Snowflake Chinese upset about the traditional Chinese language named "TW" not "china" and TaleWorlds Bends the Knee To China

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Hwu s messages/posts TELLS IT ALL
Just look at them https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?search/1709862/
He is so feaking fixate on China like its his water and bread aka like he is person aly paid to go on formus and go full anti China .

Hwu you alredy EXOSED yourself for what you are.
well, tell me how do i make this up?

It's all happened and I just see what i see then saying it

Oh yeah! you got me. Agent GrandiousBrain,
I was paid by CIA, FBI and SIS.

If my mission is paid to attack China then how do I not spamming anti china everyday?

It looks genuine, there are plenty of HK and TW internet activists trying to attack China at every opportunity. As well as Chinese mainland loyalists.
I just wanna to put the thing up there and let more people knows what's it happening , it's been a topic in the "TC" community.

I am indifferent. We wanted to add language support to the forum for those two variations of Chinese language to make it easier for people who use those languages to use the forum. There were complaints about the CN and TW not necessarily representing what people were actually using those languages since it is not actually specific to a single country, and the political unease between the two separate countries (see what I did there?), so we removed both country shortcode references and switched them to SC & TC to represent what the language variations are actually referred to.

As far as I'm concerned, we can always just remove both language packs if a lot of people (beyond this one currently vocal person who is so late to the party) want to make a political uproar about such a nonissue, and just let those users deal with English forum language. Or Turkish or Russian, whichever they like.
The most weird part is your staff explain "TW" is just a ISO include system but in final you just made decision to make it became a "friendly word" to Chinese players just because "TW" will hurt their feelings.

As your staff explain about ISO, So many Enterprise actually using "zh-tw" language to provide Traditional Chinese users for reading.
Like Blizzard, EA, UBISOFT, PlayStation, even the Microsoft are using "ZH-TW" for Traditional Chinese users.

I don't know how it become a political unease just because a Chinese player got mad since so many enterprise are used.
And I didn't see these company get any trouble because "TW" and also they have business in China.

It just make me feelings like you have to appease their feelings but also I have to act sit on the fence.

Btw if you really "indifferent" then why you make it changed so quickly?

And hope I can help you make it clear, I'm not the one who bring the political uproar.
gFKmurz.jpg

Last edited:
They also removed CN that stands for China. Now tell me how is that pro-Chinese? The admins are trying to please everyone, but you still complain.
Did any Chinese complain about the removal of CN? Then why should you? Who is the snowflake now?

Btw if you really "indifferent" then why you make it changed so quickly?
I changed it fairly quickly largely due to my indifference, and it was a trivial change taking less than a minute of effort.

Why did it take you so long to raise a stink, did it take this long for you to notice? This change was made back in January and yours is the first complaint I've heard.

I changed it fairly quickly largely due to my indifference, and it was a trivial change taking less than a minute of effort.

Why did it take you so long to raise a stink, did it take this long for you to notice? This change was made back in January and yours is the first complaint I've heard.
Coz I even don't know it's happened,
The notice pop out from September 2020,
then someone bring it to political in January 2021.
Why you not ask the same question who complain it after 4 months ago?
Oh that was my bad, I should bookmark every post I've seen.
And back to the topic, you still not answer my question yet.
They also removed CN that stands for China. Now tell me how is that pro-Chinese? The admins are trying to please everyone, but you still complain.
Did any Chinese complain about the removal of CN? Then why should you? Who is the snowflake now?
Ofc they don't ,because "C" bought them to orgasmic, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese all belongs to "Chinese" in their point of view.

I've already answer and explain it in my post and response, please read over then oppose my view of point.

Last edited:
how it become a political unease just because a Chinese player got mad since so many enterprise are used?
That sentence doesn't entirely make sense, it seems poorly translated. Are you trying to ask why we made the change because a Chinese player got mad?

If so, there was more than one person complaining as I recall, one of which was the usual "Taiwan isn't a separate country" nonsense from a Chinese user. Not a huge concern, but largely something that could lead to sparking more conflict on our forums between users which the moderation staff would then need to deal with.

There was brief discussion among moderation team members, some from the US, some from various parts of Europe, and others from various other countries. One moderator pointed out that the country codes don't even necessarily fully reflect which people would be using those languages, since Traditional Chinese isn't used solely in Taiwan, nor is Simplified Chinese solely used in China. Removing references to both countries in the language names made sense as a compromise and was a trivial change. So, we went with that.

Indeed, Taiwan is no longer referenced, nor is China. Unless you consider "Chinese" for the language being a reference to China, as you seem to, but... well, that's what the language is universally referred to, at least in English. What else would you call it?

EDIT:
Just to add, the developers (official full-time TaleWorlds employees) were not even consulted for this change. It was discussed and changed solely between our moderation staff and myself.

Last edited:
That sentence doesn't entirely make sense, it seems poorly translated. Are you trying to ask why we made the change because a Chinese player got mad?

If so, there was more than one person complaining as I recall, one of which was the usual "Taiwan isn't a separate country" nonsense from a Chinese user. Not a huge concern, but largely something that could lead to sparking more conflict on our forums between users which the moderation staff would then need to deal with.

There was brief discussion among moderation team members, some from the US, some from various parts of Europe, and others from various other countries. One moderator pointed out that the country codes don't even necessarily fully reflect which people would be using those languages, since Traditional Chinese isn't used solely in Taiwan, nor is Simplified Chinese solely used in China. Removing references to both countries in the language names made sense as a compromise and was a trivial change. So, we went with that.

Indeed, Taiwan is no longer referenced, nor is China. Unless you consider "Chinese" for the language being a reference to China, as you seem to, but... well, that's what the language is universally referred to, at least in English. What else would you call it?

EDIT:
Just to add, the developers (official full-time TaleWorlds employees) were not even consulted for this change. It was discussed and changed solely between our moderation staff and myself.
First I am sorry about my broken English to make you confused my question.

The question I was actually asking was How "ISO" become something conflict issues just because Chinese unhappy to see what they see?
"ISO" just a neutral term to present the language where's the people using.
Many enterprise are used "ISO" system to present the language to their users, could it be lead them to some conflict issue?

Imagine one day British people gonna come out and complain "EN-US" was uncomfortable to them,
Since English isn't used solely in US or UK, will you make it change if in this scenario?

It's just sounds like have to appease their feelings to avoiding any conflict/trouble could be happen.

No doubt, China is super rich nowadays. Many international companies were owned by Chinese investors and they have the power to give opinion to support their political position.

Still remember Blizzard which Banned the Esports Player After Pro-Hong Kong Comments?
Chinese won't happy any criticism about CCP and their country so Blizzard made the decision before it cause controversy and conflict to against China and affect their Chinese investor's fund support .

But things shouldn't go like that, it's just like the whole world have to follow China's plan and their rules if you wanna to earn their money.
I mean they can do whatever they like with their rules in their place but stay the f**k away from my country.

Sorry...It just ridiculous to see how a neutral-term words become something conflict issues because of their political opinions and disappointing you made the decision yield to them.

Last edited:
The question I was actually asking was How "ISO" become something conflict issues just because Chinese unhappy to see what they see?
"ISO" just a neutral term to present the language where's the people using.
Many enterprise are used "ISO" system to present the language to their users, could it be lead them to some conflict issue?
By ISO, you mean the country codes? I don't see them as particularly necessary when the language title is there, and I've already explained our reasoning for replacing them.

There's not really a huge need for "US" or "UK" being noted in regards to English, as there are mostly just a few differences in spelling and vocabulary which are fairly inconsequential, but those are what are used to denote the two nearly identical variants of English generally used throughout the world. They could also be written as "UK English" and "US English" (instead of for instance "English (US)"). If, for instance, they were generally referred to "Traditional English" and "Simplified English", that would be fine too. But, they're not.

Here's the main thing, though: If denoting a country code for any other languages supported on the forums was likely to lead to a lot of conflict on the forum between users (and again more trouble for moderation staff), and removing the country code(s) would stand a good chance of preventing much of that, you can bet I'd make changes in that case too. Does that make sense to you?

My native tongue isn't even covered by the forums. I'm a starving man watching another complain about the food with his belly full.
Yeah, mine too. Want to hear the empire's infantry shouting 'Kur** mać!' I don't care about the forum-supported languages. I am just glad I can type English as my Turkish is rather bad. Merhaba...

Last edited:
The change to using the phrases simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese is more correct. Traditionally Chinese is used by a lot of Chinese diaspora communities throughout the world and even a large percentage of people in mainland China can read it. Also simplified Chinese is used outside of mainland China as well, for example in Singapore.

I feel like the reason the Republic of China (which is the official name of the government in control of Taiwan) is commonly referred to as Taiwan by none ethnically Chinese people is because the average none ethnically Chinese person doesn't understand the difference between the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China. During the time I studied at an American university, I noticed almost every time I told someone that I was from the Republic of China, they thought misunderstood that as me being from mainland China. I eventually just started saying I was from Taiwan because it caused a lot less confusion.

Imo people bringing politics to game forums like China/Taiwan, Armenia/Genocide, Russia/Crimea, should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom