Some bugs and other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Take a good hard look at troop trees and levels. 200k XP to get average 3rd best tier troop to 2nd best. ~300k XP extra to then get the poor guy to max tier. And that's on top of almost 800 penings to upgrade him, and then pay 48 more every week. It's just not viable right now to hire people in villages and towns, when you can go to tavern, buy yourself a bunch of veterans, or, even better, svear warriors - complete with chainmail armor, shield, axe and javelins/spears, for less than 300 penings a pop and mow down anything that stands in the way. Cost less than 30p per week too.
2. Take away seaxes from mentioned above svear warriors. Fully equipped troops look cool, aye. But Warband AI is non-existant when it comes to making decisions which weapon type to use in combat. When I see my army charging the opponent with seaxes in their hands and axes on their belts, I want to punch babies.
3. It's beyond me why old captain costs almost 700 penings and comes with a horse. Basing on his skills, I doubt he's even a real captain.
4. Farmland event near Eidynburh. After killing the vikings I got a message that I looted a byrnie and 2 chainmail armors in my overworld feed. None were in my inventory.
5. Fort of Dun Breatann scene features a lot of floating scenery in the market area. Like half of meshes are noticeably above the ground.
6. In all assembly related dialogues Asbjorn calls it a Thing. Also, was it normal for pagan Danes to have a christian man on the assemblies like that, and as a jury too?
7. Port assaults are rage-inducing for different reasons. a) Defenders keep position on the beach instead of charging, allowing the attackers and player to kill them off easily while they stand their ground. b) Path-finding of attackers prevents some troops from leaving ships, instead piling them up on the bow and stern, at least it's the issue with Skeids, around 30 people of my 110 men force were stuck on ships. I doubt it's related to the maps, but the battle was at Cell Rigmonaid.
8. I'm sure it was mentioned before. I'm sure you knew about it before release. And I'm still gonna mention it. For the love of god, please fix the boarding mechanics. Every time ships break apart from each other, I lose troops because some of them get stuck inside or between ships for some reason. Another physics related thing: during port assaults, before hitting the shore, troops start to lag about on the ship a little, pushing me all over the place. Being stuck between glitchy troops and stern of the ship usually results in me being launched out of the ship into the water, which is hardly fun or historically accurate.
9. I think there's no reason for me to mention that text is broken since last update, since it's quite obvious. Morale menu, tactical screen, truce messages, refuge management, on overworld screen, all have debug lines or simply broken. If you update the game, please at least run it and look through main menus.
10. Dying in first person mode results in loss of character's head. It's not a big issue, but since NW doesn't have it, apparently it can be fixed. Dying in first person while on ship results in player's vision being upside-down until the end of the battle. Not the best way to spectate, really.
11. Check the shields. Stats of some don't really fit their mesh, like Round and Rawhide Shields having the same size stat as Danish Shield, 85, but being noticeably smaller visually.
12. Bebbanburh. There's a bunch of floating pots and baskets, turn right from entrance. Also, dried meat meshes are wrongly positioned in the tavern, near the fireplace.
13. Had 3 ships in Ribe, Snekkja and 2 Skeids. I accidentally clicked on Snekkja's role and switched it to flagship. When I tried to fix it, and switched my original Skeid to flagship, the ship teleported inside the Snekjja. Purely visual issue.
14. Please tone down "bloom" effect. Cross-like effect looks nice on candles, not nice on everything else, especially during midnight naval battles. Even water spray under ship's bow looks bright as the sun.
15. Ship customization is absolutely free.
16. Sven's Hideout is located south-east of Ribe, not north-east like Revenge: The Wolf's Den quest says.
17. Throwing spears and Ragnar's Seax don't show up on character models.
18. There's something very strange going on in kingdom of Alt Clut. Half of the lords on overworld map have extra meshes connected to them. From bridges and camps to huge map location names.
19. Donnchadh asks for 1472 penings to hire him. It's actually 300, even the choice button says so.
20. Bug from first release, just found the screenshot and not sure if it was already fixed. During confrontation with Orm at Ulf's, he says "give me 2000 penings" instead of 4000.

Back
Top Bottom