Smithy improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr Aussie

Recruit
Suggestion to improve the ability to smith. Need to include the ability to smith any material (steel, fine steel etc) with out the perk. As you get to a point were you can create any weapon but if you don't select the perk you cant can't craft any materials. (Once you realise that perk selection mistake its to late)
And with the lack/no option to buy steel it makes it hard to create any new weapons. Those perks should be to improve the smith/smelt out, not restrict basic/general crafting.
Another option is once you max the skill you can then select any perk from that skill, but only have a certain amount active and or can only be one active each 25/50/75/100 etc level.

Remember you got family and companions that can get smithing skills too if you want them. Also I don't remember when I last created materials better than basic on my own as smelting is available to get them from weapons you get after battles.

Remember you got family and companions that can get smithing skills too if you want them. Also I don't remember when I last created materials better than basic on my own as smelting is available to get them from weapons you get after battles.
Yeah, I'm now putting my companions to work as i can create every other materials except steel. Its silly that i can craft fine steel just not steel.

Character reload helps and allows you to change your perks
I only found out i made the wrong choice after a few in game days, by then a reload wasn't an option. Even tried to find the saved character file and edit it (like you can do on Warband) but its a SAV file.

I actually like the perks on smithing. Always have dedicated smith for specific jobs, one for crafting ingots & charcoal (With dedicated perks, one for crafting weapons (tiny % to create tempered/masterwork etc versions) and one for smelting items (With increased recipe chance).

By these perk allocations, smithing mechanics are turning into a dedicated profession so if you invest in it, you'll reap what you saw. It's my main source of income in campaigns. Just find a cheap and easy to remember recipe that has high cutting damage (2h axes work wonders) and you're the richest mofo in the map without touching janky workshops or failing caravans.

PROTIP= Don't fight with your 200 point smiths, leave them in your cities as governors if bonuses are good, you don't want him/her to be killed in battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom