Snow ball starts to roll again? (1.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

solsnake

Recruit
After 1.3 upgrade, I start two new campaigns.

First campaign: after 1.5 years, west empire got only two cities left, north empire two cities left, Sturgia three cites left.

Second campaign: other factions acting normal, but west empire got only one city left after only 2 years.

I only test two campaigns, dont know if this is a common issue. Have you met same problem?

my friend told me in his new 1.3 campaign, sturgia got only one city left in just one and half year

it seems snowball rolls again in 1.3, hope devs team notice this.

Yes, I was doin only trades and blacksmith to see how they are profitable, when I wanted to join a kingdom, I saw that one of the empires got destroyed, and on kingdom diplomacy section, khuzait has 10k army

Can confirm snowballing effect is back on again with the new patch. Western Empire, Battania and Khuzait steamrolling their neighbours within 1.5 years

Garrisons and militias need to be beefed up. Cities change hands too easily
just militia needs a number buff perhaps something like this for castles 100-400 and for city 400-900
Yes. Thats why i changed it. It is very simple. Each point in militia size bonus gives +20 troops. So +10 for castles and +15 for cities is totaly fine.
+ you can increase ammount of well trained militia.

And you can increase it midgame (but dont go to high, becouse decreasing doesnt work)

Hotfix should hopefully fix this. IT was probably the fact villagers and caravans were getting stuck so the economy of those kingdoms prob died and made it easy to take over.

Here is few simulations in 1.3

and last screenshot in details

My thoughts:
-sally out problem in 1.3.0
-Snowballing increases
-Not enough troops in castles
-NPC now recruit way more troops yearly. On avrage in versions 1.1-v1.2 34181,3 and 46349,3 now ~135%.

Last edited:
It happened in both my campaigns. One faction suddenly steamrolls everything.

Can't you join one of the factions fighting the early big power to set them back? I usually find myself focusing on just building up my renown, wallet, and troops in the early part and watching which kingdom looks the most likely to snowball early on and then be a Merc or Vassal for their most vulnerable neighbor. Much easier to turn the tide as a Vassal though since you can actually form Armies and get cities/castles as a reward.

Also I use the Shattered Kingdoms mod to stunt the snowballing. Basically breaks up every faction into 5 or 6 smaller factions. Makes for a cool world with mods that give different clans different banners. The only downside I find is that since a lot of the new factions are clans made into their own kingdom they can't 'give up' their kingdom status and become vassals for a larger victiorius kingdom so a lot of clans effectively die along with their kingdoms and there are less clans as the game goes on compared to a regular game where most clans other than the royal ones switch to a new kingdom if their original one dies.

Can't you join one of the factions fighting the early big power to set them back? I usually find myself focusing on just building up my renown, wallet, and troops in the early part and watching which kingdom looks the most likely to snowball early on and then be a Merc or Vassal for their most vulnerable neighbor. Much easier to turn the tide as a Vassal though since you can actually form Armies and get cities/castles as a reward.

And probably pick Aserai or some corner too. I was soooo happy with myself getting a bunch of centre map estate. Hah.

Also I use the Shattered Kingdoms mod to stunt the snowballing. Basically breaks up every faction into 5 or 6 smaller factions. Makes for a cool world with mods that give different clans different banners. The only downside I find is that since a lot of the new factions are clans made into their own kingdom they can't 'give up' their kingdom status and become vassals for a larger victiorius kingdom so a lot of clans effectively die along with their kingdoms and there are less clans as the game goes on compared to a regular game where most clans other than the royal ones switch to a new kingdom if their original one dies.

If a faction declare wars to 3-4 other factions early in the game, I dont think anyone would able to help them fight back, especially on the highest difficulty. Trust me i am a very good player and played 200+hours already. But in the latest 1.3 campaign, west empire declare war to three other factions in 1085. I am just a level 2 family, less than 100 troops, I think i already try my best to help west empire but I couldn't. West empire wiped out in 1086 spring, and north empire wiped out in 1087.

I think it's due to the broken sally out mechanic. Defenders sally out even if there are 4 looters in the vicinity, against all odds, hence all castles and towns change hands too easily.

Currently I switch back and forth as a merc, helping the underdogs, until I can make my own kingdom.

But in this playthrough the southern empire was destroyed in a few hours right at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom