SP - General Smithing

Users who are viewing this thread

I really like the idea behind it. Lets you costomize your weapon to suit your needs.

At the moment the system is just VERY grindy and you unlock random parts by smelting things. I dont really understand why my understand of axes would increase while smelting a sword but ok :/

Yeah I think we need to be able to buy weapon part blueprints. Even if they're pretty expensive, it's so annoying to get to Smith level 50 and still only have two Tier 1 sword blades unlocked.

To be honest I think a general system of books and/or trainers ought to be implemented to give you the opportunity to spend gold on improving skills. Maybe I can pay the smith 1000 denars and he'll spend a day teaching me to make a new part (hell even just let me specify what sort of part and randomise it after that).

I really enjoy smithing. I think it levels up a bit to slowly, but it's generally a cool feature.
What's even cooler is that I made a sword that I just called "gambit sword" and after a few days I saw gambit swords being sold in different cities.
It's like you can introduce new swords to massproduce to the game x)

I really enjoy smithing. I think it levels up a bit to slowly, but it's generally a cool feature.
What's even cooler is that I made a sword that I just called "gambit sword" and after a few days I saw gambit swords being sold in different cities.

That's neat but it should be an option, if i make myself a master sword to my style it should not be sold in copies everywhere. It's MY sword. Maybe have this happen only if you sell it, then it could be copied by a smith, but while only I have it, it doesn't make much sense.

That's neat but it should be an option, if i make myself a master sword to my style it should not be sold in copies everywhere. It's MY sword. Maybe have this happen only if you sell it, then it could be copied by a smith, but while only I have it, it doesn't make much sense.
I do think it's because I sold it.
I made another one which I melted down again after a few moments, and couldn't see that one get sold in any city (not 100% sure though, as I've not properly checked all cities :razz:).

I think smithing is currently way too grindy and late game.

In my last playthrough I've spend a **** ton of money and time, before I could make a sword that had a few points of damage more, than the easily obtainable swords evereywhere sold. Basically I just run around, buy all weapons and hardword sold, and smelt them. I've disable the "waiting" via mod, since it is just simply anoying (there at least could be a "Rest" button in the smithing menu, instead of my guessing how long I need to rest).

I don't think, that I will be giving smithing another shot in the near future, unless there are some mayor changes to the system.

I think smithing is currently way too grindy and late game.

In my last playthrough I've spend a **** ton of money and time, before I could make a sword that had a few points of damage more, than the easily obtainable swords evereywhere sold. Basically I just run around, buy all weapons and hardword sold, and smelt them. I've disable the "waiting" via mod, since it is just simply anoying (there at least could be a "Rest" button in the smithing menu, instead of my guessing how long I need to rest).

I don't think, that I will be giving smithing another shot in the near future, unless there are some mayor changes to the system.

can you send link of mod cuz It's really boring

At the rate that is goes, ill be 90 years old before I reach 120 (already 5 focus points and 5 endurance and ~80 pts in at age 40). This stuff takes forever

I guess the current problem is, that the main requirements for smithing currently are having a ton of money and time. Early game, you won't have enough money for smithing (buying all that hardwood), late game you won't have the time (since you're always at war with someone). And when you manage to craft that level 4 or 5 weapon finally, it's just a couple of points better, on a weapon, that was OP already before that.

Maybe as alternative:
  • Stamina only for crafting weapons, not for refining/smelting
  • Crafting more expensive (more resource/stamina), but much much more XP (at least one point in smithing per weapon crafted)
  • More XP for "good quality" weapons (correct difficulty range, etc.)
  • Completely remove the unlocking, instead more debuffs for difficulty
  • Maybe buffed stats for crafted, especially selling price

I think the stamina system would work better if it actually shifted the clock forward rather than having you exit-city menu-wait-smithing-click click- repeat.

then you can just keep smithing as the days and nights pass you by.

alternatively let it recover while traveling and not just “resting”

Definitely do away with the stamina. It takes long enough as is to level Smithing.
Enable smithing of Armour, Ranged Weapons, Saddles. Bringing in Leather and other resources.
Allow for setting up resource and production chains. Fromore mines in villages near hills, to wood in villages near forests. Set up automated caravans that will deliver produce to Castle or City of your choice., where you have your main Smithy/Forge/Tannery buildings.

Definitely do away with the stamina. It takes long enough as is to level Smithing.
Yes. Even if you have unlimited stamina and millions or denars for smelting. You still need a lot of time becouse you are limited by hardwood. I spend a lot of time to just traveling and buying hardwood.
Enable smithing of Armour, Ranged Weapons, Saddles. Bringing in Leather and other resources.
They should add weapon\armor upgrade. It is so obvious feature.

I like it to :smile: i got to lvl 200 in like 3-4 gameplay days so wasnt that hard to get almost to the top and what nice swords and weapons you can make :grin: however they really need to rebalance the weapons in marketprice for the materials youre using. Ex youre wasting money for making knives and polearms and stuff...Only thing youre making good money on now incl materials to make it is two handed swords (from what ive seen so far) which is a shame Still got ways to learn but i like my weapons now.And being able to equip your companions with em (for a very cheap price to) and see em in action is even better :smile: Also making some of your companions your apprentices which will speed up the production even more. Thing is youre making so much money as well being a "mastersmith" and with trade perk im gonna buy off the whole Caldaria ^^ Stam meter isnt an issue i think since you only need to wait for a half day cycle to get it to 100 and later on you get better stam + companions extra skills so you can do more stuff. Having it removed is gonna make it to OP in my opinion and to easy since you can do that and make money on something else at the same time which is gonna make you super rich to fast

SsTkEAM.png

Last edited:
I think the stamina system would work better if it actually shifted the clock forward rather than having you exit-city menu-wait-smithing-click click- repeat.

then you can just keep smithing as the days and nights pass you by.

alternatively let it recover while traveling and not just “resting”

yes an waiting system in smithing menu would be nice but then you cant see whats happening outside. Ex if your town gets besieged or something while youre working or lets say an big army is heading your way ^^ would be hilarious though if you got so in to your work then realizing you need to defend with a horn blowing

Last edited:
I really like the idea behind it. Lets you costomize your weapon to suit your needs.

At the moment the system is just VERY grindy and you unlock random parts by smelting things. I dont really understand why my understand of axes would increase while smelting a sword but ok :/
You've been very easy on it, it's broken, in fact. The dmg values are inconsistent, and the top tier blades perform worse than the T4 ones. It's a mess...

You've been very easy on it, it's broken, in fact. The dmg values are inconsistent, and the top tier blades perform worse than the T4 ones. It's a mess...

hmm let me compare the stats if so....Well this one is are more in line with the T5 blades but this one isnt really a T6 Blade as well but a hybrid making it a T6, with Its the handle and other stuff in it making it a top tier... So its a mixed blade in it without the 10% boost you can get from the perk + master skill perk of another boost. So with that said it isnt a fully made top tier sword so to speak hense i said i still got more to learn or could perfect to if i made couple of em,,,Youll see when or if you get there and you cant say its a mess untill you opened it up and seen it. But sure like i said theres things that needs to be tweaked

Last edited:
hmm let me compare the stats if so....Well they are more in line with the T5 blades but this one isnt really a T6 Blade as well but a hybrid making it a T6 with Its the handle and other stuff in it making it a top tier... So its a mixed blade in it without the 10% boost you can get from the perk + master skill perk of another boost. So with that said it isnt a fully made top tier sword so to speak hense i said i still got more to learn,,,Youll see when or if you get there and you cant say its a mess untill you opened it up and seen it. But sure like i said theres things that needs to be tweaked
I've unlocked everything by cheating. The blades are inconsistent. There's even one that I consider bugged, which's a t6 blade that does less dmg than an Iron blade t1

I've unlocked everything by cheating. The blades are inconsistent. There's even one that I consider bugged, which's a t6 blade that does less dmg than an Iron blade t1

oh havent seen that one...which one is it ? But sure there are most prob things in it that isnt completed. Like the armor balancing on the market still. Could be one of the faster shorter blades perhaps ? ...Re. Could be decorated short sword blade i guess ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom