SP - General [Smithing] Please add "Training" feature

Users who are viewing this thread

I know there is a (hopefully) bigger revamp for crafting incoming. I just wanted to suggest that smithing could need a training option, so you don't need to craft, smelt and refine thousands of items just to level up. Imo this kind of grind completely ruins the immersion of a potentially pretty good and unique crafting feature.
To avoid this, an additional recipe style feature, that uses up resources, comparable to regular crafting, but all at once and would be a good way to make crafting "useful" items feel more special.

Atm there are two (major) ways to level up. Craft and sell or craft and smelt.

My suggestion to keep both aspects would be to allow crafting of a bulk weapon item (crate/shipment), that can be sold and traded as an item, that then is used in the economy to equip or train militia, or create military units in general. This way you can use your metal to gain smithing xp and use the product for trading.

Another, more efficient and quicker way to level up smithing could be a "Train Smithing Skill" feature, where you allocate a certain amount of metals. (Higher tier metals give more xp.) Depending on your current smithing stamina, which hopefully gets increased somehow btw, the metals will get consumed and xp is distributed across all smiths selected for training.

I am looking forward to the crafting revamp and hope these aspects are considered.

I agree that smithing needs some work but i regret to inform you that the issue is actually too much experience gain. certain items like javelins specifically the harpoon head give a massive return on investment. having a character w/ 0 smitthing craft 1 harpoon easily gives them 80 levels of smithing and often is enough exp to cause them to level multiple times. i think that your suggestion does have merit however once those honey pot items are properly tuned.

Back
Top Bottom