So about those board games (no, seriously)

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's a great idea to have a distinct board game for each culture. It improves immersion and gives the world more depth. I had some thoughts on what else could be done with these games.

1. Depth. Each game should be well designed and deep enough that an optimal strategy can't be quickly found. It took a computer like 30 years to solve Checkers, so I'm not too concerned about this. The games should be complicated. Mount & Blade has never pandered to a softcore audience.

2. Integration with stats. Due to the increased battle size I think the Tactics skill would be pretty much useless in Bannerlord, so they'll probably change it or replace in with some other stat. It would be cool if performing well in board games gave you some bonus to this stat or otherwise helped you as a commander.
    Unlocking new formations would be neat, but then they would have to be locked in the first place, which I typically hate in games, and I think there's a better way to go about it. Your character could have a stat, much like a weapon proficiency, which replaces Tactics. Performing well in board games or in battle, especially again long odds, would improve said stat, much like renoun. A higher score in this stat would allow your character to make suggestions to you in either field.

3. Multiplayer. I think someone on this board suggested (perhaps jokingly) that there sould be multiplayer board games. Some maps could have easter eggs in the form of game boards you can sit down and play at, but what would be better than that is a matchmaking system with Elo ratings (this would also be a good addition to the actual game). Even better, a mobile app so you could login to the same profile and play from your phone, with cross-platform support. Bullet gamemodes would also be good to discourage the use of AI.

4. Gamesets as merchandise. A lot of people would probably be willing to buy real-life game boards as Bannerlord merch. What are we doing with our lives?

So, any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom