Smithing - Is the player supposed to easily get +5 millions before day 500?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just know that the difficulty influences a lot on the progression of the character's levels, but also his talents ... that's why your forge level increased to 250 in 45 minutes, I don't know how you do it.

I think he should add a failure rate to weapon melts and material refinements.

Last edited:
... then you use the javelin price to break the pace of the game, it's like using cheats. It's fun complaining and using it at the same time, you have a choice not to. it's not a bug you can't avoid, you use it knowing it's being abused.
Report it and don't use it while waiting for an update

... then you use the javelin price to break the pace of the game, it's like using cheats. It's fun complaining and using it at the same time, you have a choice not to. it's not a bug you can't avoid, you use it knowing it's being abused.
Report it and don't use it while waiting for an update
Idk if you're replying to me, but what I was getting at was that getting parts to make an expensive item is pure rng. If you can make an expensive item then you can skyrocket your smithing skill because smithing skill scales according to the price of your weapon produced and javelins have some of the best sale prices vs resources need to make. I'm not complaining about any abuse because I haven't played the game in sometime and even when I did I stayed away from smithing because of how broken it is. It's working as intended as far as TW is concerned. They have done some tweaking and may do some more but, for the most part, what we have is what we're getting.

A quick question, are you playing on maximum difficulty? Because in maximum difficulty, even in 10 hours of play, I have no characteristics exceeding 100 points ... I play merchants and my trade level is 98 with 5 points in the trade ... yet I sell a lot and with profits x2 or x3 ...
I can melt 15 swords and not have a single smithy item unlock .... I craft 10 two-handed swords, but no item unlocks.
I play maximum difficulty for everything. I would be happy to help you level faster, it should not be taking you that long. If you know what you're doing you can boost Trade to 125 fairly easily for that renown perk and Smithing as well is super easy. I can tell you how if you want. The game's still not finished so there are certain ways to level Trade and Smithing in particular disgustingly fast if you do them properly.

Last edited:
I play maximum difficulty for everything. I would be happy to help you level faster, it should not be taking you that long. If you know what you're doing you can boost Trade to 125 fairly easily for that renown perk and Smithing as well is super easy. I can tell you how if you want. The game's still not finished so there are certain ways to level Trade and Smithing in particular disgustingly fast if you do them properly.
Thanks, but I'm not looking for performance. I am a merchant who sells fur and resells wheat to fill the reserves during wars ^^. I have two workshops and two caravans, it brings me 600 denars, it is enough for my army of 70 mercenaries .... Yes I play full mercenaries. I only recruit in taverns, because I like to drink ^^

Just post your tech bro, or what you got it on a onlyfans or something ? ?‍♀️

Well for Trading all you have to do is go to Askar and buy horses there and sell them to the city directly above it until you can't profit anymore, then you just keep buying those horses from that city and selling them all over+ your regular trade goods. Also buy and sell mules and sumpter horses from Askar. Smithing all you have to do is buy around 1000 hardwood, 100 pugios, 100 tribesman throwing daggers and smelt and refine it all down. Then start making the hardest 2 handed swords you can, smelt them down, unlock new recipes, make new harder 2 handed swords. You will end up buying more hardwood at some point and a few more pugios/daggers but overall that's the simplest way to do both. You can find pugios in Imperial cities, and tribesman throwing daggers all over. It's not necessary to buy both. Can do 200 daggers or 200 pugios all works.

I know it's effective to get rich, but you absolutely do not support your faction ... if you fill the cities with food, the armies of your faction will fill up and you have a profit.
I just think it's a technique that takes the fun and immersion out of the game.

I know it's effective to get rich, but you absolutely do not support your faction ... if you fill the cities with food, the armies of your faction will fill up and you have a profit.
I just think it's a technique that takes the fun and immersion out of the game.
Nothing unimmersive about going to a city that sells horses cheap because of its isolation and profiting off of that.

I honestly believe smithing gives out cash in such huge quantities is a way of the developers giving us much money to easier get access to high tier weapons, armor and so on and to use the time to test the game instead of wasting time grinding in a save, that maybe becomes unusable anyway with the next patch.

I don't expect a huge change to prices of some created weapons up until the very last phases of Early Access (aka. Beta), when all planned features for full release are in place and the only work for Full Release left to do is Rebalancing and laying the ground work for future features and DLC.

I enjoy smithing. I like crafting weapons for me and my party to use.

However, the economics of smithing make any other method for making money completely obsolete.

Simply by forging and selling 2 handed swords, I can easily make $200k per day.

The prices of smithed weapons need to be reduced. By a lot. There really should be a 80% trade penalty imposed on the prices for player made weapons. Otherwise, money is pretty much free.

That said, there should also be a reduction in the cost of high tier equipment in general. 200k to 500k for top tier bows and armor seems like a bit much.

I enjoy smithing. I like crafting weapons for me and my party to use.

However, the economics of smithing make any other method for making money completely obsolete.

Simply by forging and selling 2 handed swords, I can easily make $200k per day.

The prices of smithed weapons need to be reduced. By a lot. There really should be a 80% trade penalty imposed on the prices for player made weapons. Otherwise, money is pretty much free.

That said, there should also be a reduction in the cost of high tier equipment in general. 200k to 500k for top tier bows and armor seems like a bit much.
I agree
I strongly believe that the price of equipment is the problem :
- there are ridiculous prices for high tiers equipement,
- the proportion of wealth you gain from "equipement loot" after battles is 90% of income and makes everything else irrelevant (aside from smithing. But that's again the price of equipement)
- the money from smithing is off the scale : "orders" are very low and some items are very high on market.

lowering equipment value tenfolds would solve all of that and bring back the need to balance army wages to the point where you can't roflstomp everything with T6 armies for long.
I try to play without taking the equipement from "loots" and it changes the game in a very good way.

That said, I love smithing.

Back
Top Bottom