So here's how I became an a** of Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

So now I feel like an ass...
2012080600002w.jpg

Link to Image : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/2012080600002w.jpg/
See 'family'.

And here's the story of how Jarl Sigmar became an polygamist in Calradia.

Jarl Sigmar was wooing Lady Kaeteli and lady Svipul of the Nords. Kaeteli was Tomboyish and Svipul was ambitious. At this point he was new to the Kingdom of Nords and had only Vayejeg as fief.

The Kingdom of Nords was at peace when Jarl Sigmar took oath to King Ragnar. Having no way to improve his position in the court, he had to take up peddling once again.

During a feast held in Veluca, Jarl Sigmar was asked by Count Talbar to meet his daughter, Lady Geneiava. Not being at war with the Rhodoks, he began wooing her for the next couple month.

The Kingdom of Swadian declared war upon the Nords shortly after. Being King Harlaus, his kingdom came under-sieged from all sides: the Khergit Khanate rode from the nomad, looting and pillaging villages on its path; the Rhodoks, descended from the mountains, took Uxkhal and Vyincourd Castle by storm (Vyincourd fell roughly 10 in-game days after the Swadian lost Uxhal, I'm not being over dramatic);seeing the Swadians engaged, the Vaegirs marched from the snow-cover northland, sweeping Swadian settlements and fortifications.

Seeing his foe weakened, Jarl Rayeck, marshal of the Nords, led an army and laid siege on Praven. Jarl Sigmar was half-way to Rivacheg when the messager found him, being in good terms with the marshal, he decided to answer Rayeck's call. However the siege ended shortly before he joined up.

Not wanting to return empty handed, Sigmar decided to take Tevarin Castle by himself. At the time he had 280-ish men underarm: 12 Nord Huscarls, over 50 Nord veteran and warriors, around 20 Rhodok sharpshooters and roughly 50 mercenary crossbowmen and Rhodok veteran/trained crossbowmen, as well as some mercenary cavalry.

Tevarin proved to be a deadly trap; at the time of the siege, it had a garrison of 167 men, mostly mid-tier swadian troops. Count Haringoth was also in the Castle, with only 21 men under-arm, and wounded. The castle has high walls surrounding its large courtyard, which served a great spot for sniping enemies climbing on the walls. Outside the castle is a large plain, leaving no cover for whoever dares to strike at its walls.

Yet Jarl Sigmar stroke castle Tevarin at dawn.

His warriors charged at the walls tirelessly. Using the ladders, they slowing climbed on the walls before ferociously smacking and slashing their enemies; volleys of bolts screamed through the air, piercing through leather and flesh stood in their paths. After losing around 40 men, Sigmar's army took Tevarin's walls. From there they must withstand tides and tides of bolts while marching across the courtyard to reach the barracks. Waves and waves of his warriors fell, yet waves and waves more charged forward. His crossbowmen rained bolts from the walls, raking harvok amongst my enemies. As their bolts ceased, their axes began slashing. And finally, Jarl Sigmar was the conqueror of Tevarin.

Shortly after a truce was signed between the Kingdoms of Nords and Swadia, Jarl Sigmar became the master of Castle Tevarin. That was when Lady Svipul decided that she'd like to see her least favorite persuader again, whose message Jarl Sigamr dismissed. It was during this time that Sigmar visited Geneiava more frequently. Finally in Veluca, he proposed to Lady Geneiava. The Rhodoks was still at war with the Swadians at the time, therefore a wedding couldn't be held. Being already engaged with Geneiava, Sigmar thought he'd no longer hear from the other ladies.

He was wrong; a week after the marriage was arranged, Jarl Sigmar received words from Lady Svipul, who he continued to woo until his wedding. When the war between the Rhodoks and the Swadians finally ended, Jarl Sigmar of the Nords and Lady Geneiava of the Rhodoks was finally wedded. And he stopped hearing words from the other Ladies.

Two month later, Jarl Sigmar attended a feast held at the great hall of Sagorth, the Kingdom of Nords, where he met Lady Svipul again. A common conversation ensured, and as every lady, she whispered that she still remembered Sigmar's visits to her. Then she told him that her father would never allowed him to wed her, which he told her that they should've eloped, and so they did.

Now Jarl Sigmar, a vassal of Kingdom Ragnar, is betrothed with two ladies from two kingdoms, and his punishment has so far escaped him.

What an a**.

