SP - General Some bug and some suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

LEEKING2005

Recruit
First talk about bug.

The 1st bug is the manual troop grouping some time not save and will revert to it's initial troop type grouping after a while. (E.G I set my companion and some horse archer manually to group 7 so I can have them follow me in battle but the game kept reverting them to their original group.)

2nd bug is some troop will go against my will and charge enemy in a siege, despite i tell them to retreat and few of them just climb the ladder and go suicide. (I suspect they are newly spawn troop)

3rd bug is now you can up your charm with an exploit in 1.06, in which after you bartered with a troop in world map, saved and load you can barter with him/her again and it can repeat infinite time.

Other bug like missing companion after send them to a quest, in some Keep when choosing playing game but the noble just stand there after agreed, help train some man quest bugged etc probably already report by others.

Now come to suggestions.

1st suggestion would be bring back the fire and sword archery system, the bannerlord horse archery system is far more clunkier than Fire and Sword. Often time the system don't let me release the arrow when I wanted. In fire and sword you could release the arrow any time it just with less strength and sometimes also accuracy depending how quick you release, but even a split second different in release time are crucial in horse archery combat, and if it's not possible with current engine then please disable the pulling bow time limits or make it much longer. Actually it goes same with melee weapon also, do I need to pull the spear all the way back in order to thrust? Or i can just thrust with very little pull?

2nd suggestion is regarding those stepped bandits. I would suggest making some ways to capture fast enemies, like able to splitting your party to baiting them and ambush them, using archery to disorienting them in range (slow 50%) temporally or hiding and ambush function in world map. What's the usage of your number and range weapon if you cannot use it in world map? So far only able to trap and fight them once cause one of my companion cornering them on river and i come from other side but that's pure luck.

3rd would be more weapon proficiency and choices like bomb and guns in fire and sword. This game adding throwing dagger, I planning start a playthrough to test for it but as far as i see it carrying no weight in the game (Really? With that kind of damage and carry quantities? While you can get 4 big and heavy axe on you any time?).
It's true because throwing knife had limited range and piercing abilities it didn't fare well in medieval history, but it doesn't stop you to use some imagination in it, coating it with poison and using it strictly for killing horse right? (And of-course no one boasting about an assassin troop which coating their weapon with poison in real life's history, but you can make a faction like this in fictional right?)

The charm of mount and blade always about brilliantly mixing action game, tactic warfare and role playing with decent build, troops and weapon choice. It's good to see the game would come with multiplayer support, but if the multiplayer balance destroying the design of game then it's not worth it.

Also regarding archery system, i think you can add crouch shot and jump shot in the game, for what's the different between reinforce bow and long bow if you cannot perform trick shot with reinforce bow? From what I've seen so far the melee weapon infantry had much better mobility even with their shield up, it's not fair for archer in multiplayer cause the archer seem like had extremely low movement speed, can only shoot in 1 direction and unable to wielding shield.

Another thing about archery experience is the AI and command instruction, the F4 command should be hold your fire (change to melee weapon) and Keep firing (stay on range weapon). Now those dumb AI keep changing to melee when just 1 or 2 cavalry approach them, there should be a command to make them stay at range attack, trust in your bow then only your enemy will fear you.

The extremely narrow of "line formation" doesn't help also when you're leading around 280 archer with you, they should be able to form an extreme long line of U shape and not 3-4 line of narrow rectangular to maximize their angle to penetrate approaching shield unit if they dumb enough to come at a straight line.

Last but not least is another missing feature of fire and sword, I seem to remember in fire and sword when you're leading a group of horse archers attacking a caravan they will build up a circle of wood fences and snipe you out of it, and i can command my horse archer follow me in a long line behind me and sniping them in circle so their wood fences cannot def them from the back. The "follow me in a long line" function I forgot it's a mod or original game due to it's many years ago but the Bannerlord current formation command system is very bad at maximizing shooting angle and mobility of horse archer.

PS: It really upsetting me when I clearly tell them to follow behind me but when I slow down and fire my arrow suddenly one or 2 dudes coming in front of me and blocking my vision and my arrow. If I'm a real general those brick head would surely be thrown in jail if not executed.

Last edited:
Just some thought after I see many peoples complaining on the Skill leveling system.

After I experimental on the skill leveling system a bit I think I found some flaws in it. The attributes point should not affect skill's level cap cause i don't think the grouping is fair and peoples generally don't like to wasting time on one hand sword if their favorites is Polearm.

To remedy the unfair & unnecessary grouping system I think attributes best just serve as attack power & shield breaking damage % in "Vigor"; accuracy, pulling speed, armor penetration/damage for "Control"; Stamina, turn rates, damage received reduction in "Endurance"; ability to avoid detection, maintain high morale, % to sneak through armies of guard in "Cunning"; Quest reward, relationship % boost, Army party sizes % boost, and passive income/renown/influences boost in "social"; Extra skills learning speed %, Army party sizes % boost, % to reduce death in troops, attack power and building speed for engineering project in "Intelligence" or something similar with those.

Also can change the focus point earn from 1 to 2 points per level but every skill now had 10 focus point limit to remedy about players complaining progression is too slow.

Back
Top Bottom