So how do we like the new leveling in 1.4.3? I'm not sure but it 'feels' better anyways. Gonna show some MCs

Users who are viewing this thread

they want it more action paced.
They better increase that armor then. That's the first thing I though when I read him say it's more action then strategy......
An action game where you get hit once and you lose or have to re-load?
It makes sense for MP where you can respawn or body slide, but to say the single player game is supposed to be more action.... better patch some healing potions and magic armor, cuz nobody wants to play a action game where you can't take a hit.

SUPER HEMOPHILIAC MAN
The new action hero with all these super powers..... but if he gets hit he bleeds out and dies and it's game over. Also he's prone to depression and has anxiety. Boy oh boy sign me up.

I don't actually want more action oriented stuff I want strategy, rpg and char building stuff. But I guess I'm ****ed.

It's that level 20 blues again. I don't know what to do with the FP and that attribute. It's all so lack luster a equally useless.
I want to get the 225 two handed perk, but using 2 handed is horrible. I could do charm, even though it'slike weapon master of relation building, makes it fater but gives nothing new. I wish I could just pop points into a passive skill like in warband.

But I can do this.
I can't do that in bannerlord. I want to do that. I want the power. That thing gets +14 int skills at level 13, then we start maxing powerdraw.

I get that. I want to be able to do that too, and you're right, the incentive wasn't all that strong for leadership. It does go to my point that Bannerlord's levels aren't as powerful as Warband's. You basically have to grind more to get less than what you could get in the previous titles. I hope they fix the engineering skills so that more things can level it. For example, prior to fiefs being an option for a character, why can't engineering be increased by redesigning workshops, or helping villagers build something for a quest? By doing a redesign of each perk, and the experience system, the devs are giving me hope that before early access ends we'll have a base game that feels much better so the modders will spend less time fixing broken things and more time giving us things like historical mods with guns and elephants.

It's that level 20 blues again. I don't know what to do with the FP and that attribute. It's all so lack luster a equally useless.
I want to get the 225 two handed perk, but using 2 handed is horrible. I could do charm, even though it's like weapon master of relation building, makes it fater but gives nothing new. I wish I could just pop points into a passive skill like in warband.

Yeah I feel your pain. You want to put those skills in to something that gives an immediate benefit, and investing in what's basically a skill grind just doesn't feel right. This gets back to another point I didn't mention in my past post. Older M&B characters could start off really good in something right away. you could have 15 in an attribute, and 5 in a skill to start out if you knew what you were doing, and use that skill to get you through the early game. None of the skills really do that for you here, and getting any one skill to that point takes so long.

I was playing mount and blade back in the 2004 beta, pre-Warband, pre-steam days when the map consisted of the City of Zendar and its outskirts. I'd never played a game like it before, and it hooked me. But let me tell you, it took a long time for the base game to get as good as it got. I don't have any magical expectations, but if Taleworlds keeps working at it and listening to feedback, I'm sure Bannerlord will get to a point where it will feel much better. My early access Steam review is still a negative recommendation though! I'm hoping to change it once they fix the levelling and skills system to something that doesn't feel so restrictive, because that's what really holds it back for me.

Last edited:
I guess 2 handed has it's warband uses still, even without the great heavey long big good pretty axe.

I wish I could craft without bloating the .sav and adding weapons to the campaign so I could make longer 2 handed.

I don't have any magical expectations, but if Taleworlds keeps working at it and listening to feedback, I'm sure Bannerlord will get to a point where it will feel much better.
I agree. IMO it will either end up okay, but disappointing with some good mods, or if they listen it can be become a great and true M&B successor and carry it for another decade.

Back
Top Bottom