SOD Warlords - Ponavosa World Map Sample!|Current Map Version 3.7

Do you like the New map for the SOD port to Warband?

• Yes, I like the New Map!

Votes: 98 56.6%
  • Yes, but the Map is either too big or too small; and is shaped like a grilled chicken patty!

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • No, I like Warbands Version of Calradia better.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • No, I like SODs V4.6+ Version of Calradia better.

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • No, I want the map to look like the Mainland in the Royal Artifacts Screen.

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Computica said:
Winterz said:
Is this map the continent of old SOD story? The other kingdoms(incluidng Claradia territory) dominated by the Legion?!

Warlords takes place 2 generations after the Invasion. It's year is 1301. Expect a new faction After the test build is released. Details on the story will come later. For now I need names. The Random Name generators won't cut the cake.  :wink:

After the invasion?! They successfully invaded Calradia?!  :neutral:

Winterz said:
Computica said:
Winterz said:
Is this map the continent of old SOD story? The other kingdoms(incluidng Claradia territory) dominated by the Legion?!

Warlords takes place 2 generations after the Invasion. It's year is 1301. Expect a new faction After the test build is released. Details on the story will come later. For now I need names. The Random Name generators won't cut the cake.  :wink:

Nope the invasion was repelled. Wait for the official story to be released and plus I'm not the Lore Master.  :razz:  I don't want to spoil everything... Names people!

Computica said:
Winterz said:
Computica said:
Winterz said:

Nope the invasion was repelled. Wait for the official story to be released and plus I'm not the Lore Master.  :razz:  I don't want to spoil everything... Names people!

Well it's okay, I won't tell anyone  :razz:
Anyways you tellin me it even made me more crazy for it...this mod is just so ... awesome....
Good luck with the new version! :wink:

Grimmend said:
Hey, first tim eposting, long time fan:
Name for villages: Ralivana, Slothelm, Grimm Haven  :mrgreen:
but in all seriousness
Castel: Valarian Keep, Relgren, Matrilm.

Good that's what I want to see, I'm glad you decided to join in. Currently I'm cleaning the game world up for the test mod. I'm planning on releasing the test mod tomorrow. I'll need the whole communities help to search for bugs and improve the scenes.

zee said:
awesome  :grin:  I will be happy to test this mod out.  :lol:

I pulled an all nighter last night so I just woke up. I'm making some more adjustments to the code so I'll probably upload it to my file front in the next 3-4 hours.  If I don't I'll comeback and post.

Update:
I'm making sure each faction starts with equal kingdoms. It's gonna take a while...

Update2:
I just got finish fixing some errors I didn't see before.

Update3:
I've got 3 script errors that happen in game, 1 is a simple trigger, another is something to with the caravans in diplomacy, and the next one happens at the start. I'll see what i can do to fix them. But I want to make sure the game is where I want it first.

Update4:
Ok the game is looking good I fixed 2 of the errors I was getting. The SOD factions are assigned one banner but I had the same issue from before with the map icons. I think I fixed it this time.

Update5:
The mod is ready for testing/playing but I'm gonna take one last test run before I upload it for download.

Update6:
Ok, It looks like it's ready, there are still a few script errors which I'll fix later. At the moment I'll be uploading the whole mod to filefront. I'll be a few minutes.

hello Computica,

really great work with the map, its really the biggest map ive see in warband!

but i think this map is too big for playing...or for replaying, for my taste!
i*m personally friend of melee campaign maps like PoP, or 1st Mount & Blade Native...

i tested the *test compatant* and the campaign map is too laggy, i had for every 5 sec a little stutter and i think this was the *scriptfree* version of the map...hope you can handle this!

good luck! :cool:

xTAMERx said:
hello Computica,

i*m personally friend of melee campaign maps like PoP, or 1st Mount & Blade Native...

i tested the *test compatant* and the campaign map is too laggy, i had for every 5 sec a little stutter and i think this was the *scriptfree* version of the map...hope you can handle this!

When you say "scriptfree" what do you mean by that? Do you mean the beta map? Also it would be nice if you post the specs of your computer you played the game on. That could give me a good look on how well the map played. I'd also like to know were you speeding up the time (Spacebar/camping/Ctrl+Spacebar/Inn) when the map stuttered and what was your FPS while playing on the map. So far this is the first complaint I've had with the map. I'd also like to know if you have played Eurpoe 1200? I made there map with larger faces than mines. So far they have the biggest map when it comes to mesh size.

Computica said:
xTAMERx said:
hello Computica,

When you say "scriptfree" what do you mean by that? Do you mean the beta map? Also it would be nice if you post the specs of your computer you played the game on. That could give me a good look on how well the map played. I'd also like to know were you speeding up the time (Spacebar/camping/Ctrl+Spacebar/Inn) when the map stuttered and what was your FPS while playing on the map. So far this is the first complaint I've had with the map. I'd also like to know if you have played Eurpoe 1200? I made there map with larger faces than mines. So far they have the biggest map when it comes to mesh size.

