SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

KnightOfVaegir said:
Add this volley fire code pleases !!!!!!!!!!!! It awesomely great........... and could goes well with new crossbow set
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161079.msg3882796.html#msg3882796
Something like this would be truly awesome. Add in battle tactics and the battles will take on a life of there own.

Death Bone said:
pleas for me is this antarian trained javelinman too muther****ing strong im hate them soo much :grin: can you change them to not strong? sry for english
PS: this is the best moddddd !  :twisted:

I noticed that the adenian medium cav havent any second weapon, maybe you can add a sword or something.
Everyone knows that cav with lances suck on foot

i wish i could take for me those bandit camps after i defeated the bandits.

and i have one idea that i suggested in the early stages of the old M&B (.6 i guess).

put some castles in ruins in the map, this way people could start an empire without starting a war with another faction, all you would have to do is fix the castle (maybe ghost towns), or dont fix it, just use as a hideout. perhaps to mass troops there for a massive attack later on

xchrisx(GER) said:
I noticed that the adenian medium cav havent any second weapon, maybe you can add a sword or something.
Everyone knows that cav with lances suck on foot
I'll do so.

Luizinho said:

and i have one idea that i suggested in the early stages of the old M&B (.6 i guess).

put some castles in ruins in the map, this way people could start an empire without starting a war with another faction, all you would have to do is fix the castle (maybe ghost towns), or dont fix it, just use as a hideout. perhaps to mass troops there for a massive attack later on
This is a good Idea Luizinho. Maybe I can work something like this into the story phase of the game.

Luizinho said:

Computica, if you are looking for something like this, then in mount and blade there were a script called outpost. Basically the player could create an outpost (semi castle) for a certain amount of money.. Here's the link to the thread: (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,80871.0/topicseen.html) It's made by lumos...

I also find this idea very interesting to be able to start an empire without the hassle of making an entire faction declare war on at first

Bail said:
Computica, if you are looking for something like this, then in mount and blade there were a script called outpost. Basically the player could create an outpost (semi castle) for a certain amount of money.. Here's the link to the thread: (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,80871.0/topicseen.html) It's made by lumos...

I also find this idea very interesting to be able to start an empire without the hassle of making an entire faction declare war on at first
You'll see that when we start making the inner workings of the story phase, you'll see what type of ideas we plan to bring to the table.

At the moment I'm making sure I understand Warband's economic system and how it effects health so I can improve on population simulation.

1-Could you implement something along the lines of a courier system based around upgrading messenger posts? A ruler without any messenger post has to show up at fief in person to collect rent, commission buildings, inform subjects of new edicts passed and only hear of raids and sieges many days after they start or even end, scaled by distance from the player to really impress upon the player the difficulty of managing a larger kingdom as he or she conquers more. A ruler with a more developed courier system in place could do all that from afar and hear of news far more quickly than otherwise. There could even be a tech tree of sorts where the player upgrades his or her messenger posts from relay runners to courier pigeons to pony express to black powder rocket monkeys or something.

2-Would having different currencies between kingdoms and having to monitor exchange be a good and usable idea if it were linked to something else?

In any case, just expanding what's involved in developing fiefs from wretched & poor to wealthy & happy and all that could be something fun and worthwhile as it could really add to the sense of developing and leading a country. Well, those are the only ideas I can think of and I hope they're helpful suggestions.

Those are good ideas but way too time consuming. Adding different currency's in-game sounds very pointless. The simulated courier system is certainly not needed. Thanks for taking the time to post your ideas though.

Hi, first of all I love your mod, I am at my seven hundreds of days, I never spent so much time  in a M&B game ever (and I get a loot of ctd :grin:). So I'd thought I'd try to suggest a thing or two or three, or... ten.

1.The map is big. Reaaly big.
Could you maybe make the alliance, truce and all last a little longer? 30 day instead of 20, cause since the distances are so long, and so much time is spent on travel, it's hard to get to your advisor to renew your alliance and all, basicly you start your campain to help an ally, when you arrive you are in a trade aggreement, when you finally come back to your capital, you are at peace and the ex-ally don't want to hear of alliance anymore because at the moment, he is at peace with his ennemies...
Or even better add the possibility to make a "longer alliance", 40 days instead of 20, if it is a renewal or if there wasn't any war since the last alliance/trade aggreement/ truce whatever. Should be useful for the computer factions too.

