Solutions to Low Player Count in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess ripping them apart isn't a good idea. It might have been interesting when EA started though. Multiplayer as a preview. Now it doesn't make sense anymore.

Why they seperated both in the launcher though is beyond me though.
It's for mods. When mods will be out it will be way easier to have two different launchers

I know Warband Sherpa's are going to call me a loser but I want to bring up a point of my own.

I was in the Napoleonic Wars Community for the last 7 or 8 years and a concept I believe in whole-heartidly is clan and regimental events. The success of the Napoleonic Wars DLC couldn't have reached its impact if it hadn't been for the regiments. We need to encourage Clans and Regiments to pop up and play. Decent Side effects of this would be a larger community useful for gameplay feedback as well as population to encourage new players to try the game out, especially if youtubers or streamers join the mix.

And I know what some people will say, Morty, we already have gamemodes which promote the idea of clan battles and the sort! But do we? Skirmish is a 6v6 gamemode that completely kills reasoning for having a clan with more than 6 player, 10 if you want to be generous. On top of this we do not have private servers available to host such events nor the proper gamemodes. Even Siege is unfit for clan battles in its current state mostly due to the fact that there is no friendly fire making the entire gamemode a mace and hammer fest.

If we want this community to thrive make this game more accessable to clans, create private servers, add new gamemodes, and for god sakes DO NOT ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS. that will kill the game. Start with what ive put out there and move on from there!

A lot of good ideas in this thread. I remember reading somewhere that voice chat (by physical proximity?) could be something down the road. I am pretty sure they will do an outreach/pr campaign in the future to get some attention. I think it would be more efficient & effective if they fully flesh out the MP & both SP experience first.

I know Warband Sherpa's are going to call me a loser but I want to bring up a point of my own.

I was in the Napoleonic Wars Community for the last 7 or 8 years and a concept I believe in whole-heartidly is clan and regimental events. The success of the Napoleonic Wars DLC couldn't have reached its impact if it hadn't been for the regiments. We need to encourage Clans and Regiments to pop up and play. Decent Side effects of this would be a larger community useful for gameplay feedback as well as population to encourage new players to try the game out, especially if youtubers or streamers join the mix.

And I know what some people will say, Morty, we already have gamemodes which promote the idea of clan battles and the sort! But do we? Skirmish is a 6v6 gamemode that completely kills reasoning for having a clan with more than 6 player, 10 if you want to be generous. On top of this we do not have private servers available to host such events nor the proper gamemodes. Even Siege is unfit for clan battles in its current state mostly due to the fact that there is no friendly fire making the entire gamemode a mace and hammer fest.

If we want this community to thrive make this game more accessable to clans, create private servers, add new gamemodes, and for god sakes DO NOT ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS. that will kill the game. Start with what ive put out there and move on from there!
Well it's too bad they designed the whole multiplayer in a way you can't play in clan. Class System -> no Battle -> no worthwhile organized events
edit: by clan mean large groups not the relatively small Skirmish Teams

Well it's too bad they designed the whole multiplayer in a way you can't play in clan. Class System -> no Battle -> no worthwhile organized events
edit: by clan mean large groups not the relatively small Skirmish Teams
I think there is a way that the class system could be utilized in a Battle mode, however I think its definetly unsatisfactory compared to an item system

I think we need better maps (like a field map) and better camera work. I try watching Warband and Bannerlord videos, but unless I'm involved they get annoying with their jankiness.

To make the game impressive and capture what it's all about we would need collaboration of recorders. A few player perspectives and a couple 'spectators', which could be edited together because 1 spectator usually gets to the action too late.

If we had two clans, or combinations of clans fighting each other with a centralized command on chat, it would lead to a mind altering video. It would combine the thrill of combat with the bigger drama of strategy.

I know the individual won't actually experience that in a battle. But there is a thrill in knowing you are being part of something bigger.

I should mention that I have a lot of experience in Strategus battles (cRpg mod in Warband). As a noob I felt useless, but I was felt welcome since the commanders told me even useless guys had a purpose provided they listen.

So as a merc or a commander, I got a great thrill whether winning or losing (unless we got ganked). Winning always rocks (unless you ganked them.. but hey, you still won), but losing could be a thrill too. Desperate last stands are very exciting when your IRL is not on the line.

So, I say a good, edited video with appeal to both uber gamers who could clutch a game and the total noobs who can just hold the line would win lots of people over (if it was on the right channel).

Of course TaleWorlds needs to add a VOIP. One chat for a commander and squad leaders, another for the squad leaders and their men, plus a localized chat so the guys scrapping can warn each other of threats and basically work together.

With a simple mute function we can deal with trolls. Oh, and make it so commanders can boot players. In Strat the problem was we used TS then later Discord. Too many guys used it to socialize with their buddies so getting your voice heard was a *****. And, well, trolls always show up, and often your team is better one man short than having an idiot messing things up.

I know the videos that I watched and the ones that got millions of views where either the Nw events, or the huge mod events like mount and Gladius events. The spectacle will attract the crowd

I suppose a way to make organized battles (once they implement them) and sieges is to appoint a commander who only has a certain amount to spend. Then his followers would have to settle for the class they're given.

Or, preferably, get rid of the class system.

I suppose a way to make organized battles (once they implement them) and sieges is to appoint a commander who only has a certain amount to spend. Then his followers would have to settle for the class they're given.

Or, preferably, get rid of the class system.
Not ment to insult you but simply a question, but have you ever been a part of Organized battles? This is a way that many organized events have done things is simply to assign a class and to trust the reg leaders to select the class they were assigned. Plus proper admin tools would allow such things to be enforced

The game needs servers and content. I find it kind of silly that fixing up combat settings has been the "big patch" so far. From what I gathered majority of these issues have been brought up since beta so you would have hoped they would be fixed before release.
On top of that, most people can't even play the game properly because of the server locations and matchmaking system, and TW still gives no estimate or even confirmation that these servers will come.

I still haven't touched Captain Mode or Skirmish mode, or had the chance to try most of the maps as the only playable server (for me) is the OCE custom servers which always play the same maps. To add a bit of salt to the wound, they added in the clan private servers that seem to work via the matchmaking regions too. So another feature that a lot of people wont get to use for however long.

I love the game Talesworlds, it's the only reason I bother posting. But ****, at what point does it become unethical to keep us out of your game :razz:

EDIT: Also someone please tell me I'm wrong about the clan private servers, I haven't been able to test yet.

@Callum sorry to ping you (but hey, bots have no feelings), would you be so kind and look through the ideas in this thread?
Even though getting into a single skirmish match last night was fun (RS clan got me in a corner and proceeded to group kick the sh*t out of me) lack of player population spread over two versions of the game (live and beta) is concerning. Not to mention that I want proximity voice chat.

Not ment to insult you but simply a question, but have you ever been a part of Organized battles? This is a way that many organized events have done things is simply to assign a class and to trust the reg leaders to select the class they were assigned. Plus proper admin tools would allow such things to be enforced
I haven't been in organized battles like this. A good member would do what's right for the clan, even if it means you have to play rabble 20 times in a row.

In Strategus, the commander supplied the ticks and the gear from his character's own stash. So if he only bought 200 heavy armour in a 1000 vs 1000 battle, he was going to run out quick and we'd have to beg the mediocre players to use the medium or light armour so the 'heroes' could keep up their 5/1 KDs. Of course that rarely worked. We had the option to limit certain weapons or armour or horses to certain individuals, but that usually ended up on good gear being wasted.

But yeah, everybody wants the good gear/class.

TL;DR: Um, I guess I haven't played in an organized battle like you described.

I doubt anything will happen before release. Its not the greatest idea to advertise a half finished product. At release people will try multiplayer again, if then theres no ranked, customization (player and server wise), server stability and smooth combat in place they wont stick.

-New maps
-Custom game modes
-No more crashes every 4 minutes on Siege mode, honestly wtf I've fully completed around 10ish siege games since launch a few months ago.
-Rebalance of the 2h weapons

Back
Top Bottom