Smithing breaks the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Eastern Polesword or Fine Steel Menav.
Arent the first one Glaive class to ? Fine steel mevalion which is pretty up tier one handed spear you ment (cant remember the details but that weapon isnt that one pretty short ?

Areent the first one Glaive class to ?

Yes. Along with every other 2H polearm that swings; the glaive isn't unique except it has mounted troops using it, whereas the rhomp, polesword, etc. do not.

Fine stel mevalion which is pretty up tier one handed spear you ment (cant remember the details but that weapon isnt that one pretty short ?

I can't remember its exact length but it's longer than 140.

Yes. Along with every other 2H polearm that swings; the glaive isn't unique except it has mounted troops using it, whereas the rhomp, polesword, etc. do not.
I can't remember its exact length but it's longer than 140.

Yes but you cant argue that the glaive is pretty OP straight from the bat. I tried khuzaits once and i pretty much one shotted everyone all the time from the start, with ease to as you are able to sweep many at once without having to really aim. Sure it can be dangerous to if you time it badly and since they are two handers youre pretty open for incoming throwing weapons and missiles which you usually fend off with speed and agility. But its riskier for sure since also the damn speed bonus on missiles to can hurt which im not sure why its there

Mevalions are the shorter versions....The most powerful class of the one handed spears but they lack in length which makes em most dangerous to use to which is a nice trade i think

Last edited:
I haven't really tested it yet but I think that a swinging glaive attack goes through a shield, which is hold on a back. A thrust attack will be blocked by a shield which is hold on a back, or?

I haven't really tested it yet but I think that a swinging glaive attack goes through a shield, which is hold on a back. A thrust attack will be blocked by a shield which is hold on a back, or?

It goes through. It just makes the shield impact sound and shaves off some of the damage in the process.

every weapon incl arrows from what ive heard goes thru from my understanding. The shield on the back only blocks a little with armor value nothing more. But i havnt run with one handed spear either in a while but i have stabbed someone in the back with an one handed sword and the sound comes along with damage reduction

glaive is pretty OP straight from the bat.
menavlion, voulgue, polesword... well polesword ... meh.
anyway, only Battania and Sturgia are missing a polearm, and to be honest, both war razor and rhomphalia kinda suck.
if to choose between glaive and voulgue, i would go for voulgue.

anyway, only Battania and Sturgia are missing a polearm, and to be honest, both war razor and rhomphalia kinda suck.
if to choose between glaive and voulgue, i would go for voulgue.
Same **** but different and does´nt difference with the fact

Sturgia has one. It is called, confusingly enough, the Warrazor (one word) and is a 2H polearm.

no. it has a price ~40k+ and considering the sad state of Sturgian economy throughout the game it's highly unlikely that you can find and afford war razor polearm on your first week in the game.
Voulge has a price ~ 1k denars and it is available from the get-go, which is what Dr-Shinobi is concerned with. We can have a weapon of mass destruction early on in the game without breaking a sweat acquiring it.
So yes, all kingdoms have access to a very powerful polearm except for Battania and Sturgia.

no. it has a price ~40k+ and considering the sad state of Sturgian economy throughout the game it's highly unlikely that you can find and afford war razor polearm on your first week in the game.
Voulge has a price ~ 1k denars and it is available from the get-go, which is what Dr-Shinobi is concerned with. We can have a weapon of mass destruction early on in the game without breaking a sweat acquiring it.
So yes, all kingdoms have access to a very powerful polearm except for Battania and Sturgia.
Which wastn the thing, was it ?. Lol you guys are sweating over your OP weapons i can tell xD How long is the Volgue btw compared to the first glaive you get ? Get down from your horses for once and fight like real men. I suggest you try out one handed sword only....

Which wastn the thing, was it ?. Lol you guys are sweating over your OP weapons i can tell xD
no, i actually use spears... like all the time. If i strike at the head with a spear it's pretty much ohk when i'm on foot, plus i have my shield at hand. On a horseback strike with a spear delivers ~200 damage which is enough for pretty much everything.
It's just a matter of keeping optimal distance.

where is the 200 in damage here ? You mean at the same level when the Glaive does 400 ? Feel free to follow the Knight story and see if it does the same as your beloved Glaive from the getko who basically can one hit sweep 2-3 soldiers in one swing straight from the start. But im also aware that two handed power comes with a price of protection but man it shouldnt be that much over the top. Two handed Axe and sword takes time to. to get em to a certain lvl...Man i had to chop an guy 4-5 times along with other men just to get him down and no miss hits in the beginning with an two handed axe

How ever im very tempted to do the glaive an footsoldier playthru because it would look very cool :grin: but most prob OP there to

Last edited:
final_5fa9a7eacc21d200ead39c81_192008.gif

Here it did around 200 on an headshot even if this is an T6 spear if im not mistaken and 200+ in pole arm along with buff perk bonuses. But he also where moving away along with armor so.....reduction there. How ever there is also the fearsome Couching which does 460 in damage right in this video but that also takes heck more aim and risk but it comes with an shield and yeah you can run down two in one there maybe more. But certainly not from the start.

Or you can kick Khuzait arses Roman style like real men ^^ In this EA sneakpeak video (ok wasnt one of my best moments but tired and it was damn chaos as usual with a lot of cavs everywhere ^^)

Last edited:
final_5fa9a7eacc21d200ead39c81_192008.gif

Here it did around 200 on an headshot even if this is an T6 spear if im not mistaken and 200+ in pole arm along with buff perk bonuses. But he also where moving away along with armor so.....reduction there. How ever there is also the fearsome Couching which does 460 in damage right in this video but that also takes heck more aim and risk but it comes with an shield and yeah you can run down two in one there maybe more. But certainly not from the start.

Or you can kick Khuzait arses Roman style like real men ^^ In this EA sneakpeak video (ok wasnt one of my best moments but tired and it was damn chaos as usual with a lot of cavs everywhere ^^)

In the first video when on horse you have a a fine steel menavlion I think. It is the only one that deals so much damage. Other spears don't not even with the aid of the horse speed.

In the first video when on horse you have a a fine steel menavlion I think. It is the only one that deals so much damage. Other spears don't not even with the aid of the horse speed.
Yeah but youre not using menavilion on horse since its to short and its not couchable. Menavlions to me is for early footsoldiers but can be for later to if you want to go up close and personal which the longer ones can do fine to when you skill up.... But you could if youre doing an agile light horse perhaps and heck even hvy since you can do everything if you really like even if it isnt an recommendation because you want range in certain situations

Fine steel menavlion is my favorite one. It beets everything all around if you get used to it and level your pole-arm skill a bit. Literally, I can't live without it..
I even managed to craft some even better ones than the ones you get in the market. It's the real "Kutzait breaker" . Too peaty no troop type uses it in the game.

Back
Top Bottom