So what, is WFAS chopped liver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just signing on for the first time in a while and I notice that WFAS is listed as DLC when it is not.
Why is this? if it's going to be recognized as DLC then why doesn't Taleworlds do the work to roll it under the Warband launcher for quality of life and to encourage people to play?

Just signing on for the first time in a while and I notice that WFAS is listed as DLC when it is not.
Why is this? if it's going to be recognized as DLC then why doesn't Taleworlds do the work to roll it under the Warband launcher for quality of life and to encourage people to play?

WFAS is a dlc. Its old and we play bannerlord now, not really worth changing that isn't it?

I mean there's not a big playerbase anyways but I feel that if TaleWorlds wants to handle it as a DLC, it should at least be AS accessible as other DLC which it isn't.

It's not a DLC, nor a mod. It's a standalone game, based on the game's (older version of the) engine. Uses many assets of M&B, a lot of code, but it's a different game.

I agree that, as a DLC, WFaS would be better accessible, but the reality is different. Creators of the game apparently had gotten the right to modify original M&B (premiered in 2005, but finally released in 2008 in full) with a variety of its assets and, as a result, WFaS was released in 2009 in Poland. Technically speaking, it is a standalone game from M&B franchise developed by external studios that own commercial rights to the title. In 2011 a new version was released for the entire world; it was ported to Warband standards by implementing the Module System (later made available to the public), changing resource formats from .dat to .brf and adding multi-player mode. In Poland the version from 2011 was labelled as an expansion ("Savage Fields") and everywhere else the game was named simply WFaS. Still, it was a standalone game, not an expansion, a DLC or a modification.

Back
Top Bottom