So have they reduced stone damage from Looters or am i seeing things wrong here? (Still stands)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

So there was an post i cant find rn about looters being doing to much damage against you when having heavy armor. I have an T5-T6 armor so not fully set but i count it as light heavy then..... and i only take 5-8 in damage here right now with decent skills compared to the 14-17 i think you get naked....Am i missing something here or was that just principles or have it been fixed since then ? If so deleate this one ^^ Also do i need to stand more still for them to activate those lazer aims people are talking about ?

RE: I was wrong since back in Sept the stones could also deal 6 on an naked guy so yeah i would recommend to negate the value on heavy armor but since its so low on your total bar i would recommend to higher the damage a notch and have armor negate some more since 5-8 isnt much on you at this level.
But also we must think about you at the start so Looters dont become to OP and bring you down to easy or contrary armor absorbs to much either...

My humble apologies to the one making the thread in september since you where right in the bigger scheme of things even if i only argued mostly against the lazer aim then i did an oopsie now ^^

Even if it wasnt a big fuzz its still right, they should fix this!

Last edited:
Im trying to find an historical video about it but idk if 5-8 is correct. (new report you can take 9 to the head)...ik its peacetime and im bored xD But i said i was gonna try it out so here we are

Last edited:
I think they should have less rocks maybe 6 tops. I understand the argument about yeah they can just pick them up off the ground but they're not picking them up off the ground in the middle of a fight for the most part.

Just sometimes when you get hit by a stone, it should just glance off your armor and do no damage at all.
Oh com uuun
mGmH_xZ__400x400.jpg

they are a joke at this stage...this is just being picky...especially on an game, at highest difficulty settings to add...

But never underestimate the looters though, because they can be hardcore at times when bunching up on you, of which they should...The pitchfork ex is no joke against cavs ^^ and im being serious...

Also the post was about stones neglating armor which they dont since i take more damage naked. That is if they havent changed it...then my apologis

Last edited:
They're much less of a threat than they were at launch, but they can still drop you pretty quick if you're being careless. They don't have their laser-assist rocks anymore. I can remember many times I'd be charging a looter and see him turn around and throw behind him which still managed to hit me in the head as I was riding by. They don't do that anymore, thankfully.

One thing I notice about looters is they'll keep throwing their rocks until you're right up in their face. Other ranged troops switch to melee when you get within 7-8 ft of them, but the looters manage to get another couple throws in at point blank range

but the looters manage to get another couple throws in at point blank range
Its because they are specialized in rock throwing training at the festivals on witches and poor people in general that have been in bad twists with the peasant mob and nobles. Hens they liked it to much that they became looters just for the sports...But yeah i remember the 180 quick scope days way back even with archers....Spear men do it sometimes still though but thats fair quick reflexes as i see it as i as a player also can react and thrust if i hear something is comming

Also do i need to stand more still for them to activate those lazer aims people are talking about ?

The heat-seeking missile aim of the rocks appears to have been fixed. I remember when I started playing, it was almost impossible to dodge their rocks - they'd literally hit when I was moving, stationary, stuttering back and forth (like WFAS bullet dodging if you've played that), stopping and then charging past on horseback, just anything and I would just still get it. It was like they had a magnetic draw to my face. Now they appear to miss a lot more often, which is way more fun and I'm sure much more forgiving and less frustrating to new players. It was a huge turn-off to me when I started, very jarring and dumb. It reminded me of the tier 1 crappy riflemen shooting you off horseback from miles away out of sight range in WFAS which is probably why nobody plays it (I actually completed it anyway just because I really like this series). I would imagine most new players would be like, wait, what? eff this. And quit immediately.

They also appear to do less damage, thankfully. A pitchfork thrust to the face can still really hurt though, I've had one take off like maybe 1/3 health in one shot even with max tier 6 armor (52-armor helmet) in late game. I would say with my 13 companions, most of whom are also maxed with tier 6-ish armor and good fighting skills, we can mop up 100 looters with at most 1-2 losses. Personally I think this is good balance. Why would I want looters to be a challenge in late-game when I have superarmor? They still do some damage though, enough that you can't just stand there and cut. You still have to dodge, block and such when fighting a bunch at once. But with high athletics skill you can kind of dance around them and avoid most damage, which is good in my opinion.

I would prefer further nerfs, like @stevehoos says, some rocks should just bounce off of armor for sure.

Looters should suck, and in late-game they should serve to show how much more powerful your player has become when you can roll them relatively easily.

The heat-seeking missile aim of the rocks appears to have been fixed

Yeah but it was stated around this time in sept so idk about that

Damn it was 6 then to xD mb well then the thread was right!

