So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Being unable to influence your spouse. I went to -1 upon marrying her, and consequently have no ability to raise it whatsoever -- she refuses to even play board games. Ouch.

That's a very realistic feature, I'm impressed!

+1
+1
+1
+1
We definitely need a drastic increase in the number of ways to make positive changes in our relationships with other Lords etc....

Execution, You behead one lord and everyone hates you . What would be better in imho would be to have the family hate you and give them the right to execute that person for it. Our have a trial for an execution to allow it to happen, if you don't its murder of a prisoner and start family feud. Also how about the ability to hire assassins it could work like warbands intro were your attack in the street ,only thing is your if you lose your dead.

There is a mod called fighting together improves relationships. Pretty much a mandatory mod for me.

Of course it would be great to have it in vanilla because it is so logical that when you lead, fight and win many battles with someone, he will respect you a lot more ( and less if you sacrifice his men in a humiliating defeat )

What would be nice too is if we could gain relations by making gifts. I tried to gift some cows, maybe i should have gifted more but it does not seem to work right now to get better relations through gifts.

Rescue quest would be nice. Even the option in the dialog (where the lord is prisoner) could give you an option to negotiate his/her ransom. Or prisoner exchange.
The relation and diplomacy enhancement would be nice. The lords with good relation could vote for you.
Lets hope we will get there in time.

There Are Mods to fix all or the vast majority of these issues. Unfortunately we are reliant on the modding community as the game is incomplete, and not playable in its vanilla form.

There Are Mods to fix all or the vast majority of these issues. Unfortunately we are reliant on the modding community as the game is incomplete, and not playable in its vanilla form.
I got 256 hours played in the single player. It needs features adding but its not unplayable. I use one mod bannerpeasants.

I got 256 hours played in the single player. It needs features adding but its not unplayable. I use one mod bannerpeasants.
If you have your Kingdom that must make for some frustrating game play. I spent a whole weekend reloading saved games firstly because the dragon banner quest times out forcing me to backtrack and prepare for departing my kingdom. After that spending another day chewing my keyboard in frustration when lords with 60+ relations leave you completely randomly. These are critical parts of the game which frankly leave it broken until the devs address it. If there were not mods to deal with these issues in a balanced way I'd be playing something else.
That aside I certainly dont miss the mind numbing grind to training garrison troops vs looters and such before discovering improved garrisons.

If you have your Kingdom that must make for some frustrating game play. I spent a whole weekend reloading saved games firstly because the dragon banner quest times out forcing me to backtrack and prepare for departing my kingdom. After that spending another day chewing my keyboard in frustration when lords with 60+ relations leave you completely randomly. These are critical parts of the game which frankly leave it broken until the devs address it. If there were not mods to deal with these issues in a balanced way I'd be playing something else.
That aside I certainly dont miss the mind numbing grind to training garrison troops vs looters and such before discovering improved garrisons.
[/QUOTE
Kingdoms a hard to maintain for sure. I have failed to keep one together long term and beheading seems the only way forward for me. They will fix this in future updates. In 256 hours I have had 6 campaigns of different levels of success . The problem being features things to do. The fact the family don't really play a part as you can do everything in one life time . so I have been starting another game with each major update and still run into the same problem. I do think there is going to be more to do and more family intrigue to keep things going.

Yes there are mods like Fight Together (also mandatory for me) but the problem is you use too many of these mods and you have a totally un-calibrated game. Its like adding all sorts of new rules to Chess "Super Queeens!" and "Leaping Kings!" -yes it may work but does it upset the balance of the game? We pay for a fun hopefully somewhat tuned strategy game that makes sense - even if on only a basic level.

Yes there are mods like Fight Together (also mandatory for me) but the problem is you use too many of these mods and you have a totally un-calibrated game. Its like adding all sorts of new rules to Chess "Super Queeens!" and "Leaping Kings!" -yes it may work but does it upset the balance of the game? We pay for a fun hopefully somewhat tuned strategy game that makes sense - even if on only a basic level.
That's always the problem with mods diplomacy mods are pretty essential. Others remove or soften some of the grind. Only the player knows where they need to draw the line. If the vanilla game in its current form wasnt such a mess I'd probably only be using a couple of mods

Back
Top Bottom