So is 1.5.6 worth a playthrough or.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

StewVader

Sergeant
Just curious if its worth a re-download and playthrough?

I've played each beta, but kinda tired of the let down and reminder of how disappointing and unimaginative the game is through each iteration.

Opinions?

To be honest, i just started a new campaign on 1.5.6 and gave up after a day. Im just bored with the game...

Edit : The early game is such a grind i cant do it all over again. the fun starts when i build up a kingdom

To be honest, i just started a new campaign on 1.5.6 and gave up after a day. Im just bored with the game...

Edit : The early game is such a grind i cant do it all over again. the fun starts when i build up a kingdom

I hear you. I think we all had such high expectations and to see them just fizzle into nothing over the last 9 months. I don't want to invest the time if nothing has really changed or made the experience better.

If you've been playing through 1.5.5 probs not.
I started a new run with 1.5.6 but took a long few months break so ain't touched it in a while, was waiting for the snowballing effect to be nearly completely taken away.

It seems to have been fixed somewhat, definitely less snow-bally & the new main quests are enjoyable; still noticed a few minor bugs (or features?) with them but nothing that ruins them.

tldr; if u ain't started a playthrough in a while go for it, if you did a recent 1.5.5 run just continue if you're not too far and ain't bothered by the main quest if it's already finished.

Just curious if its worth a re-download and playthrough?

I've played each beta, but kinda tired of the let down and reminder of how disappointing and unimaginative the game is through each iteration.

Opinions?
The new rebellion system makes it more interesting. Also the snowballing is significantly reduced.

Thats why they should add in random events that would ease the boredom of restarting the game for the 130th time...

+1, totally agreed. I played over 800 hours and now it's boring, I didn't play for the last 3 patches because of one simple reason: leveling progression. It's very, very grindy, inconsistent and unenjoyable. If perks were implemented and leveling progression was fixed then you could do multiple playthrough and not get bored... one as a bandit (roguery, which is impossible to level-up atm since it's so slow), 1 a melee combat champion, 1 a ranged combat champion, and so forth. But since you can't really level-up in a consistent manner and actually attain high level perks every playthrough is the same, there is no variety.

I would personally wait one or few more patches until this is fixed, I don't think the last patch is enough to start a new playthrough. Nothing frustrates me more with this game than wanting to play a certain way/have a certain build, only to realize in a couple hours that it doesn't matter what plan you have, the game is the same impossible and unsensical grindfest, and some perks are still not implemented (engineering we have NO perks at all)

The rebellions add a more random and interesting twist to the formula! It's cool too see them pop up and few have birthed new permanent clans :smile:
It best if they happen to be against a faction you're at war with so you can protect them until they....... finish painting the town lol? Idduno the lore but they need time before they become a permanent clan. Sadly no Khuzait rebellions yet..... probably too many khuzaits in the garrisons.... but whatever as long as they keep the tribute coming!

I like the new prisoner recruitment and related leadership perks very much, so much so that I'm being a good boy and being a vassal so I can raise leadership!
I was gonna turn on Lucon for fun (after I saved NE from everyone) but then he gave me Diathma for my first fief!
Guess I'll just keep carrying them on my back for awhile then.... There is so much war that I'm getting 10K+ just from my parties gold alone. I never realized how nice it is having an army since their loot just becomes surplus gold. Cuts down on trips to the store!

I hear you. I think we all had such high expectations and to see them just fizzle into nothing over the last 9 months. I don't want to invest the time if nothing has really changed or made the experience better.
The game actually improved a lot over the last months.

I guess I can tell because I didn't try each and every update. Played 10 hours at begin of EA, 10 hours around 1.4 and 10 hours in 1.5.6. That way I don't get as frustrated as others. If I would've played for several hundred hours like some others did I would probably be unhappy as well, luckily I knew that this would happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom