Version number
e1.5.4.249445
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Animalhero99

Recruit
So I just combined the Bent Razor Head and the Pine Spear Staff to make my first polearm with my new character. I got ~60 levels of smithing, levelled up twice from 9 to 11, the polearm is worth 106k denars, and has the following stats, far superior to anything else for my early game character.
Weight 1.5
Tier 6
Swing speed 91
Swing damage 126 cut
thrust speed 97
thrust damage 41 pierce (slightly less than my previous polearm, my Sturgian lance)
length 154
handling 77
All it took was three steel, some wood and some charcoal. I did see a similar issue reported in the "known issues" section, but thought I would mention this anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go chop some bandits in half with my shiny new friend.

So I just combined the Bent Razor Head and the Pine Spear Staff to make my first polearm with my new character. I got ~60 levels of smithing, levelled up twice from 9 to 11, the polearm is worth 106k denars, and has the following stats, far superior to anything else for my early game character.
Weight 1.5
Tier 6
Swing speed 91
Swing damage 126 cut
thrust speed 97
thrust damage 41 pierce (slightly less than my previous polearm, my Sturgian lance)
length 154
handling 77
All it took was three steel, some wood and some charcoal. I did see a similar issue reported in the "known issues" section, but thought I would mention this anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go chop some bandits in half with my shiny new friend.
They're apparently fixing smithing in the future updates. This issue is well-known, and pretty universal between all the previous updates

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Weight 1.5
Tier 6
Swing speed 91
Swing damage 126 cut
thrust speed 97
length 154
handling 77
the prices are supposed to be somewhat fixed in 1.5.6 and they have been working on re doing smithing but that has been awhile and still waiting on it, the polearm was the tough one, how about 1 hardwood to get 100k that is the bad boy

Weight 1.5
Tier 6
Swing speed 91
Swing damage 126 cut
thrust speed 97
length 154
handling 77
It have always such a high price, when created item can be used only as two-handed weapon. If it can be used an one-handed, stats are much lower > price was enormously lower.
Same, when I created the best two-haded sword I know (with the 4 thamaskene steel and 4 fine steel), it had maximum possible price (this price was possible even with much lower quality weapons), but when I chosed handle, which can be used as one-handed and two-handed, price was 10 times lower (possibly because lower stats, when it is used as onehanded weapon).

So far, there are multiple problems with price of final items. More funny reason for final price is , which parameter is chosed for calculating it. If you create weapon, which can be used as one-handed and two-handed - price is always significantly lower, because first stats are for one-handed weapon, and price is caltulating form it, no matter how good weapon if in two-handed. This makes HUGE diference in price for weapons with more possibilities for use - So far, this is problem for universal swords with both uses, and also with polearm.

Someone thought up this system. It doesn't work! It makes no sense! Why the manager of this part of the game didn't (apparently) woodshed this with a team to figure out the unintended consequences well before Early Access, I can't imagine.

It's now baked in so hard and so long that if/when it gets fixed, other things aren't going to work the way they want - as, for instance, the whole economy, which relies so much on weapon selling.

Someone thought up this system. It doesn't work! It makes no sense! Why the manager of this part of the game didn't (apparently) woodshed this with a team to figure out the unintended consequences well before Early Access, I can't imagine.

It's now baked in so hard and so long that if/when it gets fixed, other things aren't going to work the way they want - as, for instance, the whole economy, which relies so much on weapon selling.
the economy doesn't rely on it, but they're going to be lacking data on the workshop/caravan system, which need to be changed so that you don't lose them every time a war gets declared

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom