Smurf Tech Support

Users who are viewing this thread

SmurfInHell said:
What factions have you faced up until recently? If you've had standoffs with the magocracy multiple times up to this point then that should not be a problem. Could you tell us a bit more about the siege? Troop compositions of both sides, numbers, anything really. Log files may be useful, but with so little known about the problem and other variables it could be largely useless until we know what is causing the problem.

Right now I'm sieging Shariz and there are some elves in the army on both sides, but they are not the main force, my army is a mix of mercenary mages and swadians, calradians, some nords and elves.

As I said, the CTD occur when it's comming a new wave of reinforcements and fireballs animations are occurring. IT is really weird.

I've reinstalled the game (1.153) and reset the settings to 150 units vanilla. After a while, boom! the same problem occured.

I'm going to install the new version that is out to see if I can continue with the siege and then I post how it went. Thanks.

The problem is mostly elves, i too had that problem until i got rid of all my elves ( companions included ) it did seem that the short lag spike from new mage spawning in + elves crashed my game consistently, facing elves in field battles doesn't seem to cause too much problems oddly but i have only fought the rampant elves.

It seems the problem stems from several factors. Like Nosture mentioned it is more than likely mostly the Elves, but the addition of the mages spawning in to use spells pushes your computer too far.

The new version optimizes the code of the spell choosing script. Hopefully it will be more stable for the people who are still having crashes.

Yep... So far so good. I've DL the new version and installed the latest MB Warband and finally finish the siege (I've lost by the way). But now, for some reason, I've lost my heal power.

Anyway, at least the crash is fixed. I've also realized that the elves (I think is novice/cleric of corileon?) when you choose the unit to upgrade in your party it lags A LOT to show it in comparison to the other units. I agree that this laggy unit could be part of the problem. They are super cool and detailed, but laggy as hell.

Thanks for the help guys and thanks Guspav for this awesome MOD. : )

I've been having a problem with Windows not allowing me to update Phantasy.  I do not like using my admin account and want to know if there is a workaround. 
Warband is located in my 'Program fliesx86' folder and when I try to move the new patch into it, I get the (relatively) normal popup of: allow (this has the 'you will need to type admin password here' symbol); skip; and cancel.  I used to, but no longer, can click the 'allow' button and a prompt will appear asking for the admin password.  However, now it just brings the same popup as I had beforehand.
How did this happen and how do I fix it?

mercav said:
I've been having a problem with Windows not allowing me to update Phantasy.  I do not like using my admin account and want to know if there is a workaround. 
Warband is located in my 'Program fliesx86' folder and when I try to move the new patch into it, I get the (relatively) normal popup of: allow (this has the 'you will need to type admin password here' symbol); skip; and cancel.  I used to, but no longer, can click the 'allow' button and a prompt will appear asking for the admin password.  However, now it just brings the same popup as I had beforehand.
I suggest you move your Warband installation to another location. Windows gets very *****y when you are trying to modify something from the program files folders.

mercav said:
Suck it up and use your admin account :razz:

guspav said:
I am thinking the elven armor taken from TLD is what's causing the trouble. I have noticed them lagging the game somewhat, even when loading the armor images at the shop. perhaps it would be a good idea to replace those models with a few new ones. I do love the models, but if they're buggy, they should be replaced or fixed somehow.
For those who have been having CTDs, I suggest you stop using the battle size changer and see how the game runs.
150 troops at a time (vanilla's maximum) is not THAT bad, is it?

I've noticed the shop lag happen when I'm browsing the blazing hand and (I forget what faction but the ones that use kind of an orange faction color, their specialty pre Phantasy was archers, I can't spell so I wont try, starts with V) armor shops

Hey
guys. For all of u having problems with file decompression. Theres a
program called The Unarchiver. It works for .zip .7z .rar .czg (or
whatever) and a million of other stuff I never heard of. No more
*****ing around with 5 decompression programs. Just this one.

EDIT: my bad guys! Its mac only!
Im using Wine to run warband. Im a mac user.
My secret has been revealed :'( dont discriminatw me now...

Xzayler said:
Hey
guys. For all of u having problems with file decompression. Theres a
program called The Unarchiver. It works for .zip .7z .rar .czg (or
whatever) and a million of other stuff I never heard of. No more
*****ing around with 5 decompression programs. Just this one.

EDIT: my bad guys! Its mac only!
Im using Wine to run warband. Im a mac user.
My secret has been revealed :'( dont discriminatw me now...

Interesting information! Hopefully it'll be useful to some of our mac users.

I appreciate the feedback!

guspav said:
I am thinking the elven armor taken from TLD is what's causing the trouble. I have noticed them lagging the game somewhat, even when loading the armor images at the shop. perhaps it would be a good idea to replace those models with a few new ones. I do love the models, but if they're buggy, they should be replaced or fixed somehow.
For those who have been having CTDs, I suggest you stop using the battle size changer and see how the game runs.
150 troops at a time (vanilla's maximum) is not THAT bad, is it?

I have several gaming rigs (at least 5) with different video cards and hardware.  What I've seen of this problem leads me to conclude the Nvidia drivers pushed on users as WHQL updates have changed handling for Tesla GPUs in anisotropic filtering settings. threaded optimization, power management mode, and anti-aliasing mode for Nvidia GPUs 400 series and up.  You should have at least 128-bit memory path and at least 96 CUDA cores (9600 GT or higher) to even play M&B Warband adequately; but at least 192 CUDA cores to play the enhanced models reasonably.  You'd hang periodically with something as simple as EQ2 if you didn't tweak downwards your settings, especially turning OFF threaded optimization until you are sure no side effects happen.  I find some older software gags on anisotropic filtering as well.  I mostly use games for tuning medical 3D systems, as they put a measureable and calibrated bandwidth load on my test laboratory.  My boss suspects I waste too much time playing this mod, but what to say...

If you really find you hang uncontrollably, send me a tell.  I've been tech support / test lab for 20+ years in USA, now I'm in east Europe so earlier answers :smile:

That said, I kind of like the elves as they are, but I used to hang too (not often) until I down tweaked the 3D settings. Of course make sure you have large enough swap file for those pesky memory creep issues pretty much games have, tune your system otherwise, and use common sense (does that exist?) in setting up your game platform.  I just wanted to mention something many people may not have noticed.

main rig:  I7-950 (3.2 Ghz nominal) / Intel X58 chipset / Corsair Neutron GTX 120 GB SSD boot Win 7 Ult x64 / WD blue 1 TB data / 8 GB DDR-3 1600 arranged dual channel / Nvidia GTX 650/1 GB DDR5 video RAM

I have intel HD graphic 3000 laptop and no high-poly object in MnB can make my laptop crash. Strange for people with good graphic cards to have certain problems with the game. I do run Dx9, 100% texture quality.

Sigh, no matter what I try I can't extract the file for the mod. Any tips would be appreciated all they say is cannot open, error, or something like that. and I even tried redownloading the file but still nothing. :sad:

Okay I managed to install the mod. I could not extract the file, however, I managed to open the file and copy the files into a new folder.

Crazyarms said:
Okay I managed to install the mod. I could not extract the file, however, I managed to open the file and copy the files into a new folder.

I'm glad you got everything working! I'm sorry about me being gone so much lately, or I could have helped. I will be monitoring the site a bit more closely now that some of my classes have steadied out.

Back
Top Bottom