Sneaking into Towns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this now impossible? I have been saving/reloading to see if there is even a fraction of a chance at succeeding at this, but after about 30 tries the guards have discovered me EVERY time.

How else am I supposed to rescue this Duke from Sarleon? I had a nearby town light a fire and everything. Not once have I been able to sneak in. Is this a bug? Or are my stats just not good enough?

Phyro said:
Is this now impossible? I have been saving/reloading to see if there is even a fraction of a chance at succeeding at this, but after about 30 tries the guards have discovered me EVERY time.

How else am I supposed to rescue this Duke from Sarleon? I had a nearby town light a fire and everything. Not once have I been able to sneak in. Is this a bug? Or are my stats just not good enough?

It is possible, haven't figured out what governs your chances. But Save/Reload most likely will never work given the RNG you are just loading the same variable over and over which is you getting caught.

If you defeat the guards after being caught you can still continue with the rescue.

when you show up with 200 men in front of the city the guards tend to be more attentive. Try going there just with 20 men

Small party size, a fast approach, no towns, castles or villages near the location have noticed you. All of this will help you sneak in.

Remember that when you are inside you don't have your regular gear, you only have a robe, a staff and throwing dagerrs. so once you approach the prison guard be ready for a fight, after you go inside the prison and come back out with the prisoner, you will have your full gear back on, this will make the fighting much easier.

the adjustments to troops in PoP makes fighting off the gaurds in the "sneak into town" gear almost impossible, so unless your strength and agility attributes and throwing and polearms profs are through the roof and iron skin, power strike, and power throw skills are at 10 it may be better to either take the castle/town by force to rescue prisoners(abandoning it if you can't hold it) or wait for peacetime to get your lords back. 

now if the devs would give us better armour and weapons for fighting the gaurds, or just let us use our own gear, that would be much better.

I also have failed to sneak into a town. I appreciate the stats are the same each time you reload, but I have also tried coming back several times but still no chance. You are warned by someone in the game, (cannot remember who), that you must approach unnoticed with a small party, which is what I did except for asking the local town to light a fire. I have managed a few sneak in's with native mode, but the odds were still againsy your success. Rescuing someone from a town you yourself are not at war with was a much fairer challenge.

HunterAlpha1 said:
now if the devs would give us better armour and weapons for fighting the gaurds, or just let us use our own gear, that would be much better.

The gear you are using when sneaking into town is a Native setup.
Also it would make no sense if you could "sneak" into town with a full set of armor, by which you can also be recognised. you would wear something that would help you blend in with the locals.

Sneaking into towns was never changed in PoP and it is pretty much all default WB styles there.. There are several complaints about that overall, just the way you sneak in is always is like the way in Native, with a wonderful Cloth Garments and a Staff..

The best suggestion I can give, is always try to sneak into town with your troops at around 20-40 people, then you should be able to sneak in without any problems.. Also if you use the fire trick with the adjacent village of the Town/Castle, then you'll only have to deal with One guard after you get inside, and just block like crazy and hit em when you can :smile:..

Also remember, you only need to get the prison guard down, so if you have multiple adds somehow, and you get the Prison guard down first, immediately grab those keys and go inside, and the moment you come outside you'll be in your full armor and everything.

Back
Top Bottom