Soldiers stuck at ladder in Siege event

Users who are viewing this thread

vc110388

Recruit
In single player. I joined a campaign to siege Reyvadin.  With the latest version of the game 1.105
However, there is a problem that the AI stuck at the ladder and refuse to get into the castle. Even if no enemy at the wall.
I tried to command them to follow me, but it didn't work. I also tried to restart the game. It don't work either.
bug.jpg

Though sometime one or few soldiers finally get into the castle. The soldiers after them will stuck as the ladder again. With only few men get into the castle and large number of men outside the castle, I die again and again in action even there is more men on our side.

I can't successfully take down the castle with I joining the action. I finally send only my men into the action.

It is quite sad that I paid for this game and have this serious bug.
I hope this bug will be fixed on next version.

One point to note: I later attack a castle on my own without other count, and the problem don't exist. My men keep moving forward into the castle.

Speaking of Sieges. 

Version 1.105, playing a Mercenary for Vaegirs.  My faction at war with Khergit, and my faction is besieging Malayurg Castle.  When I joined in the Siege, there were only about 40 defenders left.  I immediately ran to help push the Siege Tower and noticed several defenders falling off the ramparts.  The defenders kept trickling off the walls and running up to attack me and the Infantry sent to walk along side the Siege Tower.  Once the Tower got to the wall, the balance of my allies army ran up the ramp while the remaining defenders came out onto the platform of the tower.  The battle was won and we never even made it onto the walls.

Having a Siege Tower is a different stories. One AI could not stuck all the AI getting into the castle because it is much wider.

This bug also happen when I am at the defender side.
bug2.jpg

Although I will won at last because of this bug. I have to wait for a long long time :sad: when I have to fight with a thousand of Nords.....

I decided not to play single player if this bug is not fixed :evil:

hehehe

I have some SS of this bug too:

mb4.jpg

And ANOTHER SIEGE bug on Yalen:

mb2.jpg

I couldn't kill these guys, they was on a place that I can't reach on Yalen siege.

Yeah, it does seem that NPC 'pathing' has gotten worse now.  FE - Snow fields with those huge Boulders?  It's common now for Infantry to also get stuck behind them along with Cavalry (while in WB, Infantry seemed to navigate much better).

I have this same issue I noticed they do it when soldiers are on the ground on the other side of the wall

I too, have experienced all the above mentioned bugs. Also, If you actually do mange to take a castle or a city you receive no loot, you get no renown, you have no chance of capturing a Lord if they are present and the moral is not working correctly either. I cant figure out what the difference is between the Original M&B and WB that would cause these horrible pathing issues. Even if you use the Siege Pack Mod you just end up with more stuck troops in more places. They even get stuck on the edges of the siege tower as well. My troops act like drunk retards. Pathetic.

Speaking of capturing Castles, anyone else seeing newly captured Castles (captured by the the AI), starting out with almost a full Garrison?  I've seen two castles start out with 122 soldiers in the Garrison immediately after it changes hands, one with 76 and a 4th with 45.

Two of these instances were Castles captured by the Faction I am a Merc for, and a couple days or so later, I get the notice from the King on whom he's granted the Castle to.  This does make it better for when I finally do join up as a Vassal, and the King might give me a fully garrisoned Castle if I get chosen in the lottery, tho I have no clue if I capture a Castle as a vassal, then wait the 2-3 days till he replies, will it start out garrisoned?

GJScarritt said:
Speaking of capturing Castles, anyone else seeing newly captured Castles (captured by the the AI), starting out with almost a full Garrison?  I've seen two castles start out with 122 soldiers in the Garrison immediately after it changes hands, one with 76 and a 4th with 45.

That's a reason I will attack castles with other AI.  I can take the garrison when they castle is not decided to own by someone

I am unable to take a castle or town when a siege tower is used. The troops go to either side of the ramp of the siege tower and stay there. Like there's an invisible force pushing them to either side. A few troops make it up but are easily cut down because the attack in a small trickle. Like this invisible force is also a dam with a small hole for a chance of pathing to let them make it to the wall. The game has become too frustrating. Please fix this. Its the kind of thing that makes you not buy anymore games from a developer. :sad: And I really like supporting independant developers/publishers and I really enjoyed the first version of Mount&Blade.

TheBossInTheWall said:
I am unable to take a castle or town when a siege tower is used. The troops go to either side of the ramp of the siege tower and stay there. Like there's an invisible force pushing them to either side. A few troops make it up but are easily cut down because the attack in a small trickle. Like this invisible force is also a dam with a small hole for a chance of pathing to let them make it to the wall. The game has become too frustrating. Please fix this. Its the kind of thing that makes you not buy anymore games from a developer. :sad: And I really like supporting independant developers/publishers and I really enjoyed the first version of Mount&Blade.

Totally agree with you

Been having the same problems with guys getting stuck on ladders, though it seems worse in certain sieges more than others. Knudarr castle was the worst for me. Archery was the only way we could get any kills in (and every so often sending infantry up to get themselves slaughtered very slowly one at a time so I could get more archer reinforcements with more ammo).

Only played one siege with a siege tower (Curin castle I think) and I did notice they weren't going up that particularly well either. And I've noticed guys getting stuck behind boulders in open battle...

Hope this gets fixed soon.

xilmin said:
Been having the same problems with guys getting stuck on ladders, though it seems worse in certain sieges more than others. Knudarr castle was the worst for me. Archery was the only way we could get any kills in (and every so often sending infantry up to get themselves slaughtered very slowly one at a time so I could get more archer reinforcements with more ammo).

Only played one siege with a siege tower (Curin castle I think) and I did notice they weren't going up that particularly well either. And I've noticed guys getting stuck behind boulders in open battle...

Hope this gets fixed soon.

I think this bug have a very high priority but I really don't know why even at 1.105 the bug is not fixed :cry:

Back
Top Bottom