SOLVED: Truce /= Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Valen

Recruit
I'm a bit confused, apparently we have a failure to communicate properly and a different definition of Peace.  I've had factions ask for a Peace agreement however when I accept all we get is a truce which then reverts back to war at it's conclusion.  How do you make a true Peace and cessation of war?  I see no options in the emissary dialog for it.  I've seen this happen as a faction member, we war then have a truce and following that there's peace. 

Are you at war with the pope by any chance? Same thing happened to me when I was at war with them, every country that auto-declares on you (like half of Europe) then made at some point a truce with me, only to revert back to war right after it ended. I think I had been at war for over 150 days, at that point I made a new game cause there was no chance to get out of that cycle.
After capturing the pope I even made a truce with Patrenomium Sancti Petri but they also just changed back to war afterwards.

Sorry, can't offer you any solution, seems you're stuck.

When you capture lords of some countries you go to auto war.
I went into peace with HRE and was at war with teutonics. Captured they lords and I see that HRE raids me again, I look and see they are at like -4 relationship. Few weeks later into the war I get info that the truce between us is over -_-.

So if I were you I would save before capturing any lord and then see if capturing made you an enemy of some random kingdom.
Capturing teutonics made HRE Pope and Communi Ghibellini go to war with me.

All that happened when I just made my country, I had to fight 4-5 countries but well I did it and teutonics are no more and my country is so big that soon I should get the "curb-stomp his power" wars.

xat said:
I went into peace with HRE and was at war with teutonics. Captured they lords and I see that HRE raids me again, I look and see they are at like -4 relationship. Few weeks later into the war I get info that the truce between us is over -_-.

So if I were you I would save before capturing any lord and then see if capturing made you an enemy of some random kingdom.

All that happened when I just made my country, I had to fight 4-5 countries but well I did it and teutonics are no more and my country is so big that soon I should get the "curb-stomp his power" wars.

We'll that's cool, only a kingdom should give you an ultimatum first, release or war.  It looks like I'm going to have to try releasing all my prisoners to see if we can't get a full peace.  I really hate how there's no clarity on why a kingdom has declared war, it's damn near a game breaker.

Valen said:
xat said:

We'll that's cool, only a kingdom should give you an ultimatum first, release or war.  It looks like I'm going to have to try releasing all my prisoners to see if we can't get a full peace.  I really hate how there's no clarity on why a kingdom has declared war, it's damn near a game breaker.

Its not really about releasing. Its just that when you capture a lord you go to insta war. For example if you will fight with pope because he feels like attacking you. Never ever capture any lord of papal state. Unless you want a war with half a map. The moment you capture a lord is the moment you get - rep for some factions.
I think it might be related to how well they like each other, but might be related to something else. Thomas is the one that knows for sure, we can only guess.

Trying a little experiment,  I've taken Rome, Papal States are no more... that's one way to get Peace with the Pope.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can become Pope :sad:.  Several of the kingdoms have finally gone to full peace, but I still have at least 5 at war with me.  Those damn auto joining lords keep defecting to my Kingdom of Heaven.  Anyone know how to tweak that to require approval first?

Valen said:
Trying a little experiment,  I've taken Rome, Papal States are no more... that's one way to get Peace with the Pope.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can become Pope :sad:.  Several of the kingdoms have finally gone to full peace, but I still have at least 5 at war with me.  Those damn auto joining lords keep defecting to my Kingdom of Heaven.  Anyone know how to tweak that to require approval first?
You should ask pope to make you a king first, trough the send a messenger option in your courtroom. That way kingdoms that are christian will accept you. Dunno what it does but well better to do it anyway.
Also for a lord to join you you have to accept him in your main town where the guy/girl sending the truce etc etc is. You can always tell them to go away.

SOLVED:  So the issue is once you have a truce you need to be sure you don't have any lords for that kingdom in your prisons.  As it states The Kingdom of X has no outstanding issues with the kingdom of X and having their lords imprisoned would be an issue.  Once I freed them, the truce turned to Peace.

The Pope did crown me already and as I mentioned I had a good relationship with him but as also mentioned I imprisoned some lord and that happened to be a good friend of his and he initiated a freaking crusade on me which it looks like I survived.  I reverted from taking over Papal states, I'd like to keep him as an added diplomacy challenge.  He's still at war with me but slowly but surely the other kingdoms are moving towards peace and I'll see what I can do about restoring peace with the Pope.

Yes I do realize you have to accept lords that defect but even before you do their fiefs list as part of you kingdom and I would think even if you haven't accepted them, the kingdom that just lost fiefs would have to declare war on you to get them back which is not good.  You have to travel all the way back to your court to dismiss them.  Since I was already at war with the world it's kinda of hard to tell if that's the case, but I do know I'm getting siege and pillage warnings from those new fiefs that haven't REALLY been accepted into my kingdom.

The last challenge is trying to find more compatible lords. I have about 15 now that are devoted 99 relationship which comes from them actually liking each other.  The game is totally lacking in reporting on whatever statistics work to define if a lord likes another lord.  With some it's obviously being in the same family but with others granting a fief just doesn't incur a negative hit with the other lords and there's no family relations.  2 of them I stole from other kingdoms which was fun and in the process they looked at two factors.  Your kingdom's military strength in comparison and their compatibility with your other lords so there is code somewhere that could help report on this and would be damned handy at lord recruitment time.  Lord compatibility is an interesting thing to manage but it's like the game is missing the game play here.

Back
Top Bottom