Last edited:
I could be wrong, I don't fight looters much these days. I'd have to start a new game to be sure.
Yeah the lazer wasnt but they where right about the stones going thru hvy armor....was me who was wrong about this since i remembered the damage wrong when i was naked before and now when i see this it should be fixed for sure. My suggestion is to raise the damage but calculate with armor as usual as i think they also did back then

Last edited:
So there was an post i cant find rn about looters being doing to much damage against you when having heavy armor. I have an T5-T6 armor so not fully set but i count it as light heavy then..... and i only take 5-8 in damage here right now with decent skills compared to the 14-17 i think you get naked....Am i missing something here or was that just principles or have it been fixed since then ? If so deleate this one ^^ Also do i need to stand more still for them to activate those lazer aims people are talking about ?

RE: I was wrong since back in Sept the stones could also deal 6 on an naked guy so yeah i would recommend to negate the value on heavy armor but since its so low on your total bar i would recommend to higher the damage a notch and have armor negate some more since 5-8 isnt much on you at this level.
But also we must think about you at the start so Looters dont become to OP and bring you down to easy or contrary armor absorbs to much either...

My humble apologies to the one making the thread in september since you where right in the bigger scheme of things even if i only argued mostly against the lazer aim then i did an oopsie now ^^

Even if it wasnt a big fuzz its still right, they should fix this!

Yeah that was me
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ase-have-some-sense-about-damage-calc.431401/

I'm still salty about and no amount of cleared maps will un-salt me! When I do horrific things to obtain that heavy as **** armor (that the devs don't want us to have) I want little :poop: troops to ding me for zero!
If some little :poop: with a pitchfork can stab through what you're wearing IT'S NOT ARMOR! Execute the blacksmith!

Yeah that was me
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ase-have-some-sense-about-damage-calc.431401/

I'm still salty about and no amount of cleared maps will un-salt me! When I do horrific things to obtain that heavy as **** armor (that the devs don't want us to have) I want little :poop: troops to ding me for zero!
If some little :poop: with a pitchfork can stab through what you're wearing IT'S NOT ARMOR! Execute the blacksmith!
Yes you where most def right but i couldnt be certain about it before i tried it out prop. However its not high damage but still since you take the same being naked its just stupid

Last edited:
I think its because, for some reason, they made blunt damage negate all armor, which doesn't make any sense at all. Even in Warband, blunt did best against heavy armor, but it never just completely bypassed it.

The solution is to have armor stop the first x number of points of blunt damage, rather than a straight percentage, and then reduce any remaining damage slightly. A solid hit with a heavy mace could do serious damage, but hitting someone with a stick would just bounce off. Rocks should ideally be enough to JUST ABOUT bypass the minimum, so depending on the size of the rock, movement, and the strength of the thrower, they might do a couple of points of damage at absolute most against heavy armor, but would still provide some modest threat against lighter protection.

Think about it, throw a rock at a sheet of metal. If it hits lightly, it simply bounces off, possibly marring the surface slightly. Throw it harder and it leaves a small dent that any padding beneath would absorb. Throw it really hard and the metal shows a significant "ding" that will hurt and very likely cause problems for anyone wearing it, padding or not. Metal doesn't stop a percentage, it completely negates and absorbs or reflects up to some amount, and then begins to deform.

Any simplistic equation for damage (or most other effects) tends to look unrealistic, because reality generally consists of multiple factors. The trick is to find a balance between fixed and variable factors, or random versus static probabilities, to simulate reality while maintaining playability. The computer is easily capable of it, without too much additional overhead processing compared to all of the other things going on. A GOOD simulation is one where things happen more-or-less as one would expect in reality, which is generally reasonably playable, and can be further tweaked from there to balance "realism" versus "gameplay" as required. A simplistic solution will generally fail at one end of its range, or both, making it clearly unrealistic and too often unplayable or ridiculously unbalanced.

Last edited:
I think its because, for some reason, they made blunt damage negate all armor, which doesn't make any sense at all. Even in Warband, blunt did best against heavy armor, but it never just completely bypassed it.
Yeah piercing weapons were a must against heavily armored opponents in WB. I would usually use a sword/axe but I had a spiked mace with me in my inventory and changed it out depending on what kind of forces I'd be facing. Man I miss having the inventory chest that use to spawn in field battles it was so damn convenient.

Yeah piercing weapons were a must against heavily armored opponents in WB. I would usually use a sword/axe but I had a spiked mace with me in my inventory and changed it out depending on what kind of forces I'd be facing. Man I miss having the inventory chest that use to spawn in field battles it was so damn convenient.
Yeah, I really miss the chest too. I hope they bring it back someday

Back
Top Bottom