Solutions to Low Player Count in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

-New maps
-Custom game modes
-No more crashes every 4 minutes on Siege mode, honestly wtf I've fully completed around 10ish siege games since launch a few months ago.
-Rebalance of the 2h weapons
Siege has improved, crashes are less frequent. At least on the custom server

Siege has improved, crashes are less frequent. At least on the custom server
Not really, I've had 4 crashes this morning/afternoon, 3 in a row and 1 random. It has most certainly not improved.
edit: out of the 6 games today, just checked it. So yeah, it's super stable :smile:

If you ask youtubers such as Pixelated Apollo, Jackie Fish and Italian Spartacus to cover big battle events it will definitely bring more pop. Prolly 500+ players

Imo in order to make MP attractive TW should just replicate Warband's setup. Warband's Native MP on it's own was pretty lackluster. Sure Battle mode was great, but it was trumped by amazing experience big mp mods provided. The thing is, with how diverse these mods were it's impossible for TW to cover them all by themselves. I hope that rather than expanding MP with new maps and modes they'll focus on a single game mode and make the rest pretty bare bones but easily moddable so we can have big mods from Warband ported to Bannerlord.
I'd love to play Merceneries or Persistent World equivalent even on current version of Bannerlord.

Lure new players
-sp is seperated from mp. They will never try mp unless you give motivation. Steam archievements and maybe unlock sp items by playing mp
-make mp free to play
-events

A big event is only helpfull if the players like the game and stay at the game.

Remove tilting elements

-block delay ->done
-unfair teams
-server crashes

Long term motivation
-unlockable skins (whacky with levels, ingame currency?)
-expensive custom banners (ingame currency?)
-ranked mode with leaderboad
-sweaty badges
-meaningfull tournaments (prize money?)
-view others profiles and display clips, matches, replays, screenshots on your own

Events before this state of the game will only ruin its reputation (like EA did).

+1 above. Advertising also bad idea atm, at least it shouldn't be much.

Custom server & low ping #1*
New/Custom game modes #2*
After #1 & #2, advertising at any channels #3*

*(oyun erken erişimden çıkana kadar, rahat rahat, resmi çokoyunculu sunucuları geliştirmeye imkan tanıyacak ve de bolca oyuncu çekmeye yarayacak en önemli üç öneri)

Last edited:
Major advertising should wait until 2.0 release / end of early access.

As others have noted, before then:
1) Battle should be added and fine tuned
2) Combat / faction balancing should be finalized
3) Custom servers should be released
4) Modding tools should be released (presumably get these this week)
5) All single player perks should be implemented
6) Single player steamrolling needs to be removed
7) More kingdom management / family lineage options should be implemented

5) All single player perks should be implemented
6) Single player steamrolling needs to be removed
7) More kingdom management / family lineage options should be implemented
Well, they basically need to add a midgame and endgame to SP. Currently it's just making tourneys until you have enough prestige and then you make some battles and hope you randomly get a fief. Then you build your fief in 2 days, mary someone randomly by spamming the text with highest percentage and that's pretty much over. Creating kingdom is broken, and by the time you can create one, well one kingdom already has 90% of the map, dynasties don't work, pregnancy is bugged.

Give us arena with jelling crowd!
1.5 is a huge step forward, waiting to Transfer to the live Servers and people will BE come Back
(Played warband Deathmatch arena same map for years)

1) Battle is not possible with class system, at least not in a fun way.
2) Combat ye but faction balance should be subject to change i like a changing meta over a stale one :smile:
3) Definitly a must have to gain any traction.
4) Looking forward to making maps without having a server to host them hahaha

Explicitly advertising multiplayer might help draw in players who normally only play singleplayer. The EA release trailer contains some MP siege segments but it is not actually identified as MP anywhere, so I think many people just assume it's SP. They probably shouldn't spend much resources showing off skirmish, clans or matchmaking features as those would probably actively turn away new players. I think what would entices new players is epic 200 player sieges, organized shieldwalls and cavalry charges.

Once you get people to try the game, you also need to get them to stay. We know that a progression system is in the works, but we don't really know how fleshed-out it will be. IMO, it would need on the same level as For Honor's progression system in order to be worthwhile and manipulate players to keep coming back regardless of how much fun they're having.

I think looking at the gamemodes we currently have and that we know are likely to come in the future, only siege directly caters to casual players. I think an invasion gamemode (players vs lots of AI) would be another gamemode that could introduce casual players to MP and get them to keep launching it. On the topic of BRs, it seems like any BR that's locked behind money is likely to fail in a few months. Bannerlord has a large amount of players, so it might be viable, but when you consider the scope of this game it seems likely that it would just end up as a dead gamemode shortly after release. I guess an alternative would be to release a standalone BR mode for free, and hope that that convinces some people that would not have otherwise bought the game at all to try the regular MP.

Another interesting idea is to introduce a metagame to MP. Something similar to For Honor's faction war, where players can choose to join one of the factions, earn resources from playing matches which they use to attack and defend territories on a map of Calradia, maybe have events based on movements of the map and ultimately reward players with cosmetics, badges, etc. when their faction wins.
a working reporting system and a auto banning system for certain slurs would fix multiplayer in a matter of days.

1) Battle is not possible with class system, at least not in a fun way.
Battle is possible, even with a class system. However, you would be forced to rebalance all classes such that they were "equal".

Is this a pain in the ass? Yes.
Is this 100% Taleworld's fault for embracing / forcing a terrible class system and balancing the entire game around it? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom