Well when workshops are randomly selecting an item to produce, they can only pick an item that has either the same culture as the town or 'null' culture. This can be seen in the IsItemPreferredForTown method.

2DYt6.png

Since "Calradian" is niether 'null' nor a valid culture of a town, then the items with that tag are blocked from ever getting chosen to be produced by workshops. If those tags are removed from the item in the xmls by using Ctrl + F for "neutral_culture" and deleting the line, then those items will begin to spawn in towns again.

Other items that are also considered cultureless, such as the Noble Bow, do not have any culture tags specified in the xmls and will spawn in game without an issue.

Either another exception for items of "Calradian" culture needs to be added to the IsItemPreferredForTown method, or the "neutral_culture" tag needs to be removed from use in all of the item xmls.

How to Reproduce: Look in the market of towns in any game of sufficient length and notice that there are no Bound Crossbows to be found anywhere. You can also put a breakpoint in the code in the GetRandomItem method, then navigate through the local variables to the "ranged_weapon_5" category and observe that the Bound Crossbow (crossbow_f) is labelled as Calradian culture.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No

Hello, some of the items created for the test purposes have been removed from the game but can be still accessed via cheat inventory. I don't know the exact list of these items so i will ask around and inform the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are going through the list of calradian/neutral items before enabling them for workshops. Soon all the neutral items will be available for workshops to craft.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are going through the list of calradian/neutral items before enabling them for workshops. Soon all the neutral items will be available for workshops to craft.
Sounds good! I appreciate the response.

Do you mean you were already in the process of doing that after some testing, or that they had been forgotten about?

Sounds good! I appreciate the response.

Do you mean you were already in the process of doing that after some testing, or that they had been forgotten about?

We were aware of the problem but we had to hold it before fixing other issues regarding workshop production and item valuation before (re)introducing a couple of high tier items. If anything your topic was a good reminder of showing us that the coasts are clear for the fix.

Back
Top Bottom