Smurf Tech Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Do regular armored gauntlets or boots negatively effect the magic score or spells in anyway? If so are any immune to this.

Thanks for any help.

Apologies I probably put this in the wrong thread, but seems like a quick and easy Q/A :smile:

hi guys, not sure where to post this question, but;

I would love to try this mod, but I'm used to playing with the keys N and M for strafing sideways.
Unfortunately, N is bound to the spellbook.

Is there a way to manipulate a file and remapping the spellbook-prompt to another key ?

Many thanks in advance and thanks for the great mod ! :smile:

Great question! I just noticed this right before leaving for a couple hours, but as soon as I'm back I'll double check for you :smile:

Hello, I need help because when I create a new character the game are just showing the vanilla banners, I reinstalled the mod still can not use the banners of the mod, any idea what is causing this? ( when I played the mod for the first time the mod banners were available to me, it happened when I was creating my second character).

Hopez said:
Hello, I need help because when I create a new character the game are just showing the vanilla banners, I reinstalled the mod still can not use the banners of the mod, any idea what is causing this? ( when I played the mod for the first time the mod banners were available to me, it happened when I was creating my second character).
There are no new banners except those of the new factions. You really can't use them (unless you use some sort of hack I guess).

Well. My first time trying to play as a mage has been somewhat confusing. Finally bought my first spell other than the magic missile and I guess, maybe, I just flat do not have the mana to cast it? Fireball... Character about lvl 6.

Am I missing a way to find out how much mana I have and how much the spells cost?

ShaneRoach said:
Well. My first time trying to play as a mage has been somewhat confusing. Finally bought my first spell other than the magic missile and I guess, maybe, I just flat do not have the mana to cast it? Fireball... Character about lvl 6.

Am I missing a way to find out how much mana I have and how much the spells cost?

You need at least a magic power 5 score. As a rule of thumb the spells cost is equal to the spell's min magic power cost x 1000, so for instance the shield spell costs 1000 denars and only needs a 1 magic power score to learn and to cast. Magic points are calculated by multiplying the magic power score x 10.
Don't forget that before you can cast any mage spell, you'll need to copy the scroll to your spell book via the camp menu.

guspav said:
ShaneRoach said:

You need at least a magic power 5 score. As a rule of thumb the spells cost is equal to the spell's min magic power cost x 1000, so for instance the shield spell costs 1000 denars and only needs a 1 magic power score to learn and to cast. Magic points are calculated by multiplying the magic power score x 10.
Don't forget that before you can cast any mage spell, you'll need to copy the scroll to your spell book via the camp menu.

Thanks for the guide for calculating magic power. That is simple and easy to remember. Too bad there is no easy way to make it clear in game, but this works for me.

What actually ends up to have happened is that I can't seem to cast fireball from horseback. Magic Missile casts fine. Anything you can tell me about that?

Teofish said:
I assumed that was intentional to avoid you essentially becoming a medieval missile halftrack.

I d'know. There are some beasties in this mod that need a half track. LOL. Plus I play on high difficulty.

I am so looking forward to Bannerlord, hoping their tactics are more nuanced in mass combat.

ShaneRoach said:
I d'know. There are some beasties in this mod that need a half track. LOL. Plus I play on high difficulty.

I am so looking forward to Bannerlord, hoping their tactics are more nuanced in mass combat.

If you're interested to find out more about spells I have a specific part in the guide here : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276440.0.html

That talks about all the various spells and effects. There's also several "under the hood" calculations you can find for enhance magic and other various sources. It's for those who really want to know "Why is X not working as I thought?"

It's a pretty long guide so I don't expect people to read it all at once, simply look at it if you ever get a question. IF you can't find the answer feel free to send me a message on here or post on that forum :smile: Good luck and have fun in Phantasy Calradia!

Teofish said:
I assumed that was intentional to avoid you essentially becoming a medieval missile halftrack.
Don't worry, with Bannerlord coming we can do that on siege towers now. Sooo mobile siege towers with missiles. I wonder what a fireball hitting a siege tower or battering ram would be like though

I was browsing the updates and saw this
added first batch of super-troops
Question A) What Are they?
Question B) Where DO I get them?
Question C) How strong?

Cyph3r said:
I was browsing the updates and saw this
added first batch of super-troops
Question A) What Are they?
Question B) Where DO I get them?
Question C) How strong?

I think you mean the super troops relative to each faction, correct?

Quick quote from the guide - took me a second to find it

If you get a high enough relation with the faction (10) you will be able to recruit a small group of people from the towns. The group is a mixture of people including females. There are four kinds of golems all coming from the Ridas Magocracy by having a good relation. The golems are recruit-able from the town (Wizard's Tower). At 10 relation you are able to recruit clay and stone golems, and at 25 relation you are finally able to recruit the iron and silver versions.

For the unique units you need to have at least 50 relation with the native factions to recruit them at any of their cities.
The super troops are as follows:

Swadian: Knights of the King : very powerful heavy knights
Vaegir: Vedmaks: Mage hunters, very resistant to magic and good in melee combat
Khergit: Wolfwere Windrunners : very fast running, carry big glaives
Nord: Valkyries: powerful female riders in bronze armor, good with melee and thrown weapons
Rhodok: Swashbucklers: very fast light infantry, carry rapiers and side swords. The best swordsmen in the mod
Sarranid: Djann: powerful fighter-mages

As for how strong there should be a post somewhere that links all of the stats of them. Let me see if I can find it.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276394.45.html

The 8th? Post down by Just a bandit. He even has a video with them in combat in that same post :smile:

Back
Top Bottom