So I suck at Combat

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure why so many are against the autoblock. I mean, if I recall correctly, autoblock was the default option in Warband initially and manual blocking didn't even exist. Manual blockers got their wish of manual blocking so let's let autoblockers get their wish this time, yeah?

Not sure why so many are against the autoblock. I mean, if I recall correctly, autoblock was the default option in Warband initially and manual blocking didn't even exist. Manual blockers got their wish of manual blocking so let's let autoblockers get their wish this time, yeah?

You recall wrong tho.

at least the "manual blocking didn't even exist" part.

iirc manual blocking was in the original mount & blade even before warband since early access

Manuel blocking is pretty frustrating to me.Especially with two handed weapons. Hope they implement auto blocking. Also how is it that some looters can hit me in the neck with his damn kitchen knife before I swing my @sS sword on horse back !? lol
Something is wrong with npc reach vs mine.

I'm having problem fighting on horse with my one handed mace. It feels like I swing true the body and don't get a hit so many times. Don't know if it's something wrong on the hitbox or if I just suck haha.

There is unfortunately a problem with side swings on horseback; when you hold the left mouse button to ready an attack, your arm and the weapon are at a certain angle, but when you release the angle of swing is actually further out/higher up, so you swish over the heads of the opponents. People have complained about it recently, so hopefully the developers have taken note and it will get fixed. For the time being, I am trying to remind myself to aim a little bit closer to my horse than the target is to hit them.

In the case of getting hit first when using polearms...well, I can't remember for sure but I think some of the more astute players in the beta phase closely tested it and I think there are issues either with hitboxes or how soon during the animation the strike starts doing damage, but I think lancing can be a bit tricky simply because one is generally moving very quickly towards the target and it is hard to time it right to strike them. Also, to avoid being hit by an enemy with a short weapon, remember you can distance yourself slightly, and stab them with your lance as you pass them, stabbing to the left or right of your horse.

My 2 cents here:
I started to learn what was going on with this video:

Then, notice that timing is very confusing at first. You will usually release your swings early or late, focus on that. And for the shield, it's practice, don't run too fast, step by step. Moreover, 300h in warband is pretty much nothing :>

I'm with the autoblock camp :grin: I know that putting hours to master manual can be really satisfying, but I don't have the parience nor it's the thing I'm looking for :grin: I could have been bothered to learn it a decade ago when M&B came out but I didn't and now I'm too much of an casual player

I'm with the autoblock camp :grin: I know that putting hours to master manual can be really satisfying, but I don't have the parience nor it's the thing I'm looking for :grin: I could have been bothered to learn it a decade ago when M&B came out but I didn't and now I'm too much of an casual player
For me Manual block is more for immersion honestly. Auto block should of been in the game on release I feel bad for those having a hard time. Its not easy sometimes.

You recall wrong tho.

at least the "manual blocking didn't even exist" part.

iirc manual blocking was in the original mount & blade even before warband since early access
I stand corrected then. Strange, I had such a strong feeling autoblocking being the only option initially, but don't recall it being the case for M&B so you must be right. Regardless, I still think autoblock should be an option in Bannerlord. It deprives no one of anything and it was included in Warband as well. Would definitely make the game more accessible for people with disabilities as well. Or if you just enjoy the power fantasy of parrying the attacks of multiple opponents in rapid succession.

Back
Top Bottom