Smithing Bug... Please Fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a major bug with smithing right now that makes it pretty much useless. I am at 250 plus smithing and able to craft pretty good weapons and have been hoping to get a good masterwork one. I was smithing multiple of the same weapon hoping to get a masterwork. I finally got one and renamed it to something different than before. I go to check my inventory only to realize that the new weapon name never saved. It was instead thrown into the pile of other ones I made and the masterwork stats were never applied. Basically what was supposed to have been a masterwork weapon was reversed back to the original variant and the game never saved my new crafted weapon that I renamed. I even tried exiting the forge and re-entering after each weapon craft only to find out even after renaming weapons they still get throw into the pile of your first named craft. It would seem the only way around this is to make a weapon and then instantly smelting it if the stats aren't what you want. Please fix this bug to where renaming weapons actually saves your stats and separates the weapon in your inventory

Edit: Can confirm even when smelting it still returns masterwork stats to the original and renaming isn't being saved. This makes the masterwork and legendary perks useless right now

Last edited:
Skill not loaded with naming bugs, there are also damage factor errors and material ethics issues, I don't do anything but melt weapons, because this is a piece of ****.

since the latest patch i gain smithing from 200 to 1024 just by turning hardwood into charcoal... takes only about 20 clicks
That seems to come from the Bannerlord Tweaks mod. Here what someome wrote about it:

Hero Skill Experience Tweak (v1.1.4) is still broken for the Beta version.

I did some testing and here are my findings:

If the "Hero Skill Experience Tweak" is checked and the "Enable Flat Experience Multiplier Override" option is unchecked the following happens:

1. Scouting and Medicine (probably Engineering as well) will spike to lvl 1000+ if you gain experience. Happened while being assigend Surgeon/Scout and without.
2. Smithing Skill is broken. You don't gain any exp from creating charcoal and smelting weapons also give barely any exp.

If the "Hero Skill Experience Tweak" is checked and the "Enable Flat Experience Multiplier Override" option is checked (with 3x Multiplier) the following happens:

1. No level spike to 1000 but at 3x some Skills gain a lot of exp in a short amount of time while others are still slow (Trading)
2. Smithing is broken here as well.

If If the "Hero Skill Experience Tweak" is disabled everything seem to work normal. I gained 1 level in Smithing by creating charcoal (5 Endurance and 5 focus points in Smithing)

That seems to come from the Bannerlord Tweaks mod. Here what someome wrote about it:

Hero Skill Experience Tweak (v1.1.4) is still broken for the Beta version.

I did some testing and here are my findings:

If the "Hero Skill Experience Tweak" is checked and the "Enable Flat Experience Multiplier Override" option is unchecked the following happens:

1. Scouting and Medicine (probably Engineering as well) will spike to lvl 1000+ if you gain experience. Happened while being assigend Surgeon/Scout and without.
2. Smithing Skill is broken. You don't gain any exp from creating charcoal and smelting weapons also give barely any exp.

If the "Hero Skill Experience Tweak" is checked and the "Enable Flat Experience Multiplier Override" option is checked (with 3x Multiplier) the following happens:

1. No level spike to 1000 but at 3x some Skills gain a lot of exp in a short amount of time while others are still slow (Trading)
2. Smithing is broken here as well.

If If the "Hero Skill Experience Tweak" is disabled everything seem to work normal. I gained 1 level in Smithing by creating charcoal (5 Endurance and 5 focus points in Smithing)

This is the answer

Back
Top Bottom