Resolved Softlock during battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game softlocks if accept is pressed while a column of units is selected for placement during the pre-battle placement phase.
How to Reproduce: Enter a battle, select a unit to place so that the flag is moving with your cursor. Select Ready before placing the flag. The player will be unable to attack, issue commands, or leave the battle using tab.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Ah, this bug has already been posted. Good to see. I will second that I can reliably reproduce this issue on my end as well:

Summary: After running the reproduction steps for the bug, the game will place you into the battle. Both sides will not move from their starting placements but will swing/shoot if you move too close to the enemy. Camera is fixed to the starting orientation and attack controls, orders, Tab-to-leave-battle, scoreboard, and other interactive battle commands are locked out. Basic movement control is enabled, but you cannot leave the scene - even if the battle is won through cheats or debug commands. Mouse control is entirely locked and the cursor is visible and moveable as if you were still in the pre-battle menu, but interacting with the mouse produces no noticeable effects. By all accounts, the game appears to be stuck in a state of softlock. Escape brings up the menu and players are required to Return to Main Menu to break the softlock.

How to Reproduce: Select any unit group to adjust their placement on the battlefield, or press any of the F-keys to adjust their formation/orders. While the units are still selected (and you can see the placement-preview flags on the ground) click the Ready button.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 2060 12GB
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 16 GB - DDR4-3200 - Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk ATX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Many, but Bannerlord is on: 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVME SSD

Edit: And since my game-state case differs from OP, I'll mention that as well:
I was currently using the Increase Party Size internal Bannerlord cheat and am running a modded game on my own setup, though OP has already reported that this issue appears to happen in vanilla as well.

Hello, to add to the thread I experienced that exact issue as described above with my game in v1.0.2(.836:cool:.

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVVidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti
GPU Driver Version:30.0.14.7212
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X
RAM: 2*16 GB - DDR4-3200 - Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

And as it felt weird to specify specs without specifying the mods, I'm in Vanilla as my previous fellow posters (and as of when I write this message, my game version is plugged on latest stable release).

Best,

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom