So I played MP again... we need friendly fire

Users who are viewing this thread

And I just dunno. I played Sturgian and my favourite build was 2 handed axe Warrior with improved armour. I would have liked a pike to deal with cav, but that is not an option. I did good, came in 4th or so, but it wasn't much fun.

First of all, as always, is the stupid cav. I don't mind that they are OP, cav were for centuries. But when you are in the middle of a fight and a cav charges through the middle lance down he will always kill one and knock some others over. His own team mates are safe. Imagine if we had even just 50% friendly damage? Maybe the cav would ease off on the random couches.

Second is the slow blocking. It is fine for a one on one fight, and I have had some great duels - right until a cav couched me. But when you are in the middle of a cluster flower you can't do anything. You just see it, and all you can do is accept it. When you our outnumbered by bad players they tend to get in each other's way, but two semi-competent players can wreck any hero.

Third is the stupid random spawns. No one likes getting spawned in the midst of enemies. If you stay alive long enough you join a blob of players who wreck everything in their way. Stay with the group and you get E-Z kills, right until attrition whittles you down. Then you die, but respawn with your expensive character... right into the middle of their blob of players.

What this game needs is friendly fire. Anything under 20 damage should not count, but spamming in a group should not be rewarded, and nor should charging your horse through a group of friendlies to get that one guy who is pretty much dead anyways... oh, and proper team spawns of course.

People might think friendly fire is not noob friendly... but getting ganked by 10 enemies is not noob friendly either... nor is getting constantly pierced by cav. A new noob will generally follow the group, and will play very defensively until they get confident. But we all know how useless a defensive player is when they are by themselves. Let them tag along with the big boys, and if they get surrounded, at least let them turtle up and watch as the enemy TW/TDs each other trying to kill them.

And yes, we all know TW is focusing on single player cuz people play single player more. But when I play MP I can usually only handle a few rounds: Warband cuz it's too intense, and Bannerlord cuz it's too frustrating. Then I go play SP to make myself feel big. Level one and winning tournaments? HELL YEAH! So I can play SP for hours at a time.. but MP is where I get my rush.

But I really have no hope for MP until the mods come out. It seems Taleworlds has no idea what works in MP. I thought they could have looked at the more successful Warband mods they could have learned something, but no. Actually, I really doubt any of them play MP (did you see how bad they were in the demo videos?).

It would maybe be a good idea for cav or archers. But was awful for infantry. It didn't fix your weapon getting stuck and you just swing hit team accidently all the time in larger fights. And if you are looking right at enemy a friendly horse comes past. You don't even see him but you somehow hit him and lose all your health or die.

It would maybe be a good idea for cav or archers. But was awful for infantry. It didn't fix your weapon getting stuck and you just swing hit team accidently all the time in larger fights. And if you are looking right at enemy a friendly horse comes past. You don't even see him but you somehow hit him and lose all your health or die.
In a larger fight it made you really focus on hitting the enemy in the middle and stopping swings before you made them because you know a friendly was in the way. Made it more efficient in my experience because you have less useless swings and just go for stabs/overheads that are better for targeting a single enemy in a group

Did you just link a video dating from June 2020?

Also imagine linking a ranged video when talking specifically about melee ? ? ?
yes I did. do you think much has happened since then?

the same issue happens in melee too, I just found it more interesting to provide a ranged clip. you'd know that if you actually played the game sometimes rather than ****posting 24/7

yes I did. do you think much has happened since then?

the same issue happens in melee too, I just found it more interesting to provide a ranged clip. you'd know that if you actually played the game sometimes rather than ****posting 24/7
Have you ever considered some people only play infantry love? Also yes it happens with melee, did i say otherwise?!?

No need to get angry my little warband boomer ???

That would be the ****posting he's referring to, and I don't appreciate it either. Keep a lid on it, Younes.

Thank you for keeping the forums safe, Mr Orion.

I also think TW should, at the very least, experiment with creating a TDM map with more consistent spawn points. I think something like "The Arena" would also be a cool choice and a way to pay homage to Warband.

I also think TW should, at the very least, experiment with creating a TDM map with more consistent spawn points. I think something like "The Arena" would also be a cool choice and a way to pay homage to Warband.

I can't tell if your being serious or not but my recollection of The Arena map is anything but consistent spawn points. Unless you mean consistently spawning in the middle of fights.

That would be the ****posting he's referring to, and I don't appreciate it either. Keep a lid on it, Younes.
I wasn't even ****posting on this thread, i was addressing someones aggressive behavior, it's different. And i don't like how you prejudice against me due to my past.

Thank you for keeping the forums safe, Mr Orion.

I'd love to see Arena in bannerlord however... that map had the worst spawn points of any map I've ever seen in any game ever.

Spawning directly into a chaotic melee as 8 players desperately try to get out of the tiny ramped cage they are in.

Or spawning in front of the tower where 5 archers are waiting - bows drawn.

Or spawning as cavalry inside that tunnel and getting pounced on by half a dozen players as you try to reverse your horse up the stairs.

True - it was part of the charm! But I don't think it's the solution to this issue.:xf-grin:

I'd love to see Arena in bannerlord however... that map had the worst spawn points of any map I've ever seen in any game ever.

Spawning directly into a chaotic melee as 8 players desperately try to get out of the tiny ramped cage they are in.

Or spawning in front of the tower where 5 archers are waiting - bows drawn.

Or spawning as cavalry inside that tunnel and getting pounced on by half a dozen players as you try to reverse your horse up the stairs.

True - it was part of the charm! But I don't think it's the solution to this issue.:xf-grin:
It's a terrible map for TDM for sure, though for deathmatch it's one of the best maps.

Back
Top Bottom