Hello again,

i meaned with scriptfree as scripts that maybe you*ll add you to the main map, like random spawn or random actions or other stuff you*ll suprising us...or is this the final map?

my specs:
XP SP2
Core2 8400 @ 3GHZ
3,5GB (over 2GB activated)
Radeon HD 5770 1GB

the map stutter when you wander arround, and stutter more when you accelerate time..normal 60FPS, fall for 1/5sec to 8FPS and then run again normal...with accelerate continuous 6-8FPS...i think coz of happan much thing simultaneously on the map...

i played Europe 1200 and i dont like it  :cool:
big maps=big travels=big boring :grin:

xTAMERx said:
Computica said:
xTAMERx said:
hello Computica,

Hello again,

i meaned with scriptfree as scripts that maybe you*ll add you to the main map, like random spawn or random actions or other stuff you*ll suprising us...or is this the final map?
The map is forever changing and the Test Combatant will help prepare us to release a final port to SOD. So I'm still adding things but right now I'm trying to balance out the weapons then the troops while fixing any bugs I encounter.

xTAMERx said:
my specs:
XP SP2
Core2 8400 @ 3GHZ
3,5GB (over 2GB activated)
Radeon HD 5770 1GB

the map stutter when you wander arround, and stutter more when you accelerate time..normal 60FPS, fall for 1/5sec to 8FPS and then run again normal...with accelerate continuous 6-8FPS...i think coz of happan much thing simultaneously on the map...
With the specs you have you must play the game with everything pretty much maxed out. I have a max resolution of 1920x1080 but I normally play the game on 1280x720 and that's because I like to have big battles while keeping my FPS above 30 . What I'll do is make an optimized version of the map, but I'm pretty sure the game might lag not because of map size but the amount of things going on in game (Simple Triggers/Scripts/Etc.) Plus I did add a lot of trees which can contribut to the issue. The fact that you have 60 FPS is good, the game is acting as it should with a map that size and the amount of things in it.

If it really does pause for more than 3secs long that's not a good thing. Make sure you close all of your background applications when starting any game. That way you don't stress out your graphics card or your cpu. Now one other big issue about your current setup, I see your using Windows XP Service Pack 2, you need to upgrade to Windows XP Service Pack 3 which is very important. It could be the main reason why your computer isn't properly using all of the power it has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Service_Pack_3

xTAMERx said:
i played Europe 1200 and i dont like it  :cool:
big maps=big travels=big boring :grin:
Good to know you like this mod. I'm improving the "Big Travels" issue as we speak. I want map speeds to stay the same but the player will be rewarded more according to distance. Also the sight range will have more of an improvement. For version 3.6 of the map more areas have been modified so that there is less ground to cover on the map. I'll release and update soon, so stay tuned.

Although this map is insanely huge, it works without flaws on my old computer with a ressource-hungry Windows 7.
Now some criticism: I've always imagined Marina as a wealthy trading Republic close to the sea (seafaring was the best way of mass transportation) and with access to ressources. On this map however, Marina looks like a poor desert state. I don't think it's possible to change that somehow?
My suggestion: more coastal cities, mountains for mining, maybe one or two rivers and grassland.

This map is pretty damn cool. It isn't the largest map I have ever seen by any means, though. Southern Realms takes that prize (I would guess the SR map is something like five times the size of the default M&B map).

Also, why is Marina in the desert? Marina should be by the coast.

dreadlord said:
I will be very happy if you name one castle after my name.  :lol:

Castle name: Zhao

Sorry I'm no longer taking names on castles or towns unless I'm sent custom siege scenes for them. I named it as a village though...

ComradeCanuck said:
This map is pretty damn cool. It isn't the largest map I have ever seen by any means, though. Southern Realms takes that prize (I would guess the SR map is something like five times the size of the default M&B map).

Also, why is Marina in the desert? Marina should be by the coast.
This isn't the permanent setup for the factions. There will be another faction coming to the mod also...

diavel said:
Village name: Zyrzyn  :grin:
Added...

Bismarck said:
Although this map is insanely huge, it works without flaws on my old computer with a ressource-hungry Windows 7.
Now some criticism: I've always imagined Marina as a wealthy trading Republic close to the sea (seafaring was the best way of mass transportation) and with access to ressources. On this map however, Marina looks like a poor desert state. I don't think it's possible to change that somehow?
My suggestion: more coastal cities, mountains for mining, maybe one or two rivers and grassland.

Your actually right, that's why they at least have 2 towns on the coast.

Back
Top Bottom