So Rhagaea can marry after all

Users who are viewing this thread

In my current campaign fighting for Southern Empire I married Ira knowing that you cannot marry Rhagaea. I thought for a moment I could marry my brother to her because in chat options I could offer his hand and she said "These things are not rushed into" but there is not options to progress you can only choose nevermind.

However a bit later in the campaign she had an army in Aserai territory and I have the Enhanced Tournaments mod active which will alert you for a celebratory tournament whenever high ranking nobles have children or get married. Sure enough I got an alert saying Rhagaea married an Aserai noble named Haqan from the Banu Qild house.

Although it was reassuring to see she remained part of her family and ruler to the Southern Empire instead of suddenly becoming part of an Aserai family. I wonder if that is a special exception for Rhagaea or would the same be true for any female faction ruler?

Anyways, I just have never seen her get married in any of my campaigns. Is this normal or quite rare?

Although it was reassuring to see she remained part of her family and ruler to the Southern Empire instead of suddenly becoming part of an Aserai family. I wonder if that is a special exception for Rhagaea or would the same be true for any female faction ruler?
clan leaders cant marry other clan leaders (incl. the player)

9a83e5f5-465f-4f02-9e9e-fee79f247bf9.jpg

In my current campaign fighting for Southern Empire I married Ira knowing that you cannot marry Rhagaea. I thought for a moment I could marry my brother to her because in chat options I could offer his hand and she said "These things are not rushed into" but there is not options to progress you can only choose nevermind.

However a bit later in the campaign she had an army in Aserai territory and I have the Enhanced Tournaments mod active which will alert you for a celebratory tournament whenever high ranking nobles have children or get married. Sure enough I got an alert saying Rhagaea married an Aserai noble named Haqan from the Banu Qild house.

Anyways, I just have never seen her get married in any of my campaigns. Is this normal or quite rare?
i´ve seen her getting married quite often. but who ever marries her, joins her clan. so it´s impossible as player right now. and should you be able to marry your brother to her (don´t know if it´s possible), you would just lose a clan member. like when you marry of your sister.

Well I guess my next question is, if Rhagaea dies does this random Aserai noble's son become Emperor?
It is a possibility. He'd have to become clan leader though and her clan has a bunch of older men ahead of the line, so they'd need to be dead or gone first.

i´ve seen her getting married quite often. but who ever marries her, joins her clan. so it´s impossible as player right now. and should you be able to marry your brother to her (don´t know if it´s possible), you would just lose a clan member. like when you marry of your sister.
I hope they change this in the sandbox btw. Being able to join another clan would be very fun role play-wise.

edit: heck, if they include more sexism it could give female player characters a more distinct style of gameplay, where instead of trying to found your own clan you could join them and make it grow from there (Whilst retaining the choice wether they want to or not ofc).

I've had a run of several playthroughs in a row where she married Rath when he was 19 and popped out a kid pretty quickly. She like's em young it seems.

Honestly I think it would be a quite hollow matter :smile:
True, if that's all there ends up going for it. In my mind, a "legitimacy/right to rule" system would be essential for this kind of feature.

On the other hand, it would be great for roleplaying.

True, if that's all there ends up going for it. In my mind, a "legitimacy/right to rule" system would be essential for this kind of feature.

On the other hand, it would be great for roleplaying.
Honestly - even without a RTR stat - there should be one person of either sex for each faction for the player to marry to get in line to usurp the current ruler.

If the player is a member of the SE and has kids with Ira and Rhagea dies, then the player clan should inherit as faction ruler... period.

If the entire point of the SE faction is that Ira's the sole legitimate heir to the Empire, then that should probably happen before she dies of old age.

Diplomacy mod's Usurp Throne feature fixes this, thankfully. Or at least does it well enough for this specific roleplay purpose.

She married to Monchug's son in one of my playthroughs. Pity I didn't play it long enough to see if he'd become the king when she dies. Would be funny if he did and immediately all SE merge with Khuzaits, though I suppose it's quite complicated for Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom