Users who are viewing this thread

wideeyenow01

Recruit
Chose to help Sturgia, because they always get run over, and all was working fine (500 days+/-) until I decided to grind on my smithing. As we all know getting a decent weapon should be most important, let alone being able to reproduce it...

Got my wife early on, because I knew of the horrors that mid to late game bring in their wake...

Did the main quest until the last decision had to be made, but held off finishing just in case...

Well........... ARMAGEDDON HAPPENS while I was whistling away hammering and melting down metals.......... We sturgians had roughly 10 towns and even more castles before I went to the furnace, one of each I owned.....

The only thing we owned when I took notice of the only indication we were losing, WAS JUST THE TOWN I WAS SMITHING IN.............................

WHERE IS THE UI TELLING YOU TOWNS AND CASTLES ARE BEING LOST????

WHY DOES MY WIFE CONSTANTLY TELEPORT ME TO THE NEAREST ARMY CREATION SPOT????

WHY DO LORDS LEAVE ALLEGIANCES SO EASILY??? (no need for alcohol and waiting till 3am guys, they're willing an able)

WHY IS BEHEADING THE ONLY OPTION TO DO????

The same issues I noticed from day one are still prevalent... Diplomacy is as bad as Sid Meiers Civilization 1, and it takes 12 cookies and a bag of chips to get an enemy to revert to you, but for them to revert back again takes one iron shilling... Loyalty, Honor, Allegiance, Duty, Trust mean nothing... You hear that a losing side is supposed to get help, but as I'm sitting here just me and Ragavand trying to keep 2 towns with sturgian flags, I beg to differ...........

A Cultured Lord should stay with that culture, even if they get butt hurt they didn't get a castle for free (it's gonna happen, 1 new castle, 12 hungry lords, and by gone diddly scherosia IF ONE GETS LOST, and ya gotta retake it... ohhh the humanity)...... If case in point a Lord should be fighting a losing side and CHOOSES TO RENOUCE HIS OATH he should be exiled to mercenary only... All Honor, Duty, Loyalty, Trust, and Allegiance have been lost... THAT is how serious leaving a oath, should be...

And mercenaries should be by a contract of gold... They set a price, you agree, and if someone offers them more, they come back to the one paying them and ask for more to keep their allegiance... Biggest pocketbook wins, or more or less who can sustain a war of attrition...

Royal Families, should be just that... Ok, I get that a Clan with former allegiance could possibly take the throne if they had sufficient influence... But say a Khuzait faction should die by the killer IF ALL KHUZAIT HAVE DIED... WTF is a empire lord doing running the show, must I behead everyone??? I thought you gain what you kill???????????? I have yet to see a castle fall under my rule from me executing the lord of it...............................

And speaking of settlements.......... Why is it if I rule, and a lord leaves they take the settlement with them.... But yet, if I were to do the same the faction keeps it.... This makes no sense whatsoever and is just one sided for AI... If you're going to make "Lord Owned Settlements", make it just that, so when you behead the S.O.B. who owns it, you gain it...

* I'm absolutely loving the game, well over 200 hours I put in since your launch last week... But it is becoming more and more infuriating, when you get to mid to late game that you're literally left with 2 settlements next to each other, and ya gotta keep running back and forth either fighting a besieging army or re-besieging the settlement you just lost... How do they besiege quicker than I do??? WTF??? You are literally stuck beheading everyone until you are the only one that remains...

And it's getting old.... fast....

I am using the mod "Sound the Alarm" from Nexus, it helps some.

Also, does the beta require a new game to fully work? If so, crap!

@Mattar19K I don't think you need to do a fresh start, but I just wanted to do it to prevent any hiccups... And test what it is they plan to launch soon, so far I'm seeing a bunch of issues, and only really feel like complaining about the most important ones...

I am over-encumbered with suggestions.... lmao, movin like a penguin ova here!

I've never been fan at all of defection mechanic, it was already plaguing Warband Native, without a mod that prevented them it was impossible for me to enjoy it. Everyone were dam turncoats already, that's not how an oath works, and I'm not fan at all that they ported that thing into Bannerlord.
Of course that's something that could happen, but it must have some reason behind it, and should really be a rare thing.
I guess this will get polished with the civil war/rebellion mechanics, but I think it should really be deactivated for now

Which one is that? Sorry, completely new to Mount & Blade series as of last Friday. :smile:

I've never been fan at all of defection mechanic, it was already plaguing Warband Native, without a mod that prevented them it was impossible for me to enjoy it. Everyone were dam turncoats already, that's not how an oath works, and I'm not fan at all that they ported that thing into Bannerlord.
Of course that's something that could happen, but it must have some reason behind it, and should really be a rare thing.
I guess this will get polished with the civil war/rebellion mechanics, but I think it should really be deactivated for now

Yeah I agree. I actually had to leave a kingdom, not because I wanted to but because 3 of our lords defected taking something like 3 cities and 5 castles with them while we were at war with three factions. My whole faction fell apart because of it. How the hell do lords with so many fiefs become so unhappy that they all leave? In any case, I could either a) join another kingdom, taking my fiefs with me. or b) stick by my oath and lose everything I had gained. I was not happy to be honest.

To the OP, yeah I feel you. It is getting to the point where I feel the only way to do well in the game is to behead the enemy lords just to thin them out so they don't coming crawling back in like cockroaches with a full army 5 minutes after I catch and release them. Also capturing and imprisoning them only seems to delay their return by another 5 minutes or so if that.

Clickbait thread.
Opinions and suggestions are what this forum is here for... Devs read all of it, figuring out what to and not to change...

I'm merely showing the resolve of what an addict of this game is experiencing multiple times over, and what is causing most frustration;

pre-game = interesting > mid-game = frustrating > late-game = unplayable

No nitpicking here, they have a partially made game and are figuring on where to go with it. I personally love Medieval Strategy games so much I've been working on making my own in my spare time (which was killed when this launched). And combat is the best part, but it's what led up to the combat that is the most important. Was one's love lost and caused fury, was it the quest for global domination, was it the love of gold, could it have been a raw deal, or an oath not being upheld. The main question is "Why are they fighting?", which leads to "Would I join their fight?"... A sense of honor, and duty to be upheld, that makes the battle so much more epic. Other than I just want your loot...

I personally know the struggle of RNG, and trying to figure out how to make this "Alternate Reality" seem so, instead of just a product I want to sell and you to buy... This game is so close to being an alternate reality I can taste it... Relationship being an Integer, makes total sense, but I'm also letting them know there needs to be other integers in the equations that choose and decide "WAR" "FRIEND" "ALLY" "EXECUTE" and of course "BREAK OATH"...

Re-play-ability : is what makes any game hit the top of the charts... Use Skyrim for example, how many playthroughs did it take for you to feel that it was just a game? Personally I've done 7 playthroughs, and I still feel an inkling to play it even though I know it's too addicting... It is an alternate reality for me, and a world I love to visit... EVEN WITH ITS BUGS, it's still a great game. Why? immersion...

Right now, this games replayability is very low, because if common folk got their hands on it, and realize it all boils down to just executing every lord in the game, and relationships with lords mean absolutely nothing because they'll just leave you no matter what you do?? Ratings would drop, WORD OF MOUTH between friends would all be negative, and those who really wish to try it out and don't feel like wasting money on another game that just sits on the shelf and collects dust won't buy it.

I want this game to prosper... I want vanilla to give a big ole middle finger to modders saying "not needed"... I want more people who love swords and arrows and trebuchets to say "F*n Bannerlord! Hands down, need to have game!"... And after a hard day of work?;

I want to step into a world that allows a Dynasty to control a Kingdom, whose Ally has stood by them from the beginning, and have been fighting a war of attrition with the enemy alliance. Constantly trying to take the one advantageous Castle that would change the tide of the Long War. But it's defenders are all elite warriors, many men were lost, multiple attempts have failed. Until One man showed up, Clan name "Dovahkiin", with his constant reputation known for winning battles and his Tactics Legendary. He attempts a siege, a long and bloody battle, he solely breaks the defense through the main gate, dying in the causeway from a arrow to the heart. His men see this, and rally with rage, his martyrdom was not in vain. With fury, duty to their lord pours into the castle, and alas... VICTORY! The battle may have been won, but the war is long to go yet... To be continued...

^right there, is not click bait... That is called immersion, that's what changes a game to more than a game. It shows a struggle, a sense of accomplishment, and an urge to struggle again... Replayability...

Opinions and suggestions are what this forum is here for... Devs read all of it, figuring out what to and not to change...

I'm merely showing the resolve of what an addict of this game is experiencing multiple times over, and what is causing most frustration;

pre-game = interesting > mid-game = frustrating > late-game = unplayable

No nitpicking here, they have a partially made game and are figuring on where to go with it. I personally love Medieval Strategy games so much I've been working on making my own in my spare time (which was killed when this launched). And combat is the best part, but it's what led up to the combat that is the most important. Was one's love lost and caused fury, was it the quest for global domination, was it the love of gold, could it have been a raw deal, or an oath not being upheld. The main question is "Why are they fighting?", which leads to "Would I join their fight?"... A sense of honor, and duty to be upheld, that makes the battle so much more epic. Other than I just want your loot...

I personally know the struggle of RNG, and trying to figure out how to make this "Alternate Reality" seem so, instead of just a product I want to sell and you to buy... This game is so close to being an alternate reality I can taste it... Relationship being an Integer, makes total sense, but I'm also letting them know there needs to be other integers in the equations that choose and decide "WAR" "FRIEND" "ALLY" "EXECUTE" and of course "BREAK OATH"...

Re-play-ability : is what makes any game hit the top of the charts... Use Skyrim for example, how many playthroughs did it take for you to feel that it was just a game? Personally I've done 7 playthroughs, and I still feel an inkling to play it even though I know it's too addicting... It is an alternate reality for me, and a world I love to visit... EVEN WITH ITS BUGS, it's still a great game. Why? immersion...

Right now, this games replayability is very low, because if common folk got their hands on it, and realize it all boils down to just executing every lord in the game, and relationships with lords mean absolutely nothing because they'll just leave you no matter what you do?? Ratings would drop, WORD OF MOUTH between friends would all be negative, and those who really wish to try it out and don't feel like wasting money on another game that just sits on the shelf and collects dust won't buy it.

I want this game to prosper... I want vanilla to give a big ole middle finger to modders saying "not needed"... I want more people who love swords and arrows and trebuchets to say "F*n Bannerlord! Hands down, need to have game!"... And after a hard day of work?;

I want to step into a world that allows a Dynasty to control a Kingdom, whose Ally has stood by them from the beginning, and have been fighting a war of attrition with the enemy alliance. Constantly trying to take the one advantageous Castle that would change the tide of the Long War. But it's defenders are all elite warriors, many men were lost, multiple attempts have failed. Until One man showed up, Clan name "Dovahkiin", with his constant reputation known for winning battles and his Tactics Legendary. He attempts a siege, a long and bloody battle, he solely breaks the defense through the main gate, dying in the causeway from a arrow to the heart. His men see this, and rally with rage, his martyrdom was not in vain. With fury, duty to their lord pours into the castle, and alas... VICTORY! The battle may have been won, but the war is long to go yet... To be continued...

^right there, is not click bait... That is called immersion, that's what changes a game to more than a game. It shows a struggle, a sense of accomplishment, and an urge to struggle again... Replayability...

Boom, right there. Excellent post. That is what we all are looking for.

*BTW: Clan Dovahkiin did not perish, it's Lord was able to marry his female companion(wanderer) with awesome stats, and had multiple sons with his tactics and her hand to hand combat. They grew up, and many years later executed the last enemy Lord, ending the long war. Peace resumed once more... Until the damned Aseri felt as though they should be the one and only, and a new war began in the desert... To be continued...

Also, does the beta require a new game to fully work? If so, crap!
Patch 1.1 just went online, my saves are working perfectly fine. Only thing I've noticed, all of my character's and companions' skill XP is set to 0. They didn't loose skill points, so it's a small prize to pay.

Yeah, defection is a funny one. Sometimes I think it should be abolished from the game as quickly as possible and everything would be the better for it, but the more you think about it, the more you realise that it's a necessary part of the way the campaign functions.

It should definitely be much more rare, though. And I like the idea of clans suffering severe honour and relations penalties - these could last a generation or more, even - for doing it.

For the moment, I'm pretty relaxed about it, given the general state of game (im)balance; but it definitely needs a good working over at some point.

@Rabies I get ya, I understand the game has a lot of things in "run like this for now" mode... But I'm also taking in Warband with my suggestions. Things they did wrong in that, that we all hope get fixed in Bannerlord.

*Lords leave factions every 5 mins - chasing lords/ladies for quests/relationships in different areas = annoying...
*Can't hold Lord prisoners as long as you want...(actually I think in Warband you could, so they downgraded from 10yrs experience)
*Art of Conquest doesn't equal your own Kingdom...(how do you think the factions now became nobles(beheading the right people))
*No other "playthrough" options...(what if you just want to be a merchant and buy your way to power(businesses/caravans limited and pointless))

How they screwed up bad in Warband, and modders had to come save the day, they are actually aiming for worse in Bannerlord :sad:

and it's sad :sad: :sad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom