Snowflake Chinese upset about the traditional Chinese language named "TW" not "china" and TaleWorlds Bends the Knee To China

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HwuSam

Recruit
KvEdJQT.png

A snowflake Chinese player upset about the traditional Chinese language named "TW" not "china" in Chinese Mount&blade forum

Translation:

[Help]How TaleWorlds forum named traditional Chinese is TW? *(TW which mean Taiwan)

Holy ****! How dare TaleWorlds forum named traditional chinese "TW"?
Can our Chinese forum report about that?

jVC8Ukg.png

Link:​

Here's the Staff response and see how TaleWorlds Bends the Knee To China

Translation:

gFKmurz.jpg

Whatever...I was lazy to doing the translation of staff response. You may google translate what he say or save your time to see the image on below to quick and tell you:

Chinese player after crying and the changed NOW

X95Ad6i.png

You know what? TaleWorlds, i guess you have to changed your company name too! Coz TaleWorlds in short is "TW"

Last edit in 10/5/2021** Photo translation more correctly

Last edited:
So you complain that the language options are now called (SC) simplified Chinese and (TC) traditional Chinese, with latter one fitting better that TW since it does not get only spoken in Taiwan but also other countries like China?
Perhaps, if we are lucky, they are also renaming English (US) to English (GB) or add that as an option ^^

So you complain that the language options are now called (SC) simplified Chinese and (TC) traditional Chinese, with latter one fitting better that TW since it does not get only spoken in Taiwan but also other countries like China?
Perhaps, if we are lucky, they are also renaming English (US) to English (GB) or add that as an option ^^
I think you even don't read the response about ISO and misleading the discussion.
And why so quick to move my post to low streaming thread after i posted 15 mins ago?
Scared to let more people know my post?
jpLUJbF.png

You see
Here's the story

Staff:
Wow...chinese player unhappy to see "TW" exist

Ohhh no i have to earn chinese money and get their fund support
I got to do something to make joyful to chinese

OK... NO "TW" anymore! ALL HAPPY!

You are just trying to argue your way out of this, but the truth beats arguments. No matter how hard you argue, you cannot change what happened.

Last edited:
Moderators at the forum are no staff members. We are no employees or anything similar. It's also not my section, I didn't move the thread, can't do such. Not sure what you have expected though, for each thread topic there is an appropriate place.

I am also not trying to argue my way out of this, simply because I don't need to. In my opinion Taiwan is an independent country and not a part of China. Still, the shorttags for both are better since not everyone knows well about the ISO and it reflects better the chinese names of the languages. Those have by the way not been changed, merely a '-' was removed which was simply not needed.

Moderators at the forum are no staff members. We are no employees or anything similar. It's also not my section, I didn't move the thread, can't do such. Not sure what you have expected though, for each thread topic there is an appropriate place.

I am also not trying to argue my way out of this, simply because I don't need to. In my opinion Taiwan is an independent country and not a part of China. Still, the shorttags for both are better since not everyone knows well about the ISO and it reflects better the chinese names of the languages. Those have by the way not been changed, merely a '-' was removed which was simply not needed.
Who knows? I can see you still trying hard to defend the company reputation.
Still remember the Taiwan player who banned for 10 years?
Every move your company did we've seen clearly.

I trust peoples are not blind.

And why so quick to move my post to low streaming thread after i posted 15 mins ago?
I was the one to move your thread, as it was posted in the On-Topic (game related) board, that i moderate in, and this board is appropriate for Forum related topics, as the name of the board suggests.
Threads get moved arround like this all the time, and i`m sure it will get seen by many people that are interested in this issue.

He's right that they did back down from their ISO conventions (which is unusual?), but tried to find a solution that would remove references to both countries.
I wonder who decided to appease the Chinese players (or those who notice this at all) and why. It's such a non-issue in the first place, that it should be ignored if someone brings it up.

I am indifferent. We wanted to add language support to the forum for those two variations of Chinese language to make it easier for people who use those languages to use the forum. There were complaints about the CN and TW not necessarily representing what people were actually using those languages since it is not actually specific to a single country, and the political unease between the two separate countries (see what I did there?), so we removed both country shortcode references and switched them to SC & TC to represent what the language variations are actually referred to.

As far as I'm concerned, we can always just remove both language packs if a lot of people (beyond this one currently vocal person who is so late to the party) want to make a political uproar about such a nonissue, and just let those users deal with English forum language. Or Turkish or Russian, whichever they like.

Well, they need to learn English anyway.
I thought the admins initial ISO position is the most principled - You don't like it? Change the standard, don't bother us.
Or you could nuke the problem and remove the two-letter codes altogether. They'll figure it out.

Oh, well that sounds like you guys tried to take the middle ground and that's applaudable, given that no side of this will be pleased if the other seemingly "takes the cake". It's insane that something like this is triggering people.

I do remember the whole shenanigan with people (many of them western players) baiting Chinese players with racist insults in MP, the aforementioned people rightfully getting banned for their behavior and then coming here to try and raise hell over Taleworlds "censoring" them, which I would guess was what they were going for to begin with. Is this a second attempt at something similar? Seems pretty out there.

Edit: in fact that whole thing was also pushed for by this very OP. Just check their post history. Curious isn't it?

Last edited:
I do remember the whole shenanigan with people (many of them western players) baiting Chinese players with racist insults in MP, the aforementioned people rightfully getting banned for their behavior and then coming here to try and raise hell over Taleworlds "censoring" them, which I would guess was what they were going for to begin with. Is this a second attempt at something similar? Seems pretty out there.

Edit: in fact that whole thing was also pushed for by this very OP. Just check their post history. Curious isn't it?
This Hwu s messages/posts TELLS IT ALL
Just look at them https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?search/1709862/
He is so feaking fixate on China like its his water and bread aka like he is person aly paid to go on formus and go full anti China .
KvEdJQT.png

A snowflake Chinese player upset about the traditional Chinese language named "TW" not "china" in Chinese Mount&blade forum

Translation:

[Help]How TaleWorlds forum named traditional Chinese is TW? *(TW which mean Taiwan)

Holy ****! How dare TaleWorlds forum named traditional chinese "TW"?
Can our Chinese forum report about that?

FKh1thP.png

Link:​

Here's the Staff response and see how TaleWorlds Bends the Knee To China

Translation:

9PTRkzX.jpg

Whatever...I was lazy to doing the translation of staff response. You may google translate what he say or save your time to see the image on below to quick and tell you:

Chinese player after crying and the changed NOW

X95Ad6i.png

You know what? TaleWorlds, i guess you have to changed your company name too! Coz TaleWorlds in short is "TW"
Hwu you alredy EXOSED yourself for what you are.

Last edited:
It looks genuine, there are plenty of HK and TW internet activists trying to attack China at every opportunity. As well as Chinese mainland loyalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom