So long Bannerlord, Hello Battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Like most of us I think we've been waiting for a long time for this game to be more fun that what it is when it first released and like practically everyone here I am frustrated. But, now that Battlefield 2042 is coming out in 2 days I can confidently say I wont be touching this game for quite some time. Hardly any communication with the devs, lack of a coherent road map, lack of attention to the siege AI, and just a general lack of features that are missing from warband to this game..

Maybe ill see you all in a year when this game is hopefully where it should be, especially on the multiplayer side, because that **** is completely dead.

I don´t see any connection between Bannerlord and Battlefield (ok, both start with "B") so it doesn´t really matter to me.

That´s "my" problem, there is no game like Bannerlord on the market, if there would be, I wouldn´t be here and wouldn´t think about what Bannerlord might have been.

Manor Lords got a nice dev video a few days ago, still of course not the same as Bannerlord, but at least Medieval settings with battles. And they´re going for depth as it seems, but TW also claimed that before they released Bannerlord, so I not hyped too much yet.

I personally think the difference between what the game is currently and what some people want it to be is not that big, there are gaps, but many of them can be bridged with Mods. What makes me furious is the lack of definition of TW, as far as I'm concerned they could consider the game finished , I can live with the flaws it has but I can't play without some mods. By the way, now I don't even know how to play without Mod Scum and Vilany, Calardia looks like a lifeless desert now.

Yes, dev interaction with the community could be a thousand times better than it currently is and still be awful. And, even worse, it's been awful ever since the BETA was released.

there is no game like Bannerlord on the market
There's Warband.

I personally think the difference between what the game is currently and what some people want it to be is not that big
Are you kidding me?
  • Working armour.
  • Companions and lords with actual personality (ditch the silly perma-death for NPCs).
  • Player character never dying (unless chosen to play as one of the heirs).
  • Better balancing of troops (cavalry OP rn).
  • Fix horse speed (seems to me like they barely, if at all, slow down when moving uphill)
  • More politics - more reasons to keep peace/war (and more things to do in peace-time), e.g. trade relations, alliances, marriage alliances, splitting of a realm, civil wars, rebellions, etc.
    (This would probably require more factions tho, so that would be an additional wish)
  • Ability to kidnap a lord's family member and hold ransom. Either to start wars, end wars, force a lord to obey, etc.
  • More detailed courtship - actually impressing/charming a lady like in Warband. Questioning other NPCs about her to find out her likes/dislikes, learning poems/stories, dueling other lords, etc.
  • Smarter battle AI - NPC parties actually using tactics, however minimal, rather than just charging or just sitting at their corner of the map.
  • A greater variety of upgradeable troops.
This is all... of what I can point out right off the top of my head.

EDIT: additional stuff, mainly for immersion:
  • Doggo companion (from VC).
  • Hunting wild animals (from VC).
EDIT#2: some more ideas:
  • Companions going on adventures themselves, if/after leaving your party.
  • Influencing a populace through the use of rumours (including slander).
  • Ability to start the game as a faction leader.
And this is just scratching the surface.

EDIT:
And all this, having not even mentioned the terrible AI altogether, still broken sieges, etc.

Last edited:
There's Warband.

Are you kidding me?
And this is just scratching the surface.

EDIT:
And all this, having not even mentioned the terrible AI altogether, still broken sieges, etc.
As I don't have any problem using mods, I fixed some of those gaps, what really bores me is that TW are making updates that spoils my favorites mods,that's why I'm just updating it each 3 versions.
Now, in 1.6.4, the game runs smoothly,like never before, but I miss so much the Scum and Vilany mod that Im considering to rollback to 1.6.2.

Don't really like the newer battlefields, to me they lost touch completely with what made the series great and different from other shooters when they decided to just be COD with slightly bigger maps instead of that realistic and tactical large-scale FPS of the glory days in BF 1942 and BF 2 (specially with project reality) but to each his own.

I'm still waiting for Taleworlds to improve Bannerlord and hopefully not fall completely in the same hole the battlefield series fell into but thankfully for now i have my fix sated with CrusaderBlade mod that brings Bannerlord battles to Crusader Kings III, such an incredible mod even this early in it's development :party:

Last edited:
More B*** goodness! Thanks!
Books are not that bad too...
Like most of us I think we've been waiting for a long time for this game to be more fun that what it is when it first released and like practically everyone here I am frustrated. But, now that Battlefield 2042 is coming out in 2 days I can confidently say I wont be touching this game for quite some time. Hardly any communication with the devs, lack of a coherent road map, lack of attention to the siege AI, and just a general lack of features that are missing from warband to this game..

Maybe ill see you all in a year when this game is hopefully where it should be, especially on the multiplayer side, because that **** is completely dead.
I play Hell let Loose, far better...
But I'm pretty sure you will come back soon...

Back
Top Bottom