Some Cool Features of the MOD a brief help guide (unofficial)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok here is an attempt from me to highlight some cool features contained with Sword of Damocles, this is not an official guide, mistakes may be made, and things may be left out, but I thought I would make a space where we can begin to share and explain some of the features of the Game and how to find and use them.

So without further a do............

Features:

In Battle Dueling:
When you start a battle you may notice that sometimes a Lord or soldier may pop up on your screen and challenge you to a duel!

When this happens you have 2 options:

1. A message will appear asking if you would like to let an ally fight this duel, you have approx. 15 seconds to respond to this message by pressing either 'Y' (yes) or 'N' (no) if you select 'yes' a randomly selected soldier from your army will charge out to meet the challenger, if you select 'no' after a few seconds you will be given
option 2.

2. A message will appear asking if you will face the challenge yourself again you have approx. 15 secs to respond by pressing Y or N if you choose yes your opponent will charge the field against you.

Notes:
When a duel begins do not issue any orders to your troops as this will result in you losing the duel.
If you lose the duel your armies morale drops.
If you win the duel you recieve a large XP bonus and the enemies morale drops, this may also result in a number of the enemy surrendering.
During a duel both armies will hold position and wait for the result of the duel.
At the end of a Duel your army will automatically charge.

Town Tournaments:
You can make a lot of money in town tournaments by betting on yourself winning the tournament.
There is also a feature in which you can look for a wealthy individual who is willing to take a substantial bet with you.

Death: In the future there will be an option to turn on player and companion death as well as Lords. HOWEVER this is not currently implemented.

Governance of Your New Kingdom:
If you capture a town or castle and you are not currently under the Sovereignty of another Faction. (You have not pledged yourself to a Faction Leader) You will found your own kingdom.

This opens up a whole new area of the game.

Kingdom Management:
One of your first tasks is to set the law system for how you will run your kingdom, this is determined by a set of 'slider' bars that allow you to adjust the emphasis you will place on various morale and logistical choices for your Kingdom. For example will you run a centralised or decentralised kingdom, will you grant your peoples the rights of free men or keep them bound in servitude. The pros and cons of these choices are explained on the 'slider' screen.

Your Court Council:
You may appoint 4 councilman to your kingdom.

Minister:
This is your first council member. He can be one of your companions (which unlocks extra features) Or a Prominent Citizen. He is responsible for recruiting your other councilman. Is also responsible for assigning fiefs to vassals (especially Villages) this function is only unlocked if you assign a Companion or Spouse to the position.  Can also assign Diplomatic Missions to companions. You have to work your way up through the 'ranks' to get a full Military Alliance. Something like 'Non-aggression Pact', 'Trade Pact', 'Alliance'. (I think) (who wants to talk when you can stab! that is what computer games are for!!) :razz:

Constable:
This is your second council member. He is in charge of your military. He can assign a town to begin a training program led by himself. He can send out recruiters to gather more men to your towns and castles. He can send a message to your Villagers Elders for them to automatically send recruits from your controlled villages to the nearest garrison. (This consumes population from villages). He can hire patrols to patrol around a specified location. He can sell prisoners for you at a lower price than when dealing directly with ransom brokers. He can also give you information on how your wars are going.

Chamberlain:
The Chamberlain is your third council member. He is in charge of the kingdom treasury, fief management (tax and improvements) and your household items.

Chancellor: (Requires A Town)
The Chancellor is your fourth council member and is available when you capture a town. He is in charge of sending messages to other lords and enables you to recruit Lords to your kingdom from outside of Panovosa.

Foreign Lords: (Recruited by the Chancellor)
It is possible, every few weeks, to recruit a Lord from Calradia, by speaking to the Chancellor and paying an 'Incentive' fee a New Lord will arrive in your kingdom within a couple of days. You will receive an announcement of his arrival at which point you must return to your Capital and accept his oath of fealty to begin using him. You can assign fiefs to him through the Minister, or choose to assign him fiefs when you take a new town or castle. From the moment you accept his oath he will act as a Vassal Lord for your kingdom.

Granting Fiefs: (Requires Spouse Or Companion as Minister)

Return to your Capital Court Site and speak to the Minister, you will find an option to give fiefs to your vassals. Within this option it shows you what fiefs remain unassigned.

Troop Types:

Noble Troops:
In SoD each playable faction has a Noble Troop Tree. This is an Elite troop type that is only available when you have the 'send recruits from villages' option active from your Constables options. They can also be recruited from prisoner pools where available. Each Noble troop has three levels of development, much the same as any other troop type. Further options become available when your kingdoms faith reaches a high enough level.

Forming Regiments:
In SoD you can form regiments, these are war parties that you can give specific tasks, much the same as Vassal Lords. Each of the five Playable factions have their own Noble Troop Tree. (this should expand to all factions in later versions. Fingers Crossed). You start out the game with a few Nobles in your party, by talking to them you can select the option, form a regiment. This will then allow you to transfer troops under the command of a Noble Troop. I think the party size of a regiment is the same as your own (it has been a while since I did it so I cannot remember). Nobles are currently recruited to your kingdom from villages. You have to speak to your Constable and ask him to tell your village elders to send recruits, and every so often a Noble will arrive with the recruits. (I don't know the exact info behind this yet as I have yet to really explore the village recruits system. This may well change in future releases too)

Faith Troops:
Faith troops are the super power troops of the game. When your kingdom's religion reaches a high enough level (Converted Population) your Noble Troops may begin to convert to Zealous. Only the top tier Noble Troops convert to Zealous. When this happens you can leave these zealous troops in a castle with a Chapel or Town with a Cathedral and after sometime they will change into a Faith Troop. (I think that is how the system currently works. I haven't done it yet)  You can convert noble troops from any faction (when they are in your party)

Faith Troop Formula:
1) Town/Castle with Chapter = Enable Noble Stage 1 (+1 Town with Temple) (+1 Village with Monastery) (+1 Village with Shrine) || Check Time Every Day
2) Noble Stage 1 -> Noble Stage 2 -> Noble Stage 3 (Max Level)
3a) Noble Stage 3 - (High Personal Faith in Player Party) -> 1 x Noble Zealot (Stage 4) || Check Time Every Day
3b) Noble Stage 3 - (Garrisoned in Town with Temple, High Overall Faith [of Town & Bound Villages]) -> (0 to 10) x Noble Zealot (Stage 4) || Check Time Every Week
4) Noble Zealot - (Garrisoned in Castle with Chapel) -> (1 to 10) x Faith Troop (Final Stage) || Check Time Every Week

Troop Names:

Ronin: Ronin become Samurai horsemen or Samurai Dragoons and can only be found in Taverns.

Knights of Ashkolon: KoA are Heavy Armoured Knights that are available as Mercs in Taverns.

I know :smile:

that is why it is unofficial :razz:

I am just planning to draw together what I have found by playing the game or asking you :razz:

I figure we can make a 'one stop shop' for some of the new things you have put in.

Also the reason stuff is behind the scenes is cause the audience aren't supposed to see it :razz:

So for many things players may never know DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!

But I figure they can at least know some stuff, the Dueling for instance is a tricky one as my first instinct was 'if I refuse to let my ally fight does that mean that the duel is automatically lost and bad things could happen?!?' but then I found out that I coud choose to fight it after that.

Also it can be the place where people ask those questions about how features work and the community and yourself can give feedback/answers and then that can join the list of stuff at the top of the page :smile:

Just a way in which people can get tutorial content without it being another job for you to do :smile: And it may even help to create the in game tutorial content as it will highlight areas in which people have trouble understanding how best to utilise the game interface etc. :grin:

Hmm, I guess in some ways I'm giving people the chance to experiment which is good. I know some people will wonder about the rate  at which they get asked to duel though. For every 10 1 on 1 hero duels you have, the max amount of times you can duel in a 24 hour period goes up by 1. So this means that when a day goes by you get a duel point of +1. Let's say you have 46 1 on 1 duels. Well that means you have a max of 5 duels to use in one day. So let's say you use all  of them in a 24 hour period. That means you have to wait 5 days or 120 in-game hours to get it back to the max of 5. But this is all behind the scenes and is something that is upgradable, but not see able by the player.

I got a ton of crap like this going on behind the scenes. So the player will be revealed more things by actually playing the game and not even realizing that they didn't have access to something when they 1st started. Take that level scaling.

Oh, some level scaling is used too. For instance the bandit parties, and the mercenaries you can recruit in Taverns.

SN:
Ninja'd by Libspit 2x in one day...

SN:
Ninja'd by Libspit 2x in one day...

That is my own personal bit of level scaling biatch :razz:

For every post on the forum I run a fractal distallation algorith divided by the frequency of twelve rads of solar radiation within a given time period of the inverse square of the current lunar cycle and the topographical layout of a 2'x2' square of rainforest as rendered by a mathmatical equation.

which is directly proportioante to my current level of awesomeness!

also I saw your comment about recruiting being proportionate to your current level I was inteding to add it here too, but my brain is sleepy and forgetful...... :razz:

Hi, not related to above but seems the best place to ask -I read there was an option to enable player death/lord death- yet don't see it in Warlord option screen.

