smith smelt weps? HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
what're the weapons you can smelt??

on my first run i went with the perks that let you make the different steels, but a friend told me it's better to go with the "curious" maker perks to gain the blueprints faster.

he then said as far as the steels, u can buy them from towns and then smelt them for a lot of steels.

but does anyone know the weapons to smelt? also, if i buy out a town on certain wepaons, do they respawn ?

thanks

ps i tried looking for blacksmith guide but they're all outdated from like april 2020

You can smelt the uselles weapons you have been looting or the ones is not worth to sell, to cheap, for example

Just get hardwood, turn into coals then smelt your uselles gears, soon enough you'll have lot of materials

The blueprints are random anyway when you smelt weapons, so makes no difference

You can smelt the uselles weapons you have been looting or the ones is not worth to sell, to cheap, for example

Just get hardwood, turn into coals then smelt your uselles gears, soon enough you'll have lot of materials

The blueprints are random anyway when you smelt weapons, so makes no difference

but im saying, if you take the "curious smelter" and "curious smith" perks you pass on the "steel maker (1 and 2)" perks, therefore, you have no way to refine those steels unless you smelt weapons.

what i was asking is, a bud told me that you can go into a town and purchase some daggers and additional weapons to get those steels; specifically, the steel and fine steel.

but anyone knows specifically what weapons to purchase, and second, if you purchase those weapons in a town, do they respawn/refresh? or is there a set limit? (like once you buy those weapons from every town, thats it?)

thanks again

With swords and daggers, the name is a reasonably good guide to base material - iron, steel, fine steel, etc. I believe they would respawn, but maybe not quick enough for it to be an ideal strategy. (Also expensive). Price is also a reasonable approximation to materials.

What I'd really suggest though, is having other companion(s) take the iron/steel making perks. If you start smithing with all companions, probably most should focus on them.

Buy Pugio's from Imperial towns and smelt them. Think they give you everything apart from the rarest steel

Just save your game and buy some expensive stuff and smelt it to see what you can get, re-load if nothing gives you what you need.
Crafting weapons gives way way way more unlock points then smelting though.

i did that, i just bough the purgio or however u spell it and some Xipho knife, and they gave decent mats. they do run out and havent checked if they replenish but good enough for a solid early start smithing, and the two hand sword sell for a lot so it pays ooff

Back
Top Bottom