(Solved)Making more mercenaries appear in the tavern

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you referring to more visitors (as in more agents in the actual tavern scene), different types of mercenaries in one town, or just increasing the number of mercenaries available?

Code:
             (try_begin),
	       (gt, ":mercenary_troop", 0),
               (gt, ":mercenary_amount", 0),
               (set_visitor, ":cur_entry", ":mercenary_troop"),
               (val_add, ":cur_entry", 1),
             (try_end),
Change the set_visitor line to set_visitors instead and add the amount as the last parameter. Obviously you don't want dozen people in one entry point, so dividing mercenary_amount by 2 and using that should be fine (Native has a range of 3-7 mercenaries). Talking to any of them should trigger the same dialog option as in Native, but there might be bugs if you further customize the tavern visitors.

No, they line up into squares if the amount of visitors is high enough. They shouldn't need extra entry points unless your amount of mercenaries is higher than Native's.

(
Code:
try_begin),
               (set_visitors, ":cur_entry", ":mercenary_troop",3),
               (set_visitors, ":cur_entry", ":mercenary_troop",3),
               (val_add, ":cur_entry", 2),
             (try_end),

I did this in my code.
Instead of seeing several leaders of mercenary groups, I'm seeing 1 entire mercenary party.
I speak to one of them and hire then they all disappear.
So, for ex. 8 spies are in the tavern.'
4 are at one entry point and 4 at another.
I speak to one and hire.
I leave the tavern come back and they are all gone.
8 spies are now in my party.

I think what we are asking for is the option of having two mercenary leaders in each tavern, each having a group that is not actually there.

Even better would be able to talk back and say: no, i only want to hire 2 of you not all 8.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
GDWitt for Brytenwalda

Here's some interesting code in floris open source. Comments?
Code:
   (party_get_slot, ":mercenary_troop", "$current_town", slot_center_mercenary_troop_type),
             (party_get_slot, ":mercenary_amount", "$current_town", slot_center_mercenary_troop_amount),
             (try_begin),
               (set_visitor, ":cur_entry", ":mercenary_troop"),
             (try_end),

##Floris
             (party_get_slot, ":mercenary_troop2", "$current_town", slot_center_mercenary_troop_type_2),  #Adds a menu for the second group of mercenaries in the tavern
             (party_get_slot, ":mercenary_amount2", "$current_town", slot_center_mercenary_troop_amount_2),
             (try_begin),
               (gt, ":mercenary_amount2", 0),
               (gt, ":mercenary_troop2", 0),
               (set_visitor, ":cur_entry", ":mercenary_troop2"),
             (try_end),

I wanted to use this recently, I used the last code here posted in game_menu, I added its constants.
In module_dialogs I made a complete copy of the dialog with the new constants, I modified the dialog names, the local variables.
In module_script, I made a copy of the mercenary type script, and also where it is called from ...
2 different types of mercenaries appear, but I can't hire the 2, even when I hire one, the other tells me "what are your orders sir", the worst thing is that if I hire for example a mercenary_1, on my party the mercenary_2 appears to me,
someone kept modifying this? And has it worked for you? Because I would like to have 2 guys and be able to hire the 2, in the last case, hire only one, but that I choose to appear in my troops.

Back
Top Bottom