Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
I don't generally try to sneak into a town, I don't bother with the devious quests or whatever you want to call them. But,,,,

I am leader of the aserai. The Sturgians, who we are at war with, had just won a siege over Baltakhand. Before they could get into the town I was able to engage and defeat them. So I go to besiege the town and notice it says I can try to sneak in. I figure, 'why not?', there is no garrison or militia guarding it so it should be successful. If not, I'll just retreat and besiege it. Nope. I fail (I suspect its automatic) and my only option is surrender. There's not even a 'try to fight your way out' option.

Plain and simple..
1) If the enemy has no military in the town I should be able to just walk in.
2) If you feel they shouldn't be able to be attacked before they move in, then fix it so after they are successful in their siege they are immediately in the town.
3) The guards continue to try to have me bribe them to release me for over 500k. How come the leaders of other factions always ask for ransoms of less than 10k, but I can't even get a ransom amount requested for me? Not to mention the ridiculous amount. I've reported on this before. Fix it.
4) Eventually one of my lords successfully besieged the castle with less than 100 men and released me. When I was released my party of 351 men appeared on the map in front of the town. Really? Not that I mind, but if a lord captures me, my party all splits up. I don't believe I'm supposed to reappear with my whole party.
5) Because of this stupid scenario, by the time I got released another town and a castle are under siege. Prior to being captured I had an army of about 800 about to take back lands we had lost because of trying to resolve the stupid hideout penalty at a town (a different thread). Now I have 4 holdings to get back. Thanks. I'm really enjoying your game. From everything I see I assume you don't have a single paid play-tester to find this stuff?

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I don't have a save from immediately prior to this, but I did upload a save from about 2 days ago, which is the most recent I have before the above occurrence.

Understand I'm not mad at you, Marda, just at Taleworlds in general. Warband is my favorite single-player game ever, with over 3000 hours in. I'd like to see this game succeed. I just get frustrated with this game. The constant wars with 3 or 4 factions at a time, the inability to ever eliminate a faction, the inability to make alliances, recent things like the hideout penalty that doesn't tell you which hideout is the problem (I recently had to kill 5 hideouts to fix one penalty) and which you never have time for because of the constant wars, the lords never wanting to agree to peace, etc. These make me feel it is hopeless to think this game will ever succeed.

I mentioned the bribes above. These are not the same as a ransom, so why can every other lord be ransomed, but I cannot? Do you understand noble ransoms? Back in medieval times when a noble was caught he could be ransomed back rather than just jailed or executed. Nobles promoted themselves to help assure they would be ransomed rather than killed. Ransom was based more on their importance rather than their wealth (although wealth certainly made one important as well). Quite frankly, some rulers would be insulted if one of their vassals would be ransomed for a higher amount than was asked for them. But even before becoming a leader I've had jailers ask for bribes well over 100k. I've captured faction leaders and accepted ransoms for them many times and its usually not over about 7500. Does this make sense? Absolutely not.

I don't have a save from immediately prior to this, but I did upload a save from about 2 days ago, which is the most recent I have before the above occurrence.
Got the file. Forwarded to QA. Thanks!
Understand I'm not mad at you, Marda, just at Taleworlds in general. Warband is my favorite single-player game ever, with over 3000 hours in. I'd like to see this game succeed. I just get frustrated with this game. The constant wars with 3 or 4 factions at a time, the inability to ever eliminate a faction, the inability to make alliances, recent things like the hideout penalty that doesn't tell you which hideout is the problem (I recently had to kill 5 hideouts to fix one penalty) and which you never have time for because of the constant wars, the lords never wanting to agree to peace, etc. These make me feel it is hopeless to think this game will ever succeed.
Due to the scale of the game, we might not be able to see some of the issues and bugs but rest assured, we are doing our best to forward the issues reported by the community to the team so that we can understand the issue and fix it as soon as possible.
I mentioned the bribes above. These are not the same as a ransom, so why can every other lord be ransomed, but I cannot? Do you understand noble ransoms? Back in medieval times when a noble was caught he could be ransomed back rather than just jailed or executed. Nobles promoted themselves to help assure they would be ransomed rather than killed. Ransom was based more on their importance rather than their wealth (although wealth certainly made one important as well). Quite frankly, some rulers would be insulted if one of their vassals would be ransomed for a higher amount than was asked for them. But even before becoming a leader I've had jailers ask for bribes well over 100k. I've captured faction leaders and accepted ransoms for them many times and its usually not over about 7500. Does this make sense? Absolutely not.
I personally don't really have that in-depth knowledge about SP features, but forwarded this bit to the team to see if there is anything we can do on this.

Back
Top Bottom