So I played MP again... we need friendly fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Friendly fire will be messy in large battles because of the terrible swing arcs
I agree but unfortunately it's still necessary, right now the meta on casual servers is 3 people all with 2handers swinging constantly bouncing off each other in a manner that there's always a threatening blow to you because you can't count on the team mate being there to block it. Bouncing off a team mate with 2h also has a faster attack reset lol. It's spam on steroids.

One of the biggest things MP is missing is a slightly more competitive server where people can still go to play and have fun, a role served previously by larger battle servers in Warband.

I actually think Skirmish would be a lot more suited to a 20v20 casual server, as the respawns mean less down time for people. A server like this where people could hope on, go to any of the 3 flags, battle it out, respawn, but with team damage and inherently attracting the slightly better players, would be immensely good fun. I'm assuming this just isn't possible though due to how Skirmish is coded.

Well I'm happy to hear they tried it. I would suggest every TW/TK come with a monetary penalty. The 3/4 of the cav at least wouldn't be able to afford horses.
Top notch high units were much rarer. Archers were the most impacted by this, firing anywhere in a mosh pit without penalties was impossible anymore.

hmmm if only there was some medium that would accommodate slightly more competitive casual play in large 20v20 battles or so forth... some type of "battle" that would happen... like imagine a mode where people fight a large pitched battle with one life....

Fearspear, single life gamemodes wouldn't work with the class system. Please keep up!
class system worked in napoleon which is where i saw armagan as his player avatar vincezo visit while i was playing NA1 battle mode..
i think he saw that napoleon was the most popular version of warband, and the class system worked for napoleon bc there were no armor or weapon variety, besides rifle or bayonet.

native is alot more complicated then napoleon in selection,
it isn't suitable for the same class system type as napoleon,
it functioned better with the gold system.

the class system was built around captain mode, and it works for that, so why dont we leave it there and change the rest?

also samurai dlc, please

Yeah go on a Warband server where friendly fire is enabled and try to win a groupfight without getting teamkilled
There are so many retards who wildly swing as soon as they see someone without a round banner above their head
You're gonna take more damage from your team than you will from the enemy
Just fix the spawns until custom severs are out

Yeah go on a Warband server where friendly fire is enabled and try to win a groupfight without getting teamkilled
There are so many retards who wildly swing as soon as they see someone without a round banner above their head
You're gonna take more damage from your team than you will from the enemy
Just fix the spawns until custom severs are out
You say that like Warband was riddled with accidental TKers in roving bands around every corner. TKs happen, but they became so rare as to be noteworthy at higher levels of play. You're also more likely to get shot by a teammate than hit by one in melee, in my experience. FF was a critical factor in pushing the skill ceiling higher, and inflicting team damage is 100% avoidable in Warband. Receiving technically is as well, but the recipient is rarely the one at fault.

Back
Top Bottom