Users who are viewing this thread

Few additions that may make the game more fun with the smithing system:

-Armor Crafting
I have found it tiring to try to find specific sets of armor that seemingly have no set place of spawning, adding in an ability to make the armor would be awesome, could be balanced by required many more materials to make, and/or higher smithing skill
-Armor Engravings
If armor smithing is added in, then it would be awesome to engrave or inlay (gold, silver, copper, bronze) the armor, making it one of a kind, and driving it's value up based on materials used.
-Engravings
It would be awesome to engrave the weapons you make, even it was just standard engravings and not custom, that would be cool
-Commissions/Orders
This would could be awesome for roleplay, once you're smithing skill has reached a certain level, you receive commissions or orders for specific weapons and armor. Which would encourage you to find the materials, smith it, and take it to the person who ordered it.
-Smithing minigame
I think it would be more engaging if there is some sort of minigame added in place of the standard one in game atm. It could be something like, click and hold to strike the materials at a certain strength, add so much material, heat the materials, quench and temper the weapons/armor, and add the engravings. Could even have different and sometimes rare weapons based on the mixture of materials used, with different stats?

Overall I like the idea of the smithing system, I just hope it is made more in depth. I would love to spend my character's life becoming a master blacksmith and feeling the roleplay opportunities rising from it.

Back
Top Bottom