SOD Warlords - Screenshot Section!

Users who are viewing this thread

ZEuRWju.jpg

So... Close....

The defense of applefield.. err.. I think...

70 elite Antarian Infantry and about 50 lower versions of them fought and died bravely against 800 hundred Vaegirs. I had Battlesizer at 500 and this was the result. Depressing.

Yea, my armies are only antarians at this point. Archers do not help much when you are being swarmed by 300 men in an open field. Also, since their weapons are so big, they are poor at sieges. I am currently integrating some Nords into my army for just this purpose.

A highway to the ~ownzone~

mb_warband2013-03-2218-26-31-08.png

-----------------------------------------

The enemy tries to do it, as well but they're bad at it.  :shock:

mb_warband2013-03-2700-52-54-69.png

FLQiYjN.jpg

The Asonian Caliphate is a relatively new kingdom that has started making a name for itself, started when the exalted Sultan Xanadu, the last remaining member of the Zhao family a once powerful merchant family in the Zerrikanian Sultanate who lost everything in a war with Marina, began to spread the following of Natural Philosophy. Xanadu was often criticized and publicly attacked for his beliefs by the other merchant houses of the Zerrikanian due to his lack of faith towards the Church of the Void.

Though his preaching was not ignored for many of the western settlements of the Zerrikanian Sultanate who followed Natural Philosophy began to rise up in his favor. Instead of taking on the Zerrikanian Sultanate and the large support for the Void Xanadu went west, towards the deserts, hoping to find a place to call his own and to build a safe haven for Zerrikanians who felt the same. He arrived in the Asonian desert where tales of the oppressive legion presence were common among the villages of Jell, Jiba and Lyeb and even more so inside Asona were refugees from the recent Zerrikian-Marina war which devastated some of the western villages.

After earning the trust of the villages and the city Xanadu launched what was probably one of the riskiest battles of his life, the siege of Asona, a battle spanning weeks with many causalities but in the end the Legion forces were defeated what little legion presence remained was crushed and sold to the Zerrikians as a gift. Now with Asona, Sina Castle and the villages around them he began to build up a safe place for his followers...until Marina decided that they didn't like the thought of this new independent country on their doorsteps. After a long and brutal war the Asonian Sultanate managed to conquer most of what is now known as the Asonian desert and the Xanadu Mountain ranges. Now the Asonian Sultanate is becoming a beacon of scientific progress and free-thinking with universities and schools being set up in most cities and villages while still maintaining the Zerrikian culture.

The troops of the Asonian Sultanate still follow the Zerrikian army basics, there is nothing really different between the two powers in terms of military might.

Allies: Zerrikian Sultanate (through many diplomatic missions), Sarranid Sultanate for helping them during their war on the Villianese Duchy, Khergit Khanate for freeing several lords from the legion as well as taking back Esterford, Kingdom of Vaegirs due to the connection with the Zerrikian Sultanate.

Enemies: Imperial Legion, Villianese Duchy, Kingdom of Rhodoks due to Xanadu assisting the Sarranid, Republic of Marina

Everyone else is of course neutral.

first siege, merridale
DcPOc.jpg
this means war
Ta_qk.jpg
taking my first town ravensfield
rBUuX.jpg
fighting some villanese
jlitN.jpg
duel infantry vs cav
3KW2k.jpg
]