2.The map is big and there are many towns...
And during a peace aggreement you can dictate to an enemy at the other side of the map where you have never been to give you a castle, and he gives it to you, even if there is no reason too! Maybe you could add a check to see if any of your town are within a certain distance to his, so that the computer faction knows if you are a threat or not. If not and you are trying to dictate him something, you get the message"you are no threat to me bla bla, i was merely extending this peace offering at a courtesy, but now you offended me, I will remember that bla bla..."

3.there are many towns, i have many and I don't know where they are...
Could you add the possibility when you  give a fief to a lord, to give him a castle and it's dependancies, a town and all its attenant villages, if they aren't attributed already? Lords are fairly rare, and if half of the map belong to you, and you give them fief at two side of the map, they just keep travelling back and forth at every ennemy sight.

4. The moral
Make giving money to your troup to boost the moral less potent each time you do it, at least for a certain laps of  times, and instead add the possibility to make camp and trow a fest to your men, with beer, wine and food. Shouldn't last more than 6 hours, maybe linked to inventory management. Depending on the religion, making a sacrifice of a prisonner could be nice too, the bigger moral boost coming from sacrifying an enemy nobe, or even better a Lord.

5. The banks.
Is that just me or are the banks working a Ponzy scheme? Seems I always loose my money to a negativ interest or such, unless i add some every week, but maybe I imagine things. Anyway, I would suggest to make it more like the banks of the middle ages used to be, that is, a way to stock safely your money when you travel. Have five or six different banking companies lousely based on the kingdoms, but independant of it, and already present in the cities, accessible through game menus. Each cities get one bank, but some of the frontier towns could get two or three. Then in your town you could pay for the banking companies to open an outlet in your city, each of the outlet more expensive thant the other and providing a small bonus to prosperity.
Now what would be the use of having money in a bank instead of on yourself? Right now, none, so it would be necessary either to add weight to money (don't know if possible), or to add a "random event" through a game trigger, so that, if you have more than 10000 denar, and depending on the size of your army/leadership/charisma, and depending on the presence of bandit/thugs/looter/mercenaries/ soldier of the ennemy faction, there is a chance that some of yours soldiers desert with 30, 50% of your money, or just that 10% of the money got stolen and you don't know by whom... (even better, marnid/katrin isn't happy with the way you do thing and go without saying goodbye, with the money of the regiment! Now try to imagine what you do to him next time you find him...)
The same sort of random event can be used to make plague in your troops, like in F&S. Don't know how they did the healing in tavern though.
But that is maybe a little too complicated and constraining so feel free to forget this one.

6. Give dialogue to your special troops!
No really, I want to know more about my zealous and Chosen One! Some background story for your "from faraway land" lords could be fun too. But I guess this is probably in the futur feature list. :grin: One thing that maybe isn't would be that some of these lords try to rebel from your Kingdom and start their own, with their own culture (don't know if you have any more available), even if they like you. Cause they like being independant even more. :grin: (oh and gives them ladies too. Or make them requesting you money to bring their women/husband from faraway land).

7. The prisoner recruitment dialogue.
Too easy to get the troops if you ask me. I would suggest to make it really more complicated (with mercenaries asking money, troops costing renown point, lords costing honor point) or removing it, as it is redundent with the "recruit from your prisoner" camp option, where at least there is a chance they flee.

8.Firearms.
Nothing against them in the game, but it is really too easy to become a master at it really quick! Could you maybe reduce the firearms bonus you get for difficult kills?
And, since there are roman, make them uchronic and make a tier with guns! (what do you mean, no way in hell!  :grin:)

9. Duelling.
Too easy to improve the relation. Make a serie of 5 fights in a row without save option. The lord remembers the winner of the row. The more row he loses, the higher the chance that the player get a relation malus at each fight. If the player lose too many rows, he get an honor and reknown malus.

10. I am not there yet, but in a future time, with the help of Swadia, the Vilanese, Antaria and the roman, we will have crushed the remaining factions. And I would have to turn against them, which makes me sad... Could you maybe add a diplomatic victory, like if i have more than 50% of the map, good relation with the faction and their leader, I have built a palace, baught a crown and that i proclame myself emperor, there is a random check so that they recognise my autority?

Alright, that's it. Sorry for the wall of text, at first I just wanted to write a thing or two, i assure you! Apologies if most of it are already suggested or mentionned in the future feature list/original SOD, or if it is too confused. Now i need to submit the vaegir, thanks for this wonderful mod!

Ariel said:
Hi, first of all I love your mod, I am at my seven hundreds of days, I never spent so much time  in a M&B game ever (and I get a loot of ctd :grin:). So I'd thought I'd try to suggest a thing or two or three, or... ten.
700???  :shock: That's like 3 years in game days...

Ariel said:
1.The map is big. Reaaly big.
Could you maybe make the alliance, truce and all last a little longer? 30 day instead of 20, cause since the distances are so long, and so much time is spent on travel, it's hard to get to your advisor to renew your alliance and all, basicly you start your campain to help an ally, when you arrive you are in a trade aggreement, when you finally come back to your capital, you are at peace and the ex-ally don't want to hear of alliance anymore because at the moment, he is at peace with his ennemies...
Or even better add the possibility to make a "longer alliance", 40 days instead of 20, if it is a renewal or if there wasn't any war since the last alliance/trade aggreement/ truce whatever. Should be useful for the computer factions too.
Yes, I've been looking into this. The chances of me doing so are very high at this moment.

Ariel said:
2.The map is big and there are many towns...
And during a peace aggreement you can dictate to an enemy at the other side of the map where you have never been to give you a castle, and he gives it to you, even if there is no reason too! Maybe you could add a check to see if any of your town are within a certain distance to his, so that the computer faction knows if you are a threat or not. If not and you are trying to dictate him something, you get the message"you are no threat to me bla bla, i was merely extending this peace offering at a courtesy, but now you offended me, I will remember that bla bla..."
Hmm, I'm not too sure about the giving fiefs freely thing.

Ariel said:
3.there are many towns, i have many and I don't know where they are...
Could you add the possibility when you  give a fief to a lord, to give him a castle and it's dependancies, a town and all its attenant villages, if they aren't attributed already? Lords are fairly rare, and if half of the map belong to you, and you give them fief at two side of the map, they just keep travelling back and forth at every ennemy sight.
Yes, I'll be doing so just like SOD Gold did.

Ariel said:
4. The moral
Make giving money to your troup to boost the moral less potent each time you do it, at least for a certain laps of  times, and instead add the possibility to make camp and trow a fest to your men, with beer, wine and food. Shouldn't last more than 6 hours, maybe linked to inventory management. Depending on the religion, making a sacrifice of a prisonner could be nice too, the bigger moral boost coming from sacrifying an enemy nobe, or even better a Lord.
I've actually done something like this for 4.0 already for morale. Sacrificing people??? Let me assure you, regardless of Religion each Faction is very civilized.  :razz:

Ariel said:
5. The banks.
Is that just me or are the banks working a Ponzy scheme? Seems I always loose my money to a negativ interest or such, unless i add some every week, but maybe I imagine things. Anyway, I would suggest to make it more like the banks of the middle ages used to be, that is, a way to stock safely your money when you travel. Have five or six different banking companies lousely based on the kingdoms, but independant of it, and already present in the cities, accessible through game menus. Each cities get one bank, but some of the frontier towns could get two or three. Then in your town you could pay for the banking companies to open an outlet in your city, each of the outlet more expensive thant the other and providing a small bonus to prosperity.
Now what would be the use of having money in a bank instead of on yourself? Right now, none, so it would be necessary either to add weight to money (don't know if possible), or to add a "random event" through a game trigger, so that, if you have more than 10000 denar, and depending on the size of your army/leadership/charisma, and depending on the presence of bandit/thugs/looter/mercenaries/ soldier of the ennemy faction, there is a chance that some of yours soldiers desert with 30, 50% of your money, or just that 10% of the money got stolen and you don't know by whom... (even better, marnid/katrin isn't happy with the way you do thing and go without saying goodbye, with the money of the regiment! Now try to imagine what you do to him next time you find him...)
The same sort of random event can be used to make plague in your troops, like in F&S. Don't know how they did the healing in tavern though.
But that is maybe a little too complicated and constraining so feel free to forget this one.
I'm gonna balance out the banks a bit more for 4.0. All this balancing really delays the mod release time though. Can't get things quite just right yet.

