Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Cephas369

Recruit
When you increase the blade lenght of a weapon there is a gap between the blade and the guard, i saw that some people reported this error, isn't this simple as just making the blade move down as it's size is increased ? It's a very ugly bug i can't immerse in the game with this

kBcKw7qYTASbRBnZ2hIUQA.png

C7CkENYAR9Opf1FQjKPTXA.png

Last edited:
This bug is in the game since the 1.9.0. It's urgent to fix it as smithing is allmost unusable since the release as it is.
Actually since 1.8.0, and another patch released and that **** is still there, it's unbelievable that this game it's being developed for 10 years and we have a bug like this that make an entire mechanic unusable

@Cephas, As annoying as it is to see things like this, I wouldn't call this a game breaking bug. It is a visual annoyance, but likely doesn't have any effect on your ability to play the game - such as a crash, softlock, or logic bug would.

@Cephas, As annoying as it is to see things like this, I wouldn't call this a game breaking bug. It is a visual annoyance, but likely doesn't have any effect on your ability to play the game - such as a crash, softlock, or logic bug would.
Yes but it ruins the gameplay when you use a weapon like that, it feels like I'm playing a game made in 3 months on unity by an abandonware company

Hey, our team is aware of this issue and working on it. Thank you for reporting it in.
And yet NOTHING IS FREAKING DONE YET. You people have known about this bug for MONTHS before full release, you keep claiming it's forwarded to QA, and yet another new patch and no fix for it.
Seriously Taleworlds, you are really PISSING ME OFF at this point. Stop with your political BS replies and actually fix this bug THAT HAS BEEN PRESENT FOR MONTHS

I did some testing and the reason there is a gap is because it does not save the length of the blade. Create weapon with all sliders on max. Then use crafting history to load that weapon, all size sliders except blade will be at max. I even modified ScaleThePiece method in crafting in Taleworlds.Core to allow changing size from as little as 10% up to 300% of weapon size (can be downloaded on nexus or workshop as Longer Crafting Parts). Weapon with 300% default size will have preview looks fine but the moment the scene changes, the blade will have 200% blade gap and 100% of default blade size. I just checked the 1.7 version and it works fine both with vanilla and both with my modification (but I had to recompile my modification to match 1.7)

Last edited:
I did some testing and the reason there is a gap is because it does not save the length of the blade. Create weapon with all sliders on max. Then use crafting history to load that weapon, all size sliders except blade will be at max. I even modified ScaleThePiece method in crafting in Taleworlds.Core to allow changing size from as little as 10% up to 300% of weapon size (can be downloaded on nexus or workshop as Longer Crafting Parts). Weapon with 300% default size will have preview looks fine but the moment the scene changes, the blade will have 200% blade gap and 100% of default blade size. I just checked the 1.7 version and it works fine both with vanilla and both with my modification (but I had to recompile my modification to match 1.7)
Thank you for taking this issue seriously, because TW themselves sure aren't!!

Thank you for taking this issue seriously, because TW themselves sure aren't!!
I found it.

Code here:
public void SwitchToPiece(WeaponDesignElement piece)
{
this.SelectedPieces[(int)piece.CraftingPiece.PieceType].SetScale(100); //This line of code causes bug, change it to match weapon blade length or delete it altogether.
CraftingPiece.PieceTypes pieceType = piece.CraftingPiece.PieceType;
WeaponDesignElement[] array = new WeaponDesignElement[4];
for (int i = 0; i < array.Length; i++)
{
if (pieceType == (CraftingPiece.PieceTypes)i)
{
array = piece.GetCopy();
}
else
{
array = this.CurrentWeaponDesign.UsedPieces.GetCopy();
if (array.IsValid)
{
array.SetScale(this.CurrentWeaponDesign.UsedPieces.ScalePercentage);
}
}
}
this.CurrentWeaponDesign = new WeaponDesign(this.CurrentWeaponDesign.Template, this.CurrentWeaponDesign.WeaponName, array);
this.ReIndex(false);
}

Some weapons have broken meshes or meshes at incorrect position, causing gap. Lod 4 of is aserai_noble_blade_4 is broken and only half the mesh or more like one triangle. While lod 1-4 of aserai_noble_blade_5 are at incorrect position, you need to substract -0.07 on all lod levels.

4ypHWzA.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom