so is this game dead now?

Users who are viewing this thread

You cannot blame the individuals doing there job at TW quite frankly. It is like calling to an insurence company and being redirected 5 times and then not getting nowhere in the end, it is the system and management that needs fixing. The high level decision-making at TW is the culprit, and perhaps even the overall poor attitude of gamers in general. I know by now that I am way more critical/selective compared to the overall population, I will not accept flaws/bugs that others easily ignore, I guess it is personal view in the end as well
I'll be posting about all our multiplayer game issues on Twitter from now on and encourage others to do so.

This has been offline since last week. We could only play on a community custom server that crashes the client after each game. I complained about this on Twitter, tagged Callum, the next day it was resolved.

#BrokenBannerlord

The strange thing is that TW has not yet done what, perhaps, any reasonable video game developer would have done right away - they have not rolled back emergency failed code that make their product unplayable.
Indeed, in 1.7.2 there are no good innovations that could raise doubts about the lack of alternatives to an immediate "rollback" of the patch with a critical error in the rating system and a bunch of other terrible changes: lags, crashes, stuttering, gameplay clipping (depriving the ability to climb rocks, an invisible "leash" for the captain), a returned imbalance (the power of the rabble with their "kevlar robes", the weakness of the aserai against the sturgis, cavalry inefficiency, etc.), etc.
I do not believe that everyone in TW suddenly went crazy and threw away the results of their many years of work in order to facilitate the porting of the game to the console. Rather, the reason for such a reaction (inaction) may lie in the infection of the TW team with covid. @Duh_TaleWorlds got sick the other day, and @Callum is still in the process of fighting this infection. @Dejan also disappeared somewhere.
If the cause of our suffering is your covid, then we will pray for your speedy recovery and look forward to the resumption of your creativity.

Well, if you cheated on yourself and, for the sake of "easy console money", decided to turn your complex, deep, detailed, atmospheric game into a casual trinket, then take courage and let us know - at least it will be honest.
But actually in this case: "A wise man can change his mind; a fool - never." Immanuel Kant ☝️

Last edited:
As a long time player of warband, i've been playing bannerlord on and off since it came out while taking long breaks in-between with the hope of a fix on the servers issues. When is it going to be enough for you to manage to have 2 servers TDM and Siege up constantly? How many years is it going to take? This problem with servers crashing and pushing every new player out because they dont know whats happening has been going on for literally years.

You can hide behind the EA part for the complete failure of the MP experience all you want, because prioritising adding ranked and other BS over fixing the servers was more important right? I can't name any company that ****s this hard on a part of their game and it's community. The MP could have had way more active players instead of being the 0.5% of the current players that are online on steam. I can't imagine the amount of new players that the MP community lost due to this. Literally a shame.
I appreciate your effort and it is great to hear you are willing to invest into this, it sparks hope to see people doing such things. I, on the other hand, have lost faith in TW. Back in 2020 I still had hopes because of Warband and how good they made it to be. But after consistent disappointment I simply cannot be bothered to even address issues or post feedback anymore on this forum. I know they don't read most of it, and if they do they do not comment, interact or make us of it. I feel unheard by the developers and know that my efforts to help improve this game will mostly be a waste of time, so I now simply play the game with clan events and besides that I will see where the game goes, my expectations in any case are low.

Imagine if they gave the community the proper modding tools and private servers, Our modding community woud have balanced, fixed and made it playable for everyone within a week, knowing a good and hardworking they are.
Sad TW is keeping this vision of official servers with their dead game modes as the way to go.

Imagine if they gave the community the proper modding tools and private servers, Our modding community woud have balanced, fixed and made it playable for everyone within a week, knowing a good and hardworking they are.
Sad TW is keeping this vision of official servers with their dead game modes as the way to go.
We've been saying that for years now but they keep turning a deaf ear...

The moment people release their private servers and let the players have their own set of gimmicks... all their servers die instantly, no one will bother to play those unbalanced skirmish and captain matches , or their broken siege and battle servers.
They're pushing it so hard to be like that yet the community wants different things.

La foule des consoles est composée de consommateurs insensés. Même si Bannerlord pour consoles n'a pas de jeu croisé, ils s'en moqueront. Si vous mettez simplement quelque chose devant eux et que vous y mettez un prix de 60 $, ils le consommeront simplement - sans poser de questions. C'est comme ça qu'ils sont.
... et tous les joueurs PC ont un raisonnement aussi débile que le tiens?

Back
Top Bottom