Captured Joe said:
Yes! Write an AAR! You're the best! :grin:

lcmiracle said:
Now Jarl Sigmar, a vassal of Kingdom Ragnar, is betrothed with two ladies from two kingdoms, and his punishment has so far escaped him.
Two wives is punishment enough, I'd say...
Calradian pimps.  :cool:

lcmiracle said:
Mkhedari said:
How'd you get 240-ish men?  A mod? :shock:

High leadership skill, high charisma, and a high amount of renown.

Indeed.  I have a character who started out with the Nords.  He has 3400 renown and 8 leadership skill.  I can fit roughly 260 men in my army.

Biggiesized said:
lcmiracle said:
Mkhedari said:
How'd you get 240-ish men?  A mod? :shock:

High leadership skill, high charisma, and a high amount of renown.

Indeed.  I have a character who started out with the Nords.  He has 3400 renown and 8 leadership skill.  I can fit roughly 260 men in my army.
I'm still puzzled.  Charisma only increases party size by one.  8 Leadership would increase party size by 40.  And I have no idea how you got that much renown.  I have a campaign in which I'm kinda Swadia's perma-marshall.  I've captured dozens of castles, wiped out hundreds of armies, and generally have been pretty active.  My Renown can't seem to get past 2000.

And how do you keep up the moral of an army so huge when M&B's soldiers are all apparently introverted misanthropes?  I'm not saying you're lying or cheating or anything, I'm just confused.

I'm still puzzled.  Charisma only increases party size by one.  8 Leadership would increase party size by 40.  And I have no idea how you got that much renown.  I have a campaign in which I'm kinda Swadia's perma-marshall.  I've captured dozens of castles, wiped out hundreds of armies, and generally have been pretty active.  My Renown can't seem to get past 2000.

And how do you keep up the moral of an army so huge when M&B's soldiers are all apparently introverted misanthropes?  I'm not saying you're lying or cheating or anything, I'm just confused.

Well to answer your question, my game is modified. I changed how much leadership skill and charisma affects my party's size and morale; I found it ridiculous how large the lords army became late-game.
But to be quite honest, it is not impossible to get 4k+ renown in the game if you spent 300+ in-game days building up to it.
So...
13464281.jpg

Back when the game was still 1.47, I had file that was 357 days in-game. Unfortunately it never went anywhere

Mkhedari said:
You need to win battles with renown payout of 20 per round.
If you regularly win battles like that, morale is not a big problem. 

I don't know how OP does it, but I run around with an army much smaller than I can field, and use excess slots for rescuing prisoners, which I immediately dump into garrison.  For example, I took most of Rhodoks within one week.  Most fortresses with garrisons which outnumber me by from 2:1 to 4:1 I took within a single round.  My current army size is 200-ish and I rarely field more than 130. 

another trick is decrease battle size to 30 and attack a king if u have 100 troops and king have 450 u get around 30 renown per battle (i think it take about 10 battle to finish it) so in average u get 150 renown for defeating 1 army.

Mkhedari said:

Well, back in Vanilla Mount&Blade, I had a Khergit army of 300+ men mainly from renown and some leadership, I had conquered pretty much all of Calradia, half of it for the Khergit Khanate (for the claimant guy), and the other half for me :lol:

Edit: Anyways, on-topic: The mini-AAR was a nice read, thanks.

Amontadillo said:
It's not altogether that difficult to defeat those guys on high battlesize either, and you get more renown for it.
i didn't say its difficult, i say u can win multiple times and always get high amount of renown. if u increase battle size u only get this amount of renown once,
450 vs 100 -> battle size 30 -> 10 rounds of battle almost 150 renown
450 vs 100 -> battle size 150 -> 2 rounds of battle almost 40 renown.
its boring tedious but rewarding.

Amontadillo said:
It's not altogether that difficult to defeat those guys on high battlesize either, and you get more renown for it.
  Until you mod the game, there is a cap of 50 renown per round, so omega's way is more efficient.

Anyways, my personal opinion is that the game plays best with battlesize not higher than default cap of 150. and even a bit less for some maps.  Especially sieges look a bit crazy with guys falling off the walls, you being stuck and all that.  Field battles can be modded to cope with higher number of fielded troops, though.

personally when i really need renown (beginning of game), i find a huge, low lvl army and attack it with 30 battle size, but it get boring after sometime so when i hit around 1500 renown i wont do this anymore.

in open field i set it in 150 and in siege around 50.

Back
Top Bottom