So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Here is the kicker my ****ing clan hates me for no reason - I have -40 with most people and have -2 Honor trait even though I haven't raided **** and I let my lord prisoners go and god forbid if I do execute them I get -5 Honor popup but NO WAY TO TRACK MY HONOR POINTS! much less have I ****ing earned any for anything I've done. Giving troops - sparing lives etc. And the worst of it all is the fact that My sworn enemy I have fought 4 times and won against and released again! is +30 relation

Yeah, the whole relations system needs a big overhaul at least concerning the numbers. Abstaining shouldn't punish you at all in my opinion. If the player has to spend a minimum of 50 influence every time a castle is taken, they'll never have enough influence to do anything...

Another problem I've noticed is that lords don't stay captive for long. I put a prisoner in my castle and he escapes in like 3 days max.
That at least will be moddable. There was a great little mod tool for OG m&b that let you tweak stuff like escape percentages etc

Yeah, the whole relations system needs a big overhaul at least concerning the numbers. Abstaining shouldn't punish you at all in my opinion. If the player has to spend a minimum of 50 influence every time a castle is taken, they'll never have enough influence to do anything...
Abstaining should maybe be punsished if a lord you have high relationship with expects your support. But that's only if you have like 50+ positive relationship or something.

I don't find influence too hard to get. Some of the edicts or whatever they are, are pretty powerful generators. I think I get like +60 a day which is enough to pretty much hold an army of 5-6 lords, 500-600 troops pretty much indefinitely, which is kind of broken in and of itself.

Edit: Just checked, I get +35 from Council of the Commons alone.

+1

Having saved someone on the battlefield should be a big bonus.

Granted that the AI doesn't identify it yet. I encountered a lord with a 50+ army fighting some 15 looters. I joined in with my 20+ men and the lord praised me for saving his life.

But this shouldn't be difficult, programming wise. There is already an indicator on top that reflect how the battle is going. If this bar was stacked against the lord before I joined in then I join and we win the battle, then the lord should be appreciative and give way more than +2.

If I have defeated them in battle and then let them go, then certainly I have done something significant for that lord.

I understand that explicit grind cannot be too overpowered, but when circumstances put you in a special situation were you make the difference of triumph and failure for a lord, the reward shouldn't be as if you did another milk run.

Granted that the AI doesn't identify it yet. I encountered a lord with a 50+ army fighting some 15 looters. I joined in with my 20+ men and the lord praised me for saving his life.
I couldn't believe this is in bannerlod when i first saw it.
Lords basically thank you for taking some of their loot...

+1 for the entire threat.

I just offered empress of southern empire the dragonbanner.
She said, I paraphrase, "This is the greatest service anyone has ever done for me. I am very grateful".
My relation went from 0 to 2. And the next time we spoke (My character is Thor), she greeted me with "Thor......".
This must be a parody.

Your relationship with lords should be a massive source for replayability. Lords should get a first impression of you decided by circumstance, their needs, their position, your trait compatilibility with their etc. If you save them from defeat or captivity, it should be a significant boost since these chances are not controlled by you.
Befriending a low rank lord should be easier than the kingdom marshal or the king himself.

Games like FTL have massive replayability because you don't know what you are going to face and you have to decide on the strategy as things happen. There are plenty of LEMONS and plenty of LEMONADES. You don't know the direction the game will take or what your approach and general strategy will have to be.

The current M&B2 has a good kingdom sandbox. It is great that the story of the kingdom unfolds generically in a sim. But no doors opens or closes for you during this. You still have to line up at a door of your choosing and scratch at it until it lets you in.

A good storyline would be if I thought I was going with the empire, but I befriended a khergit by chance by saving him from looter captivity and then that relationship indirectly affected a lot of other khergit lords because of that that lord's relationship to other and we fought and lost a khergit civil war which forced us into exile with the battanians and into their service since the khergits now were actively looking for us.
Nothing forced, but certainly a game that opened different doors on each playthrough, then THAT is replayability. A +/- 2 change in relation that is "always" initiated by the player does not achieve this. No course of action becomes more or less compelling by such miniscule adjustments.

The main problem here is that there are very few lord quests right now. Plus, there is a strange mechanic when you save or help some Lord in a fight for the first time - the relation with that Lord will be increased (though, insufficiently). But if you go and help the same Lord again, or save his miserable butt from great perspective of being dragged about by some Looters or Mountain Bandits - he'll say something like "Aww, good to see you, %username%, once again you save my neck". And that's it, no relationship increased at all.

The game is currently still under development and there are many features to be implemented, even more are to be reworked. So, we just have to wait and hope for the best for now.

Is the abstaining actually implemented yet ? I think it is just the tooltip that says you will loose relationship but in reality you don't. Abstaining for now has no cost.

Lets not forget that when a lord loses a castle/settlement they seem to blame you for it...

I had around 30 relation with Godun as I married Svana, eventually get him as a vassal. Go to war and his army captures a settlement ridiculously far in the North, I'm guessing it had a weak garrison... idk why else he would go so far away. I give it to him since he took it plus hes the father-in-law... He immediately loses it to the enemy... not at all surprising except, his relation is now -50.

What? it's not my fault you couldn't hold onto your own settlement. I'm off in the south trying to protect my borders.

This is just one example but with the constant swapping of castles/settlements now all of my lords are - relations with me except for maybe 1 or 2 that have settlements close to my own and more in the center of our empire...

ATM we're ****** if we do and ****** if we don't.

Nothing really adds up in this regard - been a vassal for battania for a while and always join their armies to help them win sieges and checked my relations witht the King the other Day -36?? Stranger still was getting bored as i held no property and was getting ready to Defect when i noticed on a Fief sscreen that I WAS LORD OF LAGETA and the two associated villages?!? WTF did this happen? This game seriously needs a revamp of the Alert system as half the time a war has ended and a new one began without me being aware of it.

Back to the Town of Lageta -so pretty stoked i have this new town i go into the job of trying o recruit as many soldiers as possible for the wave of sieges about to come. Ive been sieged 3 times and the only reason im lasting is that Allied Lords come to help -en mass -yet they hate me ? ~Confused but not Homeless

Back
Top Bottom