[Solved] Fine Steel Menavilon 10x cut damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

EDIT: Thanks to the helpful users below, I didn't realize that on the stats of a weapon there's clickable buttons to see different stats for different modes. Still though, 181 cut damage seems like a lot.

Hello!

I've been noticing that when used my spear/lance (a " Fine Steel Menavilon " ) it would do seemingly ten times the cut damage when using it in a two-handed mode without a spear. The listed base cut damage of the spear is 14, but it often does five to ten times or even more of that damage (more or less variation by the double digits, such as ranging as low as 80 damage to 254 -- the highest I've noted). I've tested for this on version e1.0.2 as of today. I don't know if this applies to any other spears however. Please note that the damage multiplication doesn't usually depend on what body part I hit nor how much armor they have, I am usually able to deal above 100 damage and kill anyone within one blow so long as they don't block it. Although my highest damage achieved so far was a 254 damage hit to the head.

Thanks for reading this post!

Last edited:
the spear exist in beta multiplayer so i can sure it is working as how it meant to be

menavilon spear head basically is a sword, and the weapon it self is a sword plugged into a stick
holding one-handedly dealing less damage mean that your hand just can not swing such a heavy stick
so if you want to swing such a heavy stick, two handed will be your only choise

You can't swing it with a shield anyway (only stab) so the damage stat shown there is irrelevant. You cannot toggle it between modes like the 2h weapons with x.
Oh! I didn't realize the stats shown on a weapon are subject to its mode. Thanks! Just now found out you can switch between them on the stats page.

Back
Top Bottom