Ariel said:
6. Give dialogue to your special troops!
No really, I want to know more about my zealous and Chosen One! Some background story for your "from faraway land" lords could be fun too. But I guess this is probably in the futur feature list. :grin: One thing that maybe isn't would be that some of these lords try to rebel from your Kingdom and start their own, with their own culture (don't know if you have any more available), even if they like you. Cause they like being independant even more. :grin: (oh and gives them ladies too. Or make them requesting you money to bring their women/husband from faraway land).
Yes we will do so. Most likely during the story phase of the game.

Ariel said:
7. The prisoner recruitment dialogue.
Too easy to get the troops if you ask me. I would suggest to make it really more complicated (with mercenaries asking money, troops costing renown point, lords costing honor point) or removing it, as it is redundent with the "recruit from your prisoner" camp option, where at least there is a chance they flee.
I've already changed how prisoners are handled for 4.0. I'm not too sure if people will like it. But the new system does make more sense. (Not planning on revealing to much here)  :razz:

Ariel said:
8.Firearms.
Nothing against them in the game, but it is really too easy to become a master at it really quick! Could you maybe reduce the firearms bonus you get for difficult kills?
And, since there are roman, make them uchronic and make a tier with guns! (what do you mean, no way in hell!  :grin:)
I wish I could change the bonuses on firearms. 6+ for a stat increase is too much for a shot difficulty of 4.7.

Gun and weapon tiers? Yes, there are plans for a side tier for each faction. I might make it so that they have to be upgraded in a special way.

Ariel said:
9. Duelling.
Too easy to improve the relation. Make a serie of 5 fights in a row without save option. The lord remembers the winner of the row. The more row he loses, the higher the chance that the player get a relation malus at each fight. If the player lose too many rows, he get an honor and reknown malus.
Check the mods history page, I've limited the number of duels you can do against Lords and Kings.

Ariel said:
10. I am not there yet, but in a future time, with the help of Swadia, the Vilanese, Antaria and the roman, we will have crushed the remaining factions. And I would have to turn against them, which makes me sad... Could you maybe add a diplomatic victory, like if i have more than 50% of the map, good relation with the faction and their leader, I have built a palace, baught a crown and that i proclame myself emperor, there is a random check so that they recognise my autority?
I'm not to sure yet. That will have to wait until the story phase.

Ariel said:
Alright, that's it. Sorry for the wall of text, at first I just wanted to write a thing or two, i assure you! Apologies if most of it are already suggested or mentionned in the future feature list/original SOD, or if it is too confused. Now i need to submit the vaegir, thanks for this wonderful mod!
Aye, It's fine. I hope to release the next update sometime this month. Though with the stuff I have to complete and the additions/improvements I could make, I don't know when It'll be ready.

well this isnt a serious suggestion, more of just an observation i guess. why is it that mount & blade doesnt have sickness? illness has played a major part in military history up until modern day wars. i'm just surprised that no mod, or even the native, has had anything like the plague. i wouldn't think it would be too hard to implement, just a factor that leads to troop loss or village population loss that can be offset by one of the medical skills already in the game i.e. surgery or a new building unit like a medical center.

anyway, thats not a serious suggestion because it doesnt necessarily make the game or mod more enjoyable or anything. my serious suggestion is more companions. i know its been mentioned already and is on your list, i just wanted to reiterate it. there are so many great armors and weapons in this mod. the player cant wear them all at once, so we need many companions to endow with these various implements of war.

I was wondering if u could balance the diplomacy options in Warlords coz it seems like the old factions tend to agree to diplomacy options like trade agreements etc more often. While the new factions wouldn't give a damn.......So its quite annoying considering no trade equals harder prosperity...Oh and i was wondering if u could add random events or religious spurred events like prosecutions of a religion or something. Like if i conquered a town that had more people of another religion i could have them killed or kick them out of my town/s and they would like flock to another town and that town would get a sudden influx of people which would boost economy and at the same time your town goes down with population but your people are all the same religion. For that to work you would probably have to assign religions to the factions and also you might have to include like religious faith disputes within the city and it climaxes to what i mentioned earlier. And it wouldnt like rebel or something coz i read somewhere that you were going to implement rebel held towns...or something of the sorts...This might be a bit too much for now.

Back
Top Bottom