Enabled by default?

I don't think this is implemented yet.

It is one of compys soon to be implemented ideas but was delayed due to real life. (I think this is accurate)

@froggyluv  What Lib said, though RL is not getting in the way at the moment, since the mod release I've been making myself play other games. Can't seem to make myself play Skyrim for some reason... I'm stuck in a loop of Just Cause 2, Terraria, Titan Quest, & Railroad Tycoon 3 (Don't Ask). But that is a feature I plan to add after mercenaries are in.

Hehe, no worries. I sometimes make missions for Arma2 and after finishing -can't play the game for like 3 months. I can only imagine your game fatigue after something like this!

Same problem with Skyrim -I think it's the fighting system as theres just this huge disconnect bewteen you clicking your attack button and the actual attack. Very little to no physics being incorporated and with a M&B backround -thats just unacceptable.

Nobody dare knock the railroad tycoon series!!! making train tracks is awesome!!!!

Although I have to say industry giant 2 is pretty damn awesome although not very compatible with newer operating systems.... but the ability to have civil osprey tilt wing planes carrying cargo around your corporate empire if simply and frankly nothing short of awesome!!!!

This was brought to you by libspit irrelevant and off topic postings

froggyluv said:
Hehe, no worries. I sometimes make missions for Arma2 and after finishing -can't play the game for like 3 months. I can only imagine your game fatigue after something like this!

Same problem with Skyrim -I think it's the fighting system as theres just this huge disconnect bewteen you clicking your attack button and the actual attack. Very little to no physics being incorporated and with a M&B backround -thats just unacceptable.
Aye, I love the ARMA series also and also do the same (Warzone is like the only thing I play), it's all good fun though.

I think you nailed Skyrim on the head, at certain points I felt disconnected, so I tried to stick to magic... but that damn menu is not built for PCs... I miss the Elder Scrolls 3 days.  :sad:  At least in Oblivion I felt like I was hitting something hard when I held the mouse click down. Hopefully some mods could bring some new flavor to it.

LibSpit said:
Nobody dare knock the railroad tycoon series!!! making train tracks is awesome!!!!

Although I have to say industry giant 2 is pretty damn awesome although not very compatible with newer operating systems.... but the ability to have civil osprey tilt wing planes carrying cargo around your corporate empire if simply and frankly nothing short of awesome!!!!

This was brought to you by libspit irrelevant and off topic postings
Yes! I agree! I want to play the Sid Meir version also. (Looks up IG2) Nice, a supply chain simulator. I think I'll stick to Sim City 4 though.

Sim City is another rockin set of games. Transport Tycoon is another great game, similar to railroad but you use trains, planes, automobiles and boats.

I used to also get a kick out of sim tower, that was a lot of fun.

Wow we got so off topic :razz: but hey that is what the first post is for Muahahahahaha

LibSpit said:
Sim City is another rockin set of games. Transport Tycoon is another great game, similar to railroad but you use trains, planes, automobiles and boats.

I used to also get a kick out of sim tower, that was a lot of fun.

Wow we got so off topic :razz: but hey that is what the first post is for Muahahahahaha
Sim Tower = Nostalgia

I used to make it so that my family lived in a Condo.  :lol:  I'm going to play that again.

can someone tell me how to find samurai soldier? i looking at the whole game and i cant find them anywhere. Are they special?

lequang1 said:
can someone tell me how to find samurai soldier? i looking at the whole game and i cant find them anywhere. Are they special?
Just hire Ronin. They eventually upgrade into samurai. They will be hard to find so when you do see them at a tavern hire them. Easier ways to acquire mercs will come in the future.

lequang1 said:
thank you very much.  :grin: but can i only hire them in tavern?
Actually, they're only Yakuza pretending to be Ronin, but after a while in with you're troops they get better at it, stop spending so much time in taverns, and call themselves Samurai. 

And that wacky armor they wear? It hides the tattoos.
Don't believe them when they tell you they lost the finger in a battle. It's a particularly sincere form of apology. Let them know that their word is more than good enough when they say they're sorry or things might get...messy.

Also, you might want to keep the Ronin and the Sword Sisters apart.  Apparently the ladies take exception to some elements of the "entrepreneurial" suggestions the Ronin make.  Sword Sisters make it abundantly clear that they don't consider themselves "that kind" of mercenary.

Back
